Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

zCommander

20 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Maybe he just carries his weight well?

NFL.com has him at 321, which isn’t bad. I wanna say Trent came in at 315 and NFL.com has him at 320 now. Thats before we throw in the fact that Trent is an inch taller. Many of the best tackles in the league flex between 305-320

Sahdiq is only 21, so I expect his weight to flux moving forward, but I don’t think he is small right now. Looking over his draft class, it seems like he it the second biggest, only behind Becton among major prospects.

Unless he grows more, he might be in position to shed a few lbs in his first offseason, similar to Haskins. Zombie can help with that if needed.

I think it's more of a height/length thing, his weight is probably fine, he looks pretty stocky and the guy has some tree trunks for legs. We'll see, I think he has a chance of being a stud at LG. 

On 8/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think it's more of a height/length thing, his weight is probably fine, he looks pretty stocky and the guy has some tree trunks for legs. We'll see, I think he has a chance of being a stud at LG. 

He's pretty big but watching him he seems to move well and have pretty quick feet for a 320 lb guy. As far as the length thing, that's a legit concern, and having really good length can make it easier for a Tackle to get into a DL guy's pads first. But it also isn't the end-all-be-all. IIRC Joe Thomas had somewhat short arms but his technique was so outstanding that it didn't really matter. Usually a guy who's moved from Tackle in college to Guard in the NFL will be started out at Tackle and then moved if it seems he's a better fit at Guard. That's what happened with Scherff.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

dislocated kneecaps suck. I have one that dislocates from time to time. He will definitely be back though, rest until the inflamation goes down and then a special brace and he will be fine. Hopefully doesn't need surgery but I have a brace that totally holds the kneecap in place and I'm sure he will get one much better than mine! I bet he's back after the bye. 

I'd love to get to see the kid play, he is a very athletic olineman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

At this point, just IR him for the year and give him time instead of constantly aggravating it. 

Nah, get him all this reps as possible in a lost year. 

Edited by wit33