Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ooooweee Dunbar wants to be traded!

6 hours ago, arftech said:

"we"?

I’m a skins fan. I assume most on this board are. I feel the pain of a loss and thrill of a win probably more than the players do. When I say we I consider myself part of the team cause I’ve put in the decades of blood sweat and tears to be part of something. Whether it’s hard at times or not. So...yeah we. Lol

• Like 7
6 hours ago, arftech said:

"we"?

Yes. We are a part of the franchise. We do not work for the franchise (well... that we know of... though when I do ES coverage I guess that's working for the team? But it's not paid. I should probably lie and tell you guys it is, though.). We do not play for the franchise. But we are invested in the franchise.

That makes it "we".

I hear parents talking about their kids sports teams like that all the time. "We have to beat this team". I hear it everywhere.

I've never understood why this is such a trigger for people :ols:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yes. We are a part of the franchise. We do not work for the franchise (well... that we know of... though when I do ES coverage I guess that's working for the team? But it's not paid. I should probably lie and tell you guys it is, though.). We do not play for the franchise. But we are invested in the franchise.

That makes it "we".

I hear parents talking about their kids sports teams like that all the time. "We have to beat this team". I hear it everywhere.

I believe RR should talk with Dunbar's agent and at least see if we can get something done. He grades out as one of the top corners in the NFL for 2019....

If the Skins can reasonably extend Dunbar that would be a key piece to cross off of the needs list.....I hope RR has a plan to talk with him and his agent. This kid is one of our home grown players and we need to reward him for working hard and producing. He outplayed Norman and everyone else on the roster. This is a problem every team deals with and the players/agents too. Let's talk with them.

• Like 1

What does Dunny want? If he's asking for high end CB1 money then it makes total sense why the team told him to beat it.

As Skins fans we know he has trouble staying on the field and that's kept him from being able to establish himself as a consistent force but his agent may not care.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What does Dunny want? If he's asking for high end CB1 money then it makes total sense why the team told him to beat it.

Not sure if this is just speculation from Cooley, but if he's asking for $14mm, he can bounce.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

believe RR should talk with Dunbar's agent and at least see if we can get something done. 

I believe Ron should Not talk to agents.  That’s Rob Rodgers job.  And Rob should call Dunny’s agent and tell him they’re trading him to Siberia.  

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not sure if this is just speculation from Cooley, but if he's asking for $14mm, he can bounce.

I think this quote from his spot on Sheehan’s podcast.  He was just saying Dunny wasn’t in the top category of CBs and he wouldn’t pay him top CB money.  I don’t think he ever said he knew what Dunny was asking for 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I believe Ron should Not talk to agents.  That’s Rob Rodgers job.  And Rob should call Dunny’s agent and tell him they’re trading him to Siberia.  

OK, well then Rodgers should. I wasn't sure who's doing what with this new regime. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

You won't get a second for him, but Dunbar and a 5th or even a 4th for OJ Howard i'm on board. 

I'd also give Dunbar 7 - 8 per season but he's starting to show his true colors as a diva.

Not sure why I'd give up a decent pick and Dunbar for Howard. Dunbar for Howard seems like a reasonable deal by itself

14 hours ago, Jericho said:

Not sure why I'd give up a decent pick and Dunbar for Howard. Dunbar for Howard seems like a reasonable deal by itself

I believe Tampa would have to sweeten the offer for Dunbar. Howard doesn't have the value that Dunbar has imo.....

• Like 1

😐

18 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:
18 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wow, but I'm not surprised, the players are looking at these PFF rankings each week and tweeting about them, he probably believes he's one of the best CB's in the league.  Maybe he is but its hard to tell when he's in and out all the time.

Edited by JSSkinz
48 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I believe Tampa would have to sweeten the offer for Dunbar. Howard doesn't have the value that Dunbar has imo.....

Dunbar has little value to the Redskins if he doesn’t want to play here. A straight trade for Howard is fine, in my opinion. 

Of course, you still try to get them to sweeten the pot. But if they don’t you take OJ Howard and run.

• Like 2

To be fair I think Dunbar is a very good corner.

Now does the new coaching staff really want to make him THE cb that gets paid? Probably only one nice cb contract on the roster, based on Rivera’s history, at best. 

So, you can join the dots and find a FA crop on our radar. Dunbar likely knows the writing is on the wall.

He’d be great for us on his one year 4mil deal. Not so for him.

I think his realistic value is a 3rd rounder. But the team that gets him then has to give him a 4 year 50mil deal. Don’t see it. 

We need to stare him out.

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dunbar has little value to the Redskins if he doesn’t want to play here. A straight trade for Howard is fine, in my opinion. 

Of course, you still try to get them to sweeten the pot. But if they don’t you take OJ Howard and run.

OJ Howard has been a bust thus far in his career while Dunbar has been the best corner on his team and graded out as one of the better ones in the league. I would never give up a solid corner for a TE who's coach had little confidence in him in Tampa. There's a reason Tampa wants to move on from OJ Howard and it's not over money. If Dunbar's agent prices him out of our range then sure, move him, but not for OJ Howard straight up. We need to figure out how to keep Dunbar if at all possible and make him a part of this improved defense this season.

• Thanks 1

He was the best corner on a bad defense that statistically got worse after Norman was benched. 

He’s good. But if he doesn’t want to be here, he has zero value to the franchise other than as an asset. 

Im good sending him to the Vikings for Diggs, too.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, KDawg said:

My dad told me he watched a comedy special with Amy Schumer where she goes off about this. He said it was funny as hell even if he didnt agree with her : )

"You arent part of the team!!!"

Edited by Renegade7
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

My dad told me he watched a comedy special with Amy Schumer where she goes off about this. He said it was funny as hell even if he didnt agree with her : )

"You arent part of the team!!!"

Oh I love a good comedy rant. But those are jokes, so I’m with your Pops! You don’t need to agree with someone for you to find them funny!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

He was the best corner on a bad defense that statistically got worse after Norman was benched. 

He’s good. But if he doesn’t want to be here, he has zero value to the franchise other than as an asset. 

Im good sending him to the Vikings for Diggs, too.

For diggs? Working so don’t have time to go back n look. Is that a legit rumor??