Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!


Recommended Posts

On 2/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, KDawg said:

 

I hear parents talking about their kids sports teams like that all the time. "We have to beat this team". I hear it everywhere.

 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

My dad told me he watched a comedy special with Amy Schumer where she goes off about this. He said it was funny as hell even if he didnt agree with her : )

 

"You arent part of the team!!!"

I remember in psych 101 back in the day the professor talked about how people would describe positive things with "we", like "we won", or "we are going to be awesome this year".  But for negative things, people will say "they", like "they lost" or "they are going to be awful this year".  It wasn't rocket science or anything, but I remember admitting I never thought of that or noticed it before, and in the last 20 years, have noticed it's so true.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KDawg said:

He was the best corner on a bad defense that statistically got worse after Norman was benched. 
 

He’s good. But if he doesn’t want to be here, he has zero value to the franchise other than as an asset. 
 

Im good sending him to the Vikings for Diggs, too.

Diggs for Dunbar, OK, no problem, but only after we see who we get in free agency. Dunbar with a solid pass rush will be even better. Plus, he's a taller corner which supposedly is what JDR likes. If we strike out on corners in free agency then Dunbar becomes a must to keep. When you have a good corner you don't just throw him away just because he ****es about money, they're too hard to find. I guess I just value Dunbar more than you do and that's ok. 

I remember Champ Bailey for Portis and that's a trade that Denver probably made out better. Dunbar isn't Champ but he isn't a chump either. I think he's only gonna get better too....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Diggs for Dunbar, OK, no problem, but only after we see who we get in free agency. Dunbar with a solid pass rush will be even better. 

Who cares? He’s run to the media 3 times.  He clearly doesn’t want to be here. I don’t care how good he is.  The team needs to send a message this is not how things are going to work. THIS is where you set the tome and culture. 

 

Trade him to wherever you get the best return. 
 

Enough of this nonsense.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs’ 2020 salary guarantees on 20th March, and the Vikings will struggle to restructure his contract due to the lack of a new CBA. I think they would compromise the 30% rule by converting that to bonus for example to lower his cap hit.

 

My guess, slim chance they may even release him.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If he doesn’t want to be here, he’s just going to be a malcontent all season and his play will probably be subpar.

I would bet he wants to be here but he wants to be paid what he and his agent thinks he's worth. This happens on every team. It's a business as you all know and the players have to look out for themselves...Trent didnt want to be here either and now it looks like he will. We should at least sit down with him and see what he wants before just dumping him...going to the media is not a good look but it seems he's being snubbed by mgmnt....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine he would hold out in that event and come back only when he has to to get the full year of eligibility. Then he can hit free agency the following year. I doubt he plays all year without guarantees especially with his injury history. Hopefully he’s pulled into a negotiation and they can get it straight. Or they put a muzzle on him. Whichever comes first 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll probably wait to see what the market is for a FA CB (like Bradberry) before they move on Dunbar. The problem for Dunbar is that he's still under contract and he's probably as good as most of FA out there this year. He's kind of missing his time. He's trying to become a FA in order to take advantage of the salary cap increase as well as a combat against a possible stoppage that could occur after this season. I totally get Dunbar’s predicament. Personally I am in no way tripping about the football side. This whole thing about being a malcontent serves him no purpose other than not getting paid the next go around.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, joeken24 said:

They'll probably wait to see what the market is for a FA CB (like Bradberry) before they move on Dunbar.

If so, that's the wrong move.


The right move is that the Siberian Sabertooths have an opening for a mouthy, complaining CB, and you can go live in Siberia and count trees.  They will give us a 3rd round pick, so get gone.  We'll send you your stuff, no need to swing by to pick it up.  It will arrive in a few weeks.  We're shipping it by boat and then dog sled.  

 

Message sent: DO NOT NEGOTIATE THROUGH THE MEDIA.  That is not how we do things here.  Maybe under Bruce/Jay it would have worked.  Dunny was one of Jay's guys, so maybe he felt somewhat empowered to push his chips into the middle of the table.  Bad move.  

