Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

On 3/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, The Sean and Laron show said:

Dunbar went from an undrafted WR to a quality starting CB. He should have been a foundational piece of the culture to show that anything's possible when you work hard. Instead he's part of a long list of homegrown talent that management has alienated and undervalued.

I think part of the problem is his thought that he could strongarm the new regime into giving into his demands. I'm sure he much preferred club Jay and the way things were. That was not conducive to winning though, and him and his attitude had to go.

I'm sure I'm not in the minority when I say good riddance to QD, he should have been a foundational piece but his attitude was ****.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:10 AM, The Sean and Laron show said:

Dunbar went from an undrafted WR to a quality starting CB. He should have been a foundational piece of the culture to show that anything's possible when you work hard. Instead he's part of a long list of homegrown talent that management has alienated and undervalued.

It bothers me too....

Thanks for sharing that article. It was a really good read, and interesting to get Horton's take on Dunbar. But c'mon, man, did you have to go there -----> “It was about just, basically, I gave a lot to the Washington organization,’’ Dunbar said. Well change his name to Bobby Beathard and put him in the Ring of Fame! I really like Dunbar, and always have since he joined the team. Willingness to make the position switch shows something, and success at making the switch shows something even better. I hope he has success with the Seahawks. He has been traded to an optimal situation. The team could've been nasty and sent him somewhere less desirable. Instead, they traded him to a contender, to a team whose defensive scheme and approach are a great fit for him, to a state where he'll pay no state income tax (that's a sizable raise right there)......so many positives in this for Dunbar's new beginning. I wish him well, but I trust what the new regime is building. 

https://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

I know firsthand that many Redskins fans wanted changes to the front office this offseason, but imagine they may now have second thoughts. It seems as though the Redskins are in more turmoil than ever now that they don't have smart people making decisions any longer. 

This might be the most lopsided trade we've seen this offseason without Bill O'Brien being involved. It makes zero sense. Quinton Dunbar was one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL last year. The Redskins, who were already in dire need of cornerback help, practically traded Dunbar for nothing, netting just a fifth-round pick in return. The Redskins should've gotten much more for Dunbar, but it appears as though the new front office can't evaluate talent properly. Be careful what you wish for. 

The Seahawks are huge winners. They've needed a No. 1 cornerback to replace Richard Sherman for a couple of years now, and they finally have one. Dunbar is good enough to get the team over the hump in regard to advancing deep into the playoffs. This is a no-brainer A+ for them. 

Grade for Seahawks - A+ 
Grade for Redskins - O'BRIEN”

11 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

On what planet was Dunbar one of the top CB’s in football? Stats from a crappy pass defense of a guy who was injured a good portion of the season?

Apparently, there are some bitter Bruce Allen fans over at walter football. :)

50 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

On what planet was Dunbar one of the top CB’s in football? Stats from a crappy pass defense of a guy who was injured a good portion of the season?

PFF ranked him second best corner in the league last year...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-top-25-cornerbacks-through-week-17

Horton thinks he’s the next Richard Sherman...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/former-uw-standout-on-new-seahawk-quinton-dunbar-what-you-are-getting-is-a-young-richard-sherman/

9 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

All of which, if you look at what he did on-field and how good the pass Defense was on-field, is a bunch of pig crap. Feel-good story of an UDFA WR who converted to DB, but the hyperbole making him the love child of Deion and Darrel is more than a bit nauseating. The pass Defense on the team last year was awful and he was a starter. I really couldn’t care less about PFF statistics from a relatively small sample size of an oft-injured player.

51 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Apparently, there are some bitter Bruce Allen fans over at walter football. :)

If I remember correctly, Walter Football is run by Philly Eagle fans.

I would have liked better value, but given that Dunbar isn't really a proven commodity, was always injured, and was being as big a public malcontent as he could I was surprised the 'skins got as much as they did.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:36 AM, ntotoro said:

How? He was a UDFA to the ‘Skins and Seattle didn’t sign him as a FA or draft him.

He didn't get extended, so if he leaves for a decent deal Seattle will get a comp pick. Chances are it will be higher than a 5th. Looking at next year's free agency period. 

This was unquestionably a stupid move. He wanted a couple million more dollars. We could have paid him, watched him look awesome behind Young-Allen-Ioannidis-Sweat and traded him for a better price next year or gotten a significant comp pick out of him. Or franchised him. We saved a couple of million, gained almost nothing, and aren't even going to use that cap space. I don't care if he went about it the wrong way. He was right about the principal and we were a better team before we traded him away. 

Reminds me of cutting Swearinger for criticizing Manusky. We should have fired Manusky instead. Swearinger should have kept his mouth shut, but he was dead on correct and our team was worse off for letting him go.

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This was unquestionably a stupid move. He wanted a couple million more dollars. We could have paid him, watched him look awesome behind Young-Allen-Ioannidis-Sweat and traded him for a better price next year or gotten a significant comp pick out of him. Or franchised him. We saved a couple of million, gained almost nothing, and aren't even going to use that cap space. I don't care if he went about it the wrong way. He was right about the principal and we were a better team before we traded him away. 

Reminds me of cutting Swearinger for criticizing Manusky. We should have fired Manusky instead. Swearinger should have kept his mouth shut, but he was dead on correct and our team was worse off for letting him go.

Times like this I'm reminded that, by and large, Redskins fans will cheerfully eat every single turd sandwich crammed into their mouths by this team.  It's incredible that any reasoning football fan could talk themselves into defending that dumbass trade.

It's hard to get fair value for someone that can't stay healthy.

It doesn't matter how I feel about his talent, the top of our cap going into this offseason was dominated by players that couldn't stay healthy.  He would've just been another one of we paid him what he wanted.

Is what it is, him being ugly on the way out is just extra reason why I was one of maybe two people tops that said we should cut him months ago, saw this coming..

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Lol this idiot currently has a warrant out for his arrest in Miramar, FL for armed robbery with a firearm per Twitter. 5th suddenly seems like a great deal... hell it's a "robbery"! 😂

4 counts in fact. And 4 counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. He’s finished. 

Archived