Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Gibson is listed as an RB, WR in Yahoo Fantasy Football ... which makes him a very intriguing prospect to stash on the bench as a flier last pick. FWIW, many fantasy analysts are hopping on the Gibson bandwagon for being a late-round flier.

I want him to play in the slot more, since we have Mckissic.  But it probably won’t happen.  It would help the receivers out a lot imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, Jericho said:

Likely wildly optimistic. Only one WR (McLaurin) and one RB (Peterson) eclipsed those marks individually last season. Gibson is incredibly raw and completely unproven. Odds seem higher he fails to meet both benchmarks.

You gotta think they drafted him to be a matchup mismatch and that he's gonna be used in a lot of ways.....To take him as high as they did they must love him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why I think Gibson is going to play a bigger part in this offense than many think:

It’s not a coincidence that we have multiple backs that can catch. Guice can catch. McKissic was a WR in college. And now we have Gibson. There should be plenty of balls to go around. 

Bryce Love better come in healthy and hopefully can also demonstrate some skill as a receiver. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Dude has some thick legs. I really hope he's a bigger, more explosive, more durable, Chris Thompson. 

Agreed. Expectations are fairly high on Gibson, quite a bit of hype, I guess his high selection in the draft brings most of that on. Sure looks like a great fit for a Turner though.

#24 huh?

I always used preseason to memorize these new guys numbers. Week 1 is gonna be so weird. I will need a player number cheat sheet.

Who am I kidding? I’ll just lock onto Young. When the offense is on the field, I’ll just break down what color Gatorade he’s drinking on the sideline.

If your waiting for a Zombie Pun… I’ve got nothin’ goin on upstrairs…

(Zombie pun FTW)

Edited by FootballZombie

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Love, Guise, McKissic and Gibson are such unique weapons and one of them is going to blow this offense up.

I have much higher hopes for Love than McKissic. Yeah, Love is coming off of a bad injury, but before that he came in 2nd in Heisman voting and would likely been a 1st round pick if he'd declared for the 2018 draft. McKissic went undrafted in 2016 and has been on 4 teams in 4 years now. There's usually a reason for that.

IF Love fully rebounds from his injury to where he was before it and Guice can stay healthy we could have an insane combo with Guice, Love, and Gibson. Three different guys with three different, but potent, skill sets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I have much higher hopes for Love than McKissic. Yeah, Love is coming off of a bad injury, but before that he came in 2nd in Heisman voting and would likely been a 1st round pick if he'd declared for the 2018 draft. McKissic went undrafted in 2016 and has been on 4 teams in 4 years now. There's usually a reason for that.

IF Love fully rebounds from his injury to where he was before it and Guice can stay healthy we could have an insane combo with Guice, Love, and Gibson. Three different guys with three different, but potent, skill sets.

I imagine if Love looks healthy throughout camp and going into week 1 then JD gets cut.

26 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I imagine if Love looks healthy throughout camp and going into week 1 then JD gets cut

They gave him a million guaranteed though. 

I think JD has a unique skill set that makes him a lock. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

They gave him a million guaranteed though. 

I think JD has a unique skill set that makes him a lock. 

They gave him a $500,000 signing bonus, but he'd count for $1 million dead cap if he were cut. We have a ton of cap space this year so if they really thought they had better players at the position than JD, they wouldn't keep him around just because he'd count against the cap.

I think he's mainly an insurance policy in case Guice and/or Love aren't fully healthy or can't stay healthy. Like I said, the guy has been on 4 teams in 4 years for a reason.