 

For those wanting to compare Dunny to Trent, Trent is different.  He was negotiating through the media with Bruce, and he really had no intention of playing here again, so he just wanted out, period.  So, there was no downside for him going to the media, because he kindof wanted a nuclear bomb and to be traded or released. Since Ron has been on board, you haven't heard a peep from Trent at all, and apparently he and the team are trying to work things out.

 

Dunny did the opposite.  He came out in early February and said "I want more money, trade or release me. I'm sitting out of OTAs."  Then there was a lot of push-back, and he tried to walk it back.  Then he got frustrated again, and said the same thing again the next week. Bad move.  You probably can be forgiven once.  Not twice.  

 

That means you're done. Thank you for your service and go away.  Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.  We don't need that on our team, so we'll find a way to make it work without you.

 

If they're waiting to see what happens before making a move, that by itself sends the wrong message.  You have to send a strong message: if you want to be here, be here.  If not, go away.  If you have a problem, keep it internal.  If you don't, go away. 

 

Gibbs said to his players, if you don't want to be here and buy in, tell me, and I'll help you not be here.  Which is why Coles was moved after catching 90 balls in 2004.  Ron has said the same thing.  If you don't buy in, fine, I will help you not be here.  

 

I doubt they are going to negotiate with Dunny with a gun to their heads.  I don't think they want him around if he's going to sulk and pout to the media every 2 weeks.  

 

I imagine one of the big topics this week in Indy is going to be discussions with other team officials on trades.  The NFL Combine is basically the biggest full-team front-office and agent get-together of the entire year.  EVERYBODY is there.  I'd be willing to put money that sometime shortly after the combine we will hear news on Dunny and Trent.  Dunny gone, Trent back is my bet. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If so, that's the wrong move.


The right move is that the Siberian Sabertooths have an opening for a mouthy, complaining CB, and you can go live in Siberia and count trees.  They will give us a 3rd round pick, so get gone.  We'll send you your stuff, no need to swing by to pick it up.  It will arrive in a few weeks.  We're shipping it by boat and then dog sled.  

 

Message sent: DO NOT NEGOTIATE THROUGH THE MEDIA.  That is not how we do things here.  Maybe under Bruce/Jay it would have worked.  Dunny was one of Jay's guys, so maybe he felt somewhat empowered to push his chips into the middle of the table.  Bad move.  

 

For those wanting to compare Dunny to Trent, Trent is different.  He was negotiating through the media with Bruce, and he really had no intention of playing here again, so he just wanted out, period.  So, there was no downside for him going to the media, because he kindof wanted a nuclear bomb and to be traded or released. Since Ron has been on board, you haven't heard a peep from Trent at all, and apparently he and the team are trying to work things out.

 

Dunny did the opposite.  He came out in early February and said "I want more money, trade or release me. I'm sitting out of OTAs."  Then there was a lot of push-back, and he tried to walk it back.  Then he got frustrated again, and said the same thing again the next week. Bad move.  You probably can be forgiven once.  Not twice.  

 

That means you're done. Thank you for your service and go away.  Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.  We don't need that on our team, so we'll find a way to make it work without you.

 

If they're waiting to see what happens before making a move, that by itself sends the wrong message.  You have to send a strong message: if you want to be here, be here.  If not, go away.  If you have a problem, keep it internal.  If you don't, go away. 

 

Gibbs said to his players, if you don't want to be here and buy in, tell me, and I'll help you not be here.  Which is why Coles was moved after catching 90 balls in 2004.  Ron has said the same thing.  If you don't buy in, fine, I will help you not be here.  

 

I doubt they are going to negotiate with Dunny with a gun to their heads.  I don't think they want him around if he's going to sulk and pout to the media every 2 weeks.  

 

I imagine one of the big topics this week in Indy is going to be discussions with other team officials on trades.  The NFL Combine is basically the biggest full-team front-office and agent get-together of the entire year.  EVERYBODY is there.  I'd be willing to put money that sometime shortly after the combine we will hear news on Dunny and Trent.  Dunny gone, Trent back is my bet. 

