Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

They get a good CB for a cheap contract. But we’ll all feel better when he only plays 8 games. Don’t freak out folks. Did anyone expect anything better? He is good but always hurt. This is better than I expected, we are all just butt hurt we gave up as much for Kyle Allen. 

16 minutes ago, Panninho said:

That's a horrible trade. Would have probably gotten more via a comp pick next year. Wtf ist that?

The comp pick wouldn't be available to the Skins until 2022...and the formula goes, each year out reduces a draft pick by a round. So a 3rd rounder in 2022 would be the equivalent of a 4th rounder in 2021 and a 5th rounder in 2020...which is what we got lol.

33 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'm getting the impression that you had your own "wish list" of free agents you wanted the Redskins to attain, and are now throwing a fit because they had the audacity not to pursue "your guys".

No, I don't have "guys", I want the team to pick whoever they believe will help them.  

I don't dislike the Fuller signing either but he's really just a guy until he gets back to 2017 form.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The comp pick wouldn't be available to the Skins until 2022...and the formula goes, each year out reduces a draft pick by a round. So a 3rd rounder in 2022 would be the equivalent of a 4th rounder in 2021 and a 5th rounder in 2020...which is what we got lol.

But he was gonna’ be Darrel and Deion wrapped up in one and the team just let him go! Should have gotten Seattle’s next three #1’s!!!!!!!11

5 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Average player with a Super Bowl ring.

I don't see any giddiness in my posts regarding Fuller. 

Nor have I seen anyone comparing him to Darrell Green.

What they are happy about is a good player who should do well in Rivera's defense.

Why are you so stuck on superbowl, back up qbs that that didnt play a down or help the team win during the season have superbowl rings....who cares, there are tons of players each year that have a ring that had nothing to do with the superbowl.

Just now, Gibbs828791 said:

Why are you so stuck on superbowl, back up qbs that that didnt play a down or help the team win during the season have superbowl rings....who cares, there are tons of players each year that have a ring that had nothing to do with the superbowl.

True. But in this case Fuller was the highest graded Chiefs defender in the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

But Fuller did more in the Super Bowl than just get a ring because he just happened to be on the winning team's sideline.

He played in the game, and did well.

Adios Dunny.

Having had the privilege to cover games for ES over the years, I've grown to like a lot of these guys.  Most of them are pretty nice, approachable, professional.  

I'm not saying Dunny wasn't those things as I never really talked to him but for a guy who worked his way into a starting role and then proceeded to be hurt more often than he was healthy, he sure walked around like he was someone.  Not like Deion Sanders but a few steps below it.  That guy thought he was special, it was weird.  I can't really describe it, but you know the type of guy you see in the club who thinks everyone came out that night to see him and he's got some nice clothes, meanwhile he drove up and parked around the corner in an old ass Honda Civic?  That was Dunny.  

And now he'll play in 16 games and lead the league in interceptions in Seattle.  

The only positive about all this is the fact that Dunbar was an UDFA. We got a 5th rounder for basically nothing. 

Everything else sucks. Either this team has no idea how to negotiate or teams only trade with us if they feel like they're getting a steal and are going bargain bin shopping. 

✌

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Adios Dunny.

Having had the privilege to cover games for ES over the years, I've grown to like a lot of these guys.  Most of them are pretty nice, approachable, professional.  

I'm not saying Dunny wasn't those things as I never really talked to him but for a guy who worked his way into a starting role and then proceeded to be hurt more often than he was healthy, he sure walked around like he was someone.  Not like Deion Sanders but a few steps below it.  That guy thought he was special, it was weird.  I can't really describe it, but you know the type of guy you see in the club who thinks everyone came out that night to see him and he's got some nice clothes, meanwhile he drove up and parked around the corner in an old ass Honda Civic?  That was Dunny.  

And now he'll play in 16 games and lead the league in interceptions in Seattle.  

Oh he'll be talked about as a top 5 CB in the NFL now. The trade works out perfectly for Dunbar and Seattle. 

There has to be more to this....what was the rush to trade him? He could've been packaged in a draft day trade to move up or moved later once camps started? 

There must be a free agent we're about to sign to take his place....we can only hope.

12 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yep, great trade for both. I am rooting against that guy getting a big contract, he ****ed the team over by acting like a child on social media. 

You can’t trade a guy right before the draft, especially not because he’s having a tantrum ... ultimate sell low scenario, just too much emotion in a business decision. 

Dunbar was a really good player when on the field. So was Reed and so was CT for that matter and we know how much they helped over the past few years. I have no problems with the trade when you account for missed games in the equation. To suddenly declare he will play 16 games next year is silly because he just hasn't demonstrated durability in his career. That coupled with his attitude problem makes the trade even more digestible.

Archived