Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

He still wouldn't have scored.. now had he have cut in and taken it up he would have scored..but the way it looked to me the safety would have got him even with Mclaurin's block

Inside cut puts you in the sights of an unblocked #23 in addition to the corner being blocked by Terry.  Cutting outside puts you one on one with the corner.  That's a better bet.

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Smh

My guess is he got the play call wrong and thought it was a screen play and didn't want to get a pass interference. 

Otherwise I got nothing.

And that doesn't really explain the half assed whiff on the second block either.

Edited by redskinss

I saw that in real time and winced.  It's a weird scheme because Terry doesn't block the force man, he blocks down on the Will in the alley.  Looks like the design was for Thomas to block the force man #24 and he just missed the block.  But I don't understand the thinking behind leaving the playside DE unblocked, which makes me think Geron Christian is the one who ****ed up.  Logan Thomas didn't expect 94 to crash unblocked so he panicked, knew he had to reach that force man on the outside to stay on schedule, so ran around him in an awkward way.

Whatever the call was, we need to work on it.  Good effort from Gibson to turn a play that was blocked for -5 yards into a 5 yard gain.

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

My guess is he got the play call wrong and thought it was a screen play and didn't want to get a pass interference. 

Otherwise I got nothing.

And that doesn't really explain the half assed whiff on the second block either.

Sometimes you whiff but at least on the whiff he made effort. I did not see it as half-assed but just lack of ability, which may be worse.  On the first, only reason is something like you guess

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Logan Thomas is worse than Jordan Reed at blocking.  This is going to be a nightmare all season.

That's a predictable mismatch having a converted QB TE block Brandon Graham at the point of attack.  He's not good, and as such, you'd think we wouldn't be scheming him up such difficult blocks.  He's not even going to get in the way against a player like Graham.  And wtf is with the design on the other play?

53 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's a predictable mismatch having a converted QB TE block Brandon Graham at the point of attack.  He's not good, and as such, you'd think we wouldn't be scheming him up such difficult blocks.  He's not even going to get in the way against a player like Graham.  And wtf is with the design on the other play?

He could have at least blocked that corner though. Gibson might have had a bigger scamper down the sideline. It's the lack of desire to block that is kind of scary. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

I suspect Logan thought Gibson was tighter behind him (or was supposed to be) and was just trying to barely get enough of a piece of those blocks, moving ahead to his next block. 

To whiff on.  He didn't get called for holding so he is automatically a better run blocker than Reed.  And he scored. 

So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

tenor.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Smh.

That won't happen a second time hopefully.  Sure to get placed on the big screen during the meeting. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's the lack of desire to block that is kind of scary. 

I'm sure he will find that desire after the tape review.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He could have at least blocked that corner though. Gibson might have had a bigger scamper down the sideline. It's the lack of desire to block that is kind of scary. 

I think he just missed the block, not necessarily that he wasn't trying.  It's lousy execution, but that isn't the easiest block to stick.  Especially because it looks like he was rerouted by the unblocked DE.  He's probably never going to be a good blocker but we also probably need to scheme easier blocks in for him.

23 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

What's the rule on defenders running out of bounds and then coming back in to make the tackle?  That was #21.  Moses did not push him out.  He stepped out when he spun away from Moses.  Not that it affected the play, but it could have.

I think that only matters in the return game. I could be wrong though.

32 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

THIS is what your call a "clothesline tackle".

Defenders have given up on tackling his body, so they have now resorted to wedgies.

IIRC there were 2 instances of someones jersey looking more like fishing line in this game....

• Like 1

How is the Zona run D?  I was surprised to see so much Barber but RB by committee is all the rage. 

I want to see a limited set of plays for AG and our OL heck Logan everyone is learning and want to keep it simple for a bit. And maybe that is what happened, and when RR wanted to call other plays, went to Barber maybe more trusted for those play sets. Barber is a TD Machine!

Edited by RandyHolt