Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

So basically you are mad because you didn't do what you were supposed to do last year.

Got it. 

I'm using a whole different system than H&R block and I don't have an H&R account so I can't even access last year's tax return

I am only at fault for not submitting this earlier when he wasn't on vacation, but if I did I wouldn't have caught the error of the HSA or IRA contributions which needed to be reported. It's as I said, entering data from the W2 is straightforward. It's the contributions and exceptions that **** you up. Wasted so much of my time calling help desks trying to get that information.

I will say the biggest advantage for me doing my own taxes is for me to manually fill in the exceptions, because I got a lot of exceptions for IRA and HSA stuff. Normally people just skip over that so taxes are supposed to be trouble free, right. No, I got a **** ton of exceptions and 2 jobs, NOT ONE, to report

23 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

No I don't. I told you the guy who managed them for me told me to piss off and do them myself. Fine, I did them myself and had to make some calls to make sure I got the IRA contributions and HSA bull**** down, but then they wanted adjusted gross income to e-file online. Well, the guy who handles that is ON VACATION RIGHT NOW. I tried contacting him repeatedly for this information but am not getting a reply, so I have to put on pants after work today, go print my w2 out to go with my tax return, proofread that **** to make sure I'm not missing anything, and then mail it by Monday COB.

****ing dumb.

Yes, I checked my email, I didn't get ****. All I got is "Your H&R Tax return for 2022 is complete!" Well that's real helpful. No link to the return at all, just an email.

****ing hate this ****.

My favorite part of this rant is that you have to “put on pants after work”.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

No I don't. I told you the guy who managed them for me told me to piss off and do them myself. Fine, I did them myself and had to make some calls to make sure I got the IRA contributions and HSA bull**** down, but then they wanted adjusted gross income to e-file online. Well, the guy who handles that is ON VACATION RIGHT NOW. I tried contacting him repeatedly for this information but am not getting a reply, so I have to put on pants after work today, go print my w2 out to go with my tax return, proofread that **** to make sure I'm not missing anything, and then mail it by Monday COB.

****ing dumb.

Yes, I checked my email, I didn't get ****. All I got is "Your H&R Tax return for 2022 is complete!" Well that's real helpful. No link to the return at all, just an email.

****ing hate this ****.

Maybe not wait 3 days before the tax filing deadline to do your ****ing taxes?

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They were set up and ready to go earlier this week 

It's all good I got the w2 printed out 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Fwiw, mine are done but I'm waiting til Monday to actually file since we owe a substantial amount. **** the IRS withholdings table. 😁 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Wednesday afternoon, I pick Spiff Jr. up from daycare and we stop at the grocery store to get a couple things for dinner.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thursday, I go to run a couple errands in the afternoon and my wallet is gone.  Like, missing.  It's usually in one of three places...bedside table, my desk or in the truck.  It's in none of those places.  It's not in the shorts I wore the day before.  It's gone.  Turned the house inside out looking for it.  Small chance that I dropped it in the parking lot at the grocery store.  Called the grocery store, no one had turned it in.

But there's a bigger chance that Spiff Jr, now a little over two years old, is the culprit.  He's been known to grab stuff off my bedside table and march around the house with it as if it were his, like my watch and my wallet and sunglasses and cellphone.  And two weeks ago I caught him dropping my wallet into a tote bag that was hanging on the back of a door in the laundry room.  Had I not seen him doing that, I'd have probably lost it two weeks ago.

So my wife, who I love to death but also sometimes nags because she's a woman and can't help herself couldn't help herself when she said "WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?!" as I was taking our couch apart.  To which I replied that I didn't need a ****ing lesson at the moment.

Yesterday, it still wasn't found.  Went to the DMV, got a replacement license and new credit cards have been ordered.  

This morning, it's a relatively lazy morning, we got up and did some chores around the house.  We've got a friend coming over for lunch and she wanted to go to the grocery store to get a few things and I said I'd go with her.

And she can't find her wallet.  Her wallet is gone.  Not in one of her bags, nowhere in any usual spot she keeps it.

I couldn't help myself.  "WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?"

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wednesday afternoon, I pick Spiff Jr. up from daycare and we stop at the grocery store to get a couple things for dinner.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thursday, I go to run a couple errands in the afternoon and my wallet is gone.  Like, missing.  It's usually in one of three places...bedside table, my desk or in the truck.  It's in none of those places.  It's not in the shorts I wore the day before.  It's gone.  Turned the house inside out looking for it.  Small chance that I dropped it in the parking lot at the grocery store.  Called the grocery store, no one had turned it in.

