Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

zCommander

Round 4 • Pick 2 (108)
HEIGHT: 6' 4" WEIGHT: 321 lbs
BTBTTVOYMJDMLHQ.20190612133156.JPG
Charles had an unusual junior season. He helped the LSU Tigers win the national title (and helped the offensive line win the Joe Moore Award as the nation's best unit) by starting nine games at left tackle but also missed six games for disciplinary reasons. Charles missed time in his sophomore season, as well, starting 10 games at left tackle and sitting out three contests due to injury. He did play in all 13 games his freshman year, however, starting nine at three different positions (seven at left tackle, one at right tackle, one at right guard) to garner SEC All-Freshman Team honors. Charles is a New Orleans native whose family moved around a bit in the wake of the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. They settled in Mississippi, allowing Saahdiq (pronounced suh-deeq) to become an all-state offensive lineman and four-star recruit.

Edited by zskins

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

But he has said it was a mistake. I am sure having a coach like Rivera should help him stay focused. Plus he said: "

It was a decision that Charles called in late February, "a selfish and stupid mistake" that doesn't reflect the person that he is. 

“It was just a mistake,” Charles told Yahoo at the NFL Combine. “It’s not a part of my life anymore, whatever I went through that led to the suspensions. It was selfish and a stupid mistake, honestly. I moved forward from it.”"

• Like 1

Just now, zskins said:

But he has said it was a mistake. I am sure having a coach like Rivera should help him stay focused. Plus he said: "

It was a decision that Charles called in late February, "a selfish and stupid mistake" that doesn't reflect the person that he is. 

“It was just a mistake,” Charles told Yahoo at the NFL Combine. “It’s not a part of my life anymore, whatever I went through that led to the suspensions. It was selfish and a stupid mistake, honestly. I moved forward from it.”"

Sure, the thing I don't like is what was just said about him on NFL network that he is a follower not a leader and someone you can't trust.

We must assume Rivera will make sure he's not going to be a distraction.

Just now, FrFan said:

Sure, the thing I don't like is what was just said about him on NFL network that he is a follower not a leader and someone you can't trust.

We must assume Rivera will make sure he's not going to be a distraction.

Yup. Having two powerful coaches like Del Rio and Rivera should straighten him up if hasn't wisened up already. 

• Like 1

I am not getting an off-the-field problem vibe from this guy.  Mad some mistakes, but I think the coaching staff will take care of that.

Reading, he lacks some strength, and need some developement.  I hope he developes fast and can step in at tackle.

Overall, I like thep pick.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Talented but issues with injuries and discipline. Meh, its the 4th round, might as well take some risks. Maybe he takes over for Morgan Moses in 2021.

Per NFL: Charles fell a bit due to some character concerns, but he has Day 2 talent. With the departure of Trent Williams, look for the athletic Charles to compete for that starting left tackle spot.

He looks like he could pound some dudes.  Wish Callahan was still here to be his O-line coach.   I am so glad Williams is gone.  The 49ers will not get

3 full years out of him at all.   This kid is young and has the potential to grow with this young team we have now.  I am sure Rivera is glad to get rid of a malcontent.

• Like 1

Despite his off field stuff Charles IS NOT a lazy player. HE PLAYS HARD. Will need a lot of work in the weight room. I hope getting him into the building and on a regular workout routine will settle his off field life down some.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 4