Yea. I think that's a short sided view. But I get it. New regime, everything clean. But to me, you send the wrong message by sending a player away because he hurt your liwal feelins' in the media. Every organization has to be able to negotiate deals and to heal the players that had to go through all this **** for the past several years under Bruce rat **** ass. If the message is that there is a new sheriff in town so all the inmates stfu, that's a bad message. Particularly when you're talking about a man's pockets. I don't think you release a guy because he opened his mouth about wanting to be paid. Now if Dunny was not deemed a core guy, so be it. But buy in goes both ways. I'm sure Rivera recognizes that. Particularly since he's played the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Yea. I think that's a short sided view. But I get it. New regime, everything clean. But to me, you send the wrong message by sending a player away because he hurt your liwal feelins' in the media. Every organization has to be able to negotiate deals and to heal the players that had to go through all this **** for the past several years under Bruce rat **** ass. If the message is that there is a new sheriff in town so all the inmates stfu, that's a bad message. Particularly when you're talking about a man's pockets. I don't think you release a guy because he opened his mouth about wanting to be paid. Now if Dunny was not deemed a core guy, so be it. But buy in goes both ways. I'm sure Rivera recognizes that. Particularly since he's played the game. 

I disagree entirely.  First of all, Dunny's good but not great.  Second, if he complains once, that's fine, it's forgivable.  You reach out, talk to him, figure it out.  He does it twice, goodbye.

 

Remember when Belichick sat his best DB in the superbowl for breaking a team rule?  He felt following the rules and the "patriot way" was more important than his best DB playing in the SB.  And he even put the guy out there for 1 ST play to make damn sure everybody knew it was disciplinary and not health related.  And when it became apparent they really could use him because Nick freaking Foles was carving them up, he STILL didn't put him in.  You could say this is just pig headedness, and he made the wrong decision because they lost the SB.  Or you could say Bill knows what he's doing, and preserving the rules and the culture is one of the reasons he's coached in 9 SBs and won 6 of them. Tom Brady is the other reason.  :) 

 

You just CAN'T have this stuff.  This is precisely the problem you need to solve. Deal with it internally.  If you're really unhappy, then make that known internally.  There is no reason to involve the media in this AT ALL.  Again, one time is forgivable.  The second time is not.  If you just don't want to be here, I'm pretty sure if you go quietly to Ron or Rob or Kyle, they'll help you get out of it.  The second you start making things known publicly, you cause a problem. We have enough problems.  We don't need more problems. 

 

 

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

The bottom line... who the **** is Dunbar? He's a starting corner on a 3-13 team that had one of the worst pass D's in the entire league. No one is that valuable.

And he's missed something like close to half the games the last 2 years?  He doesn't have this leverage.

 

If it was Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, sure. They have the leverage.  They shouldn't do it.  But they could.  

 

Dunny?  I'd trade him to Jax so he could be with his buddy Jay.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree entirely.  First of all, Dunny's good but not great.  Second, if he complains once, that's fine, it's forgivable.  You reach out, talk to him, figure it out.  He does it twice, goodbye.

 

Remember when Belichick sat his best DB in the superbowl for breaking a team rule?  He felt following the rules and the "patriot way" was more important than his best DB playing in the SB.  And he even put the guy out there for 1 ST play to make damn sure everybody knew it was disciplinary and not health related.  And when it became apparent they really could use him because Nick freaking Foles was carving them up, he STILL didn't put him in.  You could say this is just pig headedness, and he made the wrong decision because they lost the SB.  Or you could say Bill knows what he's doing, and preserving the rules and the culture is one of the reasons he's coached in 9 SBs and won 6 of them. Tom Brady is the other reason.  :) 

 

You just CAN'T have this stuff.  This is precisely the problem you need to solve. Deal with it internally.  If you're really unhappy, then make that known internally.  There is no reason to involve the media in this AT ALL.  Again, one time is forgivable.  The second time is not.  If you just don't want to be here, I'm pretty sure if you go quietly to Ron or Rob or Kyle, they'll help you get out of it.  The second you start making things known publicly, you cause a problem. We have enough problems.  We don't need more problems. 