But there's a bigger chance that Spiff Jr, now a little over two years old, is the culprit.  He's been known to grab stuff off my bedside table and march around the house with it as if it were his, like my watch and my wallet and sunglasses and cellphone.  And two weeks ago I caught him dropping my wallet into a tote bag that was hanging on the back of a door in the laundry room.  Had I not seen him doing that, I'd have probably lost it two weeks ago.

So my wife, who I love to death but also sometimes nags because she's a woman and can't help herself couldn't help herself when she said "WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?!" as I was taking our couch apart.  To which I replied that I didn't need a ****ing lesson at the moment.

Yesterday, it still wasn't found.  Went to the DMV, got a replacement license and new credit cards have been ordered.  

This morning, it's a relatively lazy morning, we got up and did some chores around the house.  We've got a friend coming over for lunch and she wanted to go to the grocery store to get a few things and I said I'd go with her.

And she can't find her wallet.  Her wallet is gone.  Not in one of her bags, nowhere in any usual spot she keeps it.

When my daughter was the same age I had a similar thing happen. It was summer break, so it was just she and I in the house. Read her a story in the morning, got a few things done, and then we were supposed to go to the grocery and then go to story time at the library. 

Can't find my wallet anywhere. Turn the house upside down, basically sidetrack the whole day. Call my wife, who is at work, make sure that she didn't accidentally take it with her or something, ask if she remembers seeing it. 

My wife gets home and I'm venting, and my daughter finally says, "Your wallet is in my room under my covers, it fell out when you were reading me a story."

KID WHY ARE YOU JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW? YOU WATCHED ME SPEND ALL DAY LOOKING FOR IT!

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We could use a young hustler like this around the Mazda store.  DM sent.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

When my daughter was the same age I had a similar thing happen. It was summer break, so it was just she and I in the house. Read her a story in the morning, got a few things done, and then we were supposed to go to the grocery and then go to story time at the library. 

Can't find my wallet anywhere. Turn the house upside down, basically sidetrack the whole day. Call my wife, who is at work, make sure that she didn't accidentally take it with her or something, ask if she remembers seeing it. 

My wife gets home and I'm venting, and my daughter finally says, "Your wallet is in my room under my covers, it fell out when you were reading me a story."

KID WHY ARE YOU JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW? YOU WATCHED ME SPEND ALL DAY LOOKING FOR IT!

Yep, totally sidetracked all of Thursday afternoon. It's amazing how something like that will totally hijack your day and other parts of the week.

And he can talk a little but he can't talk that well.  So I've asked a few times where he's put it and he points to one of the few areas we've searched up and down.  He goes "I packed it!" like he has an idea where it is but really has no idea what he did with it.

Anyway, my wife just found hers, turns out she outsmarted herself and hid it somewhere outside of his grasp for that very reason.  Mine's still missing.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep, totally sidetracked all of Thursday afternoon. It's amazing how something like that will totally hijack your day and other parts of the week.

And he can talk a little but he can't talk that well.  So I've asked a few times where he's put it and he points to one of the few areas we've searched up and down.  He goes "I packed it!" like he has an idea where it is but really has no idea what he did with it.

Anyway, my wife just found hers, turns out she outsmarted herself and hid it somewhere outside of his grasp for that very reason.  Mine's still missing.

Check the fridge in case you got really drunk and tossed it in there hoping to wake up to some cold hard cash…not that I’ve ever done that.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You guys need to invest in a Tile. 

https://www.tile.com/products/tile-slim

Hit 2 buttons on your phone and it will tell you where your wallet on a map and your wallet will emit a high pitched beep. 

Great for keys too. 

I got this for my Wife a while ago, worth it.

Doesn't stop my oldest from slowly becoming a master pickpocket. 

She's smooth enough now you can barely feel stuff come out your pocket so I don't even lay down with my phone anymore. 

*Sigh, it's time to stop her stop her from doing that, not jus no like its still cute, she's too good at it now.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

I got one of those leather fold over phone cases and put all my IDs and credit cards in that. All the extra crap like 3rd or 4th credit cards and most of my cash I just leave at home in a wallet where I know where I put it just in case.

Haven't lost anything in a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1