Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Yesterday morning I was sitting in my office looking at last year’s yearbook. We had a crossing guard named Donnie who had to stop working a few weeks before summer vacation due to health issues. I was looking at his picture and wondering how he was doing.

Later that afternoon, we got a text that Donnie had passed away earlier in the day. Last year was my first year at the school and I had bus duty in a different location so I never got to know him but apparently he was a sweet guy. A lot of the teachers who have been around for a while were really affected.

• Sad 5

I have a lot of respect for Dolly Parton signing off of Beyonce's cover of Jolene...but it's so shockingly obvious it's not close to the heart of the original.

Dolly sang the **** out that song so bad you thought there really was someone named Jolene out there homewrecking her life in slow motion.

Beyonce sang the same song and that's about it.  Daddy Lessons is 100x then this cover, to point I wish she didn't do it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

45 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Pretty solid list, I think.

Top 25 Southern US cities

Visited most of those places. My only experience in Charleston was from 20+ years ago when we went out, flirted with a waitress, and got a bill that was a lot less than what we ordered. Thinking she was doing us a solid, we gave her an extraordinary tip which would have been a lot more than 20% of what we should have owed. But all in, we were both getting a great deal. We casually walk out, stroll down the street, and out she comes running us down…How dare you walk out on your check! 

Whoa. You gave us a check. We paid and tipped well.

Obviously, I gave you the wrong bill.

Okay, give me everything back that I paid you (these were the days of cash) and we’ll make you whole on this bill. No problem.

Observing bachelorette party intervenes. How dare you do this to this waitress!

Me: lady (she was old from my perspective at the time, but likely younger than I am now), you are drinking out of a plastic penis cup. I can’t take anything you say seriously. Back off.

That’s my Charleston review.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Presale happening nows. 😎

image.thumb.png.f3f3ed92740f324cf6b16c31b8c2b2f8.png

I'm no longer in touch with anyone who would appreciate this with me, but I'm falling all over myself trying. 

Like I said, Holy ****...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm no longer in touch with anyone who would appreciate this with me, but I'm falling all over myself trying. 

Like I said, Holy ****...

Understandable. My brother is the only other person I know who's as interested as I am. Definitely excited. Those four guys doing 80s King Crimson should be amazing. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Moving to a new school next year. Apparently being the PE teacher there is kind of like being the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. School opened in 1981. I’ll be just the third PE teacher they’ve ever had.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On 3/31/2024 at 12:32 PM, Renegade7 said:

I have a lot of respect for Dolly Parton signing off of Beyonce's cover of Jolene...but it's so shockingly obvious it's not close to the heart of the original.

Dolly sang the **** out that song so bad you thought there really was someone named Jolene out there homewrecking her life in slow motion.

Beyonce sang the same song and that's about it.  Daddy Lessons is 100x then this cover, to point I wish she didn't do it.

Best Jolene cover was by Jack white. 

• Thumb up 2