Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

I don't get what is going on with Gibson, it seemed like a month ago he was getting better every game and was starting to get more touches, now he is back to only being in there a small amount.  I hate sounding like a broken record but when Rivera cut AP, he specifically stated Gibson's ability in the passing game as a reason why, but I don't see him even being used like that very much.   I would like to see him get more catches in the flat, RB screens, anything to get the ball in his hands.  He is impressive in the field once he has the ball and a little bit of space.

• Like 1

I find myself consistently underwhelmed with Scott Turner as OC. There are solid playcalls at times, but for the most part there really isn't any creativity in the offense. Gibson being used as typical HB is strange enough, but he often times doesn't even get much work there.

Oh well. The team's pretty bad so I guess it doesn't matter that much. I really did prefer what we saw of O'Connell last season, though.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We need to motion Gibson out wide and have him run routes like the way the Saints use Kamara.

You’re not the boss of me.

This isn’t good. I’m going to quote Del Rio every chance I get for the next week.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Ah whatever you're in too deep now. We have no choice at this point. 

LOL. Yes for sure, you are correct. It's not at all a consideration to not be a Skins fan...... it's just an expression of my exasperation.  It's a hard sell to my kids at this point, they're both like: dad our team sucks. LOL.. I preach patience and sticking to it...It'll turn eventually. 

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2020 at 4:22 PM, LegendSeanTaylor said:

None on the final 2 drives when we should have been chewing clock

Yea, that's interesting because I remember the announcer saying "Washington can do whatever they want to, here". Meaning, there was plenty of time on the clock, that they could afford to run as well as pass, so there was no need to rush it, which is what we did, leading to the INT

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Gibson but he's going to have to improve as a pass blocker

Yeah that likely explains a lot, including the lack of touches. On the plus side, McKissic has been a positive this year. Think he’s got great value heading into next season.

He is young. He is showing signs of improvement in many areas. For whatever reason pass pro seems to be a bugaboo for many young backs. I don’t quite understand why, it’s pretty simple.

In a 6 man protection the OL has the four down and the Mike. The back has any blitzer that is the first/immediate threat and then the QB throws hot off of anything else.

Why all the hype on him if his pass pro is non-existent. Why didn't AP warn us! 

We all know by now that all the talent in the world gets punked by no pass pro, and of course, fumbling.

I am thinking I should dump him from my full PPR and pickup Capt Fantastics #1 checkdown instead.

Edited by RandyHolt