Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Taught my 4 year old how to play fetch with my 18 month old

it has provided great entertainment. 

the best of which is when the 4yo gets mad the 18mo old can’t figure out how to play the “human” so the 4 yo can play the “dog”

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was able to get my sourdough starter going & made 2 loaves of bread. Pretty decent, learned a lot. Ready to try it again but cook it on my smoker. And add some olives. Overall pretty pleased for my 1st attempt. The starter is now hibernating in the fridge waiting for its next activation

Bread.jpg.46d033a1412f30980933e523be2e131e.jpg

We went with inexpensive ramen noodles tonight. Tried a new method of cooking onions, garlic, spinach, sausage on the grill at the same time. Veggies in foil with sausage over the fire. Ended up pretty tasty with some pad thai inspired sauce. Pineapple Chicken sausage from Costco - tasty & juicy...Cheap eats...

949736087_dinner2.jpg.94adcbf47438f2c5e7735d3e51451fae.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Taught my 4 year old how to play fetch with my 18 month old

it has provided great entertainment. 

the best of which is when the 4yo gets mad the 18mo old can’t figure out how to play the “human” so the 4 yo can play the “dog”

Your wife lets you throw your 18month old around like that?

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea but Vox is a bunch of pretentious weenies. The type that knocks Die Hard for not having enough social commentary. 

Vox is comprised of NoVa lawyers?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Vox is comprised of NoVa lawyers?

I thought a minute about this. 

Vox writers are like if NoVa (DC) lawyers had an easy, lower stakes job. So like, write well, nitpick things, worry about the stuff that most people don’t give a **** about. But also with a level of stress that doesn’t turn you into an alcoholic or drug addict or suicidal. 

So basically Vox is boring pretentious weenies, not just pretentious weenies. 

Edit:  Ill note that i have colleagues that consider themselves borderline alcoholics and are very concerned, but their habits are kind of a joke to me because they went to Duke and I went to WVU. Lol. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those who say buying liquor from Target would be odd, all I can say is if you are ever in St. Thomas and you buy liquor along the tourist strip where the cruise ships dock, you likely way over paid.  Had you gone straight instead of turning to the left to go where all the tourist shops are, you could have bought your liquor at far lower prices.  The locals buy most of their liquor from here https://www.kmart.com/stores/virgin-islands/st-thomas/3829.html

For an idea of prices, kracken rum price. When I was there, I saw this for $32 on the strip.

22 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Correction.  I found a delivery company, but they don't serve Alexandria.

https://drizly.com/alcohol-delivery/va/re51

I used drizly the other day in Maryland. Worked out great.

I panicked for a few minutes when the driver got close because I couldn't find my wallet, but I didn't even get carded. I was kind of surprised to be honest, I figured they'd have to.

They have a coupon that wipes out the delivery charge, so for the price of tipping my hardworking driver, he brings my beer to me.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Feels like we haven’t seen the sun in the DMV in months at this point.

April showers bring May flowers. 

Seeing flood watch warnings for costal DC areas, mother nature getting it in before May Day.

Edited by Renegade7

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In the salt one, all of the books are pretentious AF, including 3 identical Constitutional Law casebooks. 

What's more pretentious, lawyer boy, the books? Or noticing what the books are?

[Just playing with ya.]

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd love to see an accurate of the sunny-to cloudy/rainy days in the last calendar year. Feels like for every moderately sunny day, we get 4 days of Transylvania 

You should be here. We're already over our average rainfall for the year. I'm gonna have to mow my yard with the weed eater because I can't push the lawn mower. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1