Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Screenshot_20231026-090529.thumb.png.d99767e9365f5282aa13adfeb7b2ff33.png

I appreciate his comment in theory, but in reality a woman gon flip out if you have that many TV's. "Why do you need 3 tv's. You just need one big one."

that's why.

Work meeting once a few years ago, guy starts off with "Wife told me not to buy another TV..." dramatic pause" I brought the TV" 😅

I have 4 TV's but they aren't in one room (bedroom, living room, work office, basement)

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Screenshot_20231026-090529.thumb.png.d99767e9365f5282aa13adfeb7b2ff33.png

I appreciate his comment in theory, but in reality a woman gon flip out if you have that many TV's. "Why do you need 3 tv's. You just need one big one."

that's why.

Work meeting once a few years ago, guy starts off with "Wife told me not to buy another TV..." dramatic pause" I brought the TV" 😅

I have 4 TV's but they aren't in one room (bedroom, living room, work office, basement)

I appreciate that it has the Caps game from last night featuring Hunter Shepard's NHL debut and victory.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

*sigh*

Why am I always the one that has to call people out on their bull****.

Everyone else just sits there quietly and allows it to go on. I’m always the bad guy that has to “wait wait wait. No. You’re gonna have to back that up…”

I’m telling you. One day you’re gonna be able to smack the person on the other end of a zoom call. And when that happens some people out there are gonna have a rough go of things for a while.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

*sigh*

Why am I always the one that has to call people out on their bull****.

Everyone else just sits there quietly and allows it to go on. I’m always the bad guy that has to “wait wait wait. No. You’re gonna have to back that up…”

I’m telling you. One day you’re gonna be able to smack the person on the other end of a zoom call. And when that happens some people out there are gonna have a rough go of things for a while.

Weed became legal.

@tshile

Most people don't want conflict from simply rewinding the tape and reading back what someone said in the order they said it.

Took a class offered by my job that centered around fostering an environment that encourages speaking up without fear of retribution or ridicule.

The contractor / fed dynamic is real, and there are folks that take it to far and others who frankly hide behind too much.

Those "lets stay on after" debriefs are sometimes a red flag of folks needing to say something that should've been said in the meeting instead.  The good news is there stuff out there that speaks to how address that...but it's tough when it revolves around an individual no one can get rid of.  I had a coworker like that once where no one knew what to do and the best thing that could happen was he finally went to get a new job.

I know you venting, but I see it everyday, too, so glad I'm not crazy with you bringing it up.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, ixcuincle said:

that's why.

I have 3 TVs in my man cave.  One 55" on a stand, then two 32" ones mounted at the top of the wall on each side of the 55".  It's great for watching sports.  

• Thumb up 1

Any of guys ever had to do draw something in a job interview? My cousin is in town from Chile and she saw my daughter drawing something and said “that looks like the psychology section of a job interview.” My sister and ai looked at her like she had said something insane. So she went on saying “you know the drawing you have to do, of the man in the rain?” 

ok so apparently on recent interviews over there she was asked to draw a man in the rain, and she was counseled by whoever it