 

 

And he's missed something like close to half the games the last 2 years?  He doesn't have this leverage.

 

If it was Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, sure. They have the leverage.  They shouldn't do it.  But they could.  

 

Dunny?  I'd trade him to Jax so he could be with his buddy Jay.  

I'm of the mindset that if you want to change the culture you need to manage the players. Its not something that happens overnight and you don't blow up the team to prove some Francis point. You can be hard but not a hard-ass and get things done. Not to mention the last time I checked, Dunny said to Doc Walker that he never said he wanted to be released. He wanted to know where he stood. All the other news is from some source close to the situation. I do believe in the end, Ron Rivera will manage it. If that means Dunny gets the boot, he'll be in a bad spot because Ron is well respected around the league. But I'm not going to just assume ****, and release Dunny all willy nilly off some speculative off season news source. I'll be honest, I haven't been following the news. Did Dunny tweet something out? Was he on a radio interview?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Dun for Dig would be amazing. I'd throw in a mid-round pick also.

I'll pass. Why jettison

one problem player for somebody else's and give up a draft pick?  I don't get why some fans want to give away draft picks now that we are drafting better and hitting on late rounds picks?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Santana_89 said:

I'll pass. Why jettison

one problem player for somebody else's and give up a draft pick?  I don't get why some fans want to give away draft picks now that we are drafting better and hitting on late rounds picks?

 

Because Diggs is a legitimate superstar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

 

Because Diggs is a legitimate superstar.

With baggage.  If he's unhappy he lets the team know and the media.  Think how angry Diggs would be playing for a 5-11 team. 

 

He's also talented.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 9:47 AM, Tedskins 21 said:

 

Because Diggs is a legitimate superstar.

 

So is Antonio Brown and I don't want him either. Not that I doubt for one second that Ron can't handle Diggs, we are not a receiver away from Superbowl contention. This team has far more pressing needs like TE, CB, and S. With Trent's and Dunny's I want a new deal or trade me demands you are looking at more holes. Diggs is a luxury we can not afford or need currently.

 JMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Santana_89 said:

 

 we are not a *insert name, player or position* away from Superbowl contention

 This is the single most annoying and foolish comment that can be made as far as a reason not to sign someone.

 

- when is the last time you saw a team and said I bet they are *one whatever* away from a SB, then team went got that *whatever* and went to the SB the following year?

- The SB is the goal every year. What if we were 11-5 and lost the championship game by a dropped TD? You don't know.

 

You stack talent. As much as you can, all over the place, any place you can. When it all goes right, you win more, but that never happens without the talent.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

 This is the single most annoying and foolish comment that can be made as far as a reason not to sign someone.

 

- when is the last time you saw a team and said I bet they are *one whatever* away from a SB, then team went got that *whatever* and went to the SB the following year?

- The SB is the goal every year. What if we were 11-5 and lost the championship game by a dropped TD? You don't know.

 

You stack talent. As much as you can, all over the place, any place you can. When it all goes right, you win more, but that never happens without the talent.

Well then you were "one Reciever" away from a from a Superbowl win :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Yea even though Diggs is a local guy, I’m not for having him here.

Diggs is good but he's too expensive and we have a #1 in Terry Mac. Lets bring in a compliment to T-Mac rather than someone who's gonna **** every time he doesn't get his touches. We have the makings of a nice WR corp, no need to rock the boat with an overpaid diva. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Diggs is good but he's too expensive and we have a #1 in Terry Mac. Lets bring in a compliment to T-Mac rather than someone who's gonna **** every time he doesn't get his touches. We have the makings of a nice WR corp, no need to rock the boat with an overpaid diva. 

That's the thing: He's not that expensive as far as top receivers go....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That's the thing: He's not that expensive as far as top receivers go....

 

And he doesn't care if he's the 2. He cared when the ball wasn't even going his way. And Diggs would actually help Terry. And Harmon. And Sims. And Hentges (my TE, damnit!)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...