Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

I've been saying it. You can just see from him every time the ball is in his hands. He is special. Extremely special and he's just getting started in his career. Looks a bit more comfortable every game. Doesn't take bad yards, falls forward, makes the first guy miss pretty much every play.

You don't see guys that size stop and cut that fast, while losing no speed. Might be my favorite player to watch right now.

• Like 8

On 10/7/2020 at 4:33 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I've been saying it. You can just see from him every time the ball is in his hands. He is special. Extremely special and he's just getting started in his career. Looks a bit more comfortable every game. Doesn't take bad yards, falls forward, makes the first guy miss pretty much every play.

You don't see guys that size stop and cut that fast, while losing no speed. Might be my favorite player to watch right now.

yes,runs a lil upright at times but still... so did Dickerson and Roger Craig

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If you give the kids touches he is going to produce. That much is very clear. Still think he’s totally underutilized. He should have 17-20 rushes and at least 3-5 targets each game imo. 

Honestly I wouldnt run him ragged yet. We could slip into the playoffs this season and then I would feed him. Or, we could be working with something next season. I guess Im saying I wouldnt run him too heavy until it possibly means something for the team. But its football so you really cant protect him forever. 

• Like 3

With the amount of yardage he gets after contact, he really should be the one in the majority of our goal line situations. I get that right now the coaching staff thinks Barber has better vision for those situations, but he doesn't do much to really push the pile like AG can. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If you give the kid touches he is going to produce. That much is very clear. Still think he’s totally underutilized. He should have 17-20 rushes and at least 3-5 targets each game imo. 

I think Rivera is still focused on his development, and winning is happening.  We have hardly used Gibson in the pass game, and I think that's because River wants him focused on developing as a runner.  He's not really pushing his pass catching, because he want's to get him to certain point as a runner before he expands that part of the playbook.  Just like a pitcher in the preseason who want's to get better at throwing a slider... you know he's got heat, you want him to keep getting those reps and developing his secondary pitches.  

• Like 3

@Llevron  @OVCChairman For sure guys, I totally get it the reasoning for the slower development and “no rush” mentality of easing him in. He’s a huge threat with the ball in his and I think the more you play him the better the offense will run. I also think it will give The D less clues to what we are gonna do as opposed to having Barber or McKissic In there. I’m sure as we go, he’ll get more and more. At least I hope🤞🏽

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2