Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

San Fran was down by 2 possessions with less than a minute to go, the game was over when Jimmy G threw the hail mary that Fuller picked.

I do not understand why everyone is so giddy about this pickup, he's a very average player.

Good slot corner though. An average outside corner and safety, yes.  But that was the first time he’s played those positions. 

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Good slot corner though. An average outside corner and safety, yes.  But that was the first time he’s played those positions. 

And I hope we can plug him right back in there and he's back to being the best slot CB in the league but I hear people saying he will play CB2, that scares me.

18 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

San Fran was down by 2 possessions with less than a minute to go, the game was over when Jimmy G threw the hail mary that Fuller picked.

I do not understand why everyone is so giddy about this pickup, he's a very average player.

Average player with a Super Bowl ring.

I don't see any giddiness in my posts regarding Fuller. 

Nor have I seen anyone comparing him to Darrell Green.

What they are happy about is a good player who should do well in Rivera's defense.

1 hour ago, #1skinsfanever said:

IDK i do know Gruden had a major problem with Keshawn Johnson  in Tampa Bay is that who you are thinking of?

It was Keenan McCardell and the agent was the one who told the story and I believe it was when Bruce was the GM in Tampa. In fact, someone on this site posted the story with the point being difficult Bruce was to deal with as a GM. The agent and McCardell came up with a plan to get under Gruden's skin so he would go to Bruce and demand that McCardell be traded. Apparently it was very out of McCardell's character to act that way, as a malcontent, but he did it as part of he and his agents plan. It's a great story. 

Just saw a clip with RR talking about how he doesn't know this group of guys yet and is hoping minicamp helps him learn the guys. Problem is that Dunbar or Trent won't show up for minicamp if they ever even have one. Gonna be tough for a new staff to get their system across if that's the case....

On 3/22/2020 at 7:09 AM, Burgold said:

"He's only a B, but he's a diva and a pain in the ass. I have to live with this actor for six months. If he was an A you put up with it. For an A+ you put up with almost anything, but for a B it's not worth it."

Would you grade Portis an A and Riggins an A+ ?

6 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Would you grade Portis an A and Riggins an A+ ?

Definitely not Portis.  Riggins might have been an A for his era in his prime. Mind you, I tend to be a hard grader. I don't think there are all that many A's or A+'s period.

Portis though, as steady as he was, always started seasons slow because he wouldn't train during the offseason and believed into playing himself into shape, then would get hurt towards the end of the year because he hadn't built up his endurance in the right way. I put Clinton in the good to very good range. Very distant from a Hall of Famer. Riggo is in the Hall which makes it harder to argue against him. Then again, most of us remember (if we remember) 1985 Riggo when he was in his mid-thirties, injured during the week, and would come off traction on Sundays. Even I remember Riggins as more of an Eddie George back than a dynamic game-breaking back.

Riggo, Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Portis, and many others were pains in the butts. Some were more managable pains in the butt, but even Riggo they let walk away and waited 'til he was ready to come back. I don't think they negotiated a new contract. After all, Riggos famous line was "I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back."

Williams wants $20M per year (greedy and deluded).  Dunbar was making $3 M and probably could have been re-signed for like 3yrs $15M.

I think he would have bought in to the culture with a new contract but I don't think RR believes in financial solutions.

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Average player with a Super Bowl ring.

Just as New England has done KC will have a rotating door of guys like Breeland and Fuller, its the only way to keep the talent in place with cap restraints.

I don't see any giddiness in my posts regarding Fuller.

You didn't but you sensationalized his interception in the Superbowl as being "key", my point was his int was meaningless as the game was over and KC could have found about 30 other guys just like Breeland and Fuller to be place holders while Mahomes outscores other teams on his way to the Superbowl. 

What they are happy about is a good player who should do well in Rivera's defense.

Is he good? He's 25 years old and played for a future hall of fame coach, why didn't they want him if he's so good, why did he lose his starting job and even get moved to safety if he is good? 

He's a slot corner and we gave him $10M a year, WTF!

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Then again, most of us remember (if we remember) 1985 Riggo when he was in his mid-thirties, injured during the week, and would come off traction on Sundays. Even I remember Riggins as more of an Eddie George back than a dynamic game-breaking back.

even Riggo they let walk away and waited 'til he was ready to come back. I don't think they negotiated a new contract. After all, Riggos famous line was "I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back."

Some of us remember that glorious, but all-too-brief, moment when a fiery comet named John Riggins crashed into the Dallas Cowboys' outer defenses, smashed through an arm tackle, and blazed 66 yards to pay dirt, outrunning CB Dennis Thurman*.  When the debris had settled and Dallas escaped with the help of a corrupt referee, a dejected Riggins, despondent at the waste of his talent, Riggins rode off into the sunset and returned home to the dusty plains of Kansas.  After a visit from the new head coach of the Redskins a year later, Riggins intoned the first of his famous catchprases:  "I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back."***  With newfound conviction** and zeal, in 1982 he implored his one-time breakfast drinking partner****:  "Give me the ball!".  No longer a fiery comet, he had become the asteroid of doom, an unstoppable force.  To this day, he holds the record for most rushing yardage in the playoffs and how many other players have scored the winning SB TD on 4th down?  (That and apparently he was a great guy to be around.)  The Universe can only tolerate 1 Riggo per team without imploding, but that 1 Riggo, how do you not grade him an A+?

* Thurman should be embarrassed more than Don McNeil.  It's funny as hell, but there's no shame in being tossed aside by Riggins like a piece of snot.  Thurman, a 175 lb cornerback, got out-dang-run by a 235 pound fullback.

**To be clear, I am not using "conviction" in the criminal justice sense.

*** "Ron may be President, but tonight I'm the king."  "Loosen up Sandy baby, you're too tight."

**** Gibbs was at Riggo's house for breakfast and 2 beers were drunk at that meal.  Riggo wasn't pulling a George Thorogood.  Yeah, sure, you wouldn't go into battle with Joe Gibbs as your breakfast drinking buddy, but not too many coaches can say "been there".

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Is he good? He's 25 years old and played for a future hall of fame coach, why didn't they want him if he's so good, why did he lose his starting job and even get moved to safety if he is good? 

He's a slot corner and we gave him $10M a year, WTF!

Yes, he is good. He will make a fine re-addition to the Redskins.

One reason I believe they didn't keep him was because they couldn't afford him. The Chiefs are pretty tight against the cap, I believe.

Another reason is Fuller wanted to come back here (believe it or not). He jumped at the chance when the Redskins offered him a deal as he was raised in the DMV area (born in Baltimore, attended high school in Olney, went to college at Virginia Tech).

I'm getting the impression that you had your own "wish list" of free agents you wanted the Redskins to attain, and are now throwing a fit because they had the audacity not to pursue "your guys".

No reason to take that on Fuller. He'll do well for the Redskins.

Just now, TK said:

46 Mil in cap space now...

who we buying next then. Must be something in the works, right?

Just now, benskins26 said:

So we have 3 CBs on the roster with a pile of dog doo left in FA? Better get a HAUL in the trade down

I could see us bringing another DB in quite soon.

10 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Thats a clown deal. League is laughing

Also, we’re very clearly trading back

Doubtful.  Seems like nobody really wanted him.  Carolina obviously preferred a 5th rounder to Dunbar.  Teams really don't want to bring in headaches.

Archived