Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

I wouldn't say that his family is crazy.  

Nah, you’re right that might be too harsh. But, that selective breeding stuff rubbed me the wrong way and the way he’s raised these kids is pretty extreme imo. I’m not a fan of overly controlling fathers. That kind of environment can create a kind of hidden brittleness in people. 

Cosmi might have a conditioning issue.  Watching him in this second half, he's been waist-bending like crazy.  Too tired to keep his feet working?  Basically just latching on, sticking his head in the gut of the rusher, and riding him wide.  It's pretty ugly.

The Texas Tech line is getting home with three man pressures.  This was a bad game from Texas's line.  Shocking to see both Texas and Oklahoma fall apart like this against defensive fronts that aren't anything to write home about.

KJ Costello 623 yards 5 TD... And he's now a Mike Leach guy. 

Dylan Moses just got driven 20 yards downfield. My God. Moses definitely has some rust... but Harris has had to re-align him a few times... He's also not looking sturdy at the point of attack at all and his blitzes are taking him right out of the play. Not impressed with him so far.

But, rust is there.

Lol, Texas scored.  Got down to a first and goal then pushed themselves back with 2 consecutive OL procedural penalties, and then still immediately scored a long TD on a completely uncontested seam buster in the middle of the field.

This game set defense and special teams back a millennia.  Let's see if they get the 2 pt conversion and send this to OT.

Tom Herman is a Hell of a coach.  That was a brilliant play call.  And how about Sam Ehlinger?  He's got some Tim Tebow in him.

BIG play on 4th and 2. Mizzou runs option to the boundary and Moses fills to pitch and tackles the back for a two yard loss.

There he is. 

OH MY GOD! What a CATCH by Waddle. Holy crap. Gillespie smashed him as soon as he caught it while laid out. Unreal. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

KJ Costello 623 yards 5 TD... And he's now a Mike Leach guy. 

I liked him back at Stanford, and with that dorky looking haircut, I could see him being the next Gardner Minshew.  He throws a nice ball that is super catchable.  And he's got all of the poise and management skills you'd expect from an upperclassman with a Stanford pedigree.

Just now, KDawg said:

Miami offense going through Cam Harris to start off. He's another guy that can increase his pro stock with a big season. DeeJay Dallas did him a huge favor by declaring last year.

He is a little bit high with his pads, but he is an absolute bruiser.  You can tell he loves running into guys and delivering the blow.  I'm not sure how big he is, but he runs like he's 230 and chiseled.  He looks like a good prospect who could be one of the major risers if he continues having such a good year.

His build reminds me of Ray Rice.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Miami has another member of the Blades lineage on their team this year?

Yup. Al Blades, Jr. 

Corner.

He's alright. Have to watch more of him. Not sure of his prospect status, but he's definitely at least on the pro radar that scouts will look at. 

As an aside, the way FSU is calling their plays is similar to the way WFT should call their plays tomorrow. Quick hitters, move the pocket. I hope Scott Turner is watching. 

Their QB is a bit more mobile. But... same premise. 

So.... two weeks in a row now for Miami...

A play happens, there is a controversial aspect to it. Tonight, it was a bad spot. He was short a foot from the yard to gain. Would have been Miami ball, but 4th down.

They spotted him for a first.

Miami got up to the line and ran a play. 

They were getting ready to run the next play, and the refs reviewed the spot.

Announcer, a former ref, starts saying the refs should slow the game down in that situation (bad take).

It WAS a bad spot. But how can you let a play happen and then review? The ACC needs to put a stop to that. 

Archived