Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

joeken24

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

jets cutting CB Johnson to get out of the awful deal the gave him.

maybe they would take Dunbar as well as Trent off our hands.

Trumaine was the benefactor of that stout Rams front 7 from years back. Can’t believe he was making 14 a year.

Looks like Dunny is going to keep his head down and do his best to cash in on free agency with the new CBA. It's a win/win imo, we get a top 5 corner (according to PFF) at well below market value and as long as he avoids a catastrophic injury, he'll get top dollar elsewhere and generate a comp pick for us in the process.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, Mooka said:

Weight room and lifting is a little old school in 2020.

I hear from many former skill position players that lifting/gym was a complete waste of time and easy to injure yourself.

HAHAHAH WHAT??????? 

On 2/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who cares? He’s run to the media 3 times.  He clearly doesn’t want to be here. I don’t care how good he is.  The team needs to send a message this is not how things are going to work. THIS is where you set the tome and culture. 

Trade him to wherever you get the best return. 

Enough of this nonsense.

Well  said!!

7 hours ago, redrobert said:

Seems like a lot of hate on Dunbar. Kid is a solid corner. I’ve always been a fan of keeping the players we Draft and develop if they are worth it. Just sayin...

The hate wasn't on Dunnys play, it was on his wishy-washy stance. The thread was started bc he said he wanted a trade, which he retracted and the hate went away. Then he retracted his retraction which brought back the concern. Now that he's retracting the retraction of his retraction we are all confused.

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

The hate wasn't on Dunnys play, it was on his wishy-washy stance. The thread was started bc he said he wanted a trade, which he retracted and the hate went away. Then he retracted his retraction which brought back the concern. Now that he's retracting the retraction of his retraction we are all confused.

I agree with this sentiment. I also am starting to worry about Dunbar devolving into an AB situation, where we start to question the player's mental health. He seems to be getting wrapped up in drama when that has never been an issue. His comments are all over the place and even though most of us agree that he deserves a pay raise, we can't seem to get a straight answer from him about what he wants. Apparently, he is following the Trent Williams line of douchebaggery.

Dunbar coming back in line based upon the tweet. I mean between Rivera leading the way and other coaches and a revamped defense with Del Rio, and hopefully Chase Young, yeah put your money where your mouth is Dunbar and play.  He will be part of the team no doubt. If he balls out he will get his contract won't he?

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can somebody translate this? I have no idea what he’s saying or to who...

I'm going to totally speculate that Dunbar made his trade request bc he felt it was unfair Norman was getting his salary and Dunbar was getting a fraction of that.  Maybe resented Norman for it.  I have nothing to base this on, just a total guess.  

58 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm going to totally speculate that Dunbar made his trade request bc he felt it was unfair Norman was getting his salary and Dunbar was getting a fraction of that.  Maybe resented Norman for it.  I have nothing to base this on, just a total guess.  

Right, I get that but then the Skins turned around and released Norman right after that.  And yeah he signed a new deal, but it is 1 year non-guaranteed.  

So I’m not entirely sure what Dunny’s beef is anymore about Norman since he’s gone.  

I get him wanting a new contract and I get him feeling Norman was stealing money, but so did Ron and Kyle so they sent Josh packing. 

I just don’t get the timing I guess.  But I’m a GenX guy.  Maybe I just don’t get this newfangled stuff....

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Right, I get that but then the Skins turned around and released Norman right after that.  And yeah he signed a new deal, but it is 1 year non-guaranteed.  

So I’m not entirely sure what Dunny’s beef is anymore about Norman since he’s gone.  

I get him wanting a new contract and I get him feeling Norman was stealing money, but so did Ron and Kyle so they sent Josh packing. 

I just don’t get the timing I guess.  But I’m a GenX guy.  Maybe I just don’t get this newfangled stuff....

I'm assuming matheiu was trying to give insight into dunbars mindset at the beginning of the offseason.  Whether he heard anything or was just speculating, I don't think its based off anything recent.  Who knows.  

Looking forward to the Trent and Dunbar situations being resolved.  Drama free in 2020 (wishful thinking).

• 2 weeks later...

Dunbar, according to reports, grades out as the #2 overall corner in the entire NFL for 2019. No wonder he wants to be paid. This should be interesting what we ask for for him....I think Riverboat Ron really wants to get a 2nd round pick come hell or high water and now we're willing to move on from the #2 corner in the league who's still young? 

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Dunbar, according to reports, grades out as the #2 overall corner in the entire NFL for 2019. No wonder he wants to be paid. This should be interesting what we ask for for him....I think Riverboat Ron really wants to get a 2nd round pick come hell or high water and now we're willing to move on from the #2 corner in the league who's still young? 

Personally, I think Rivera is making a mistake..

I'd pay Dunbar. 🤷‍♂️

**** Dunbar. You don’t handle business in the media. I’m all in for RR way of handing this. 

trust me we will be better off without him and Trent. The drama isn’t worth the production or lack there of that we’ve been getting from them. 3-13 = anybody can go. 

Hail

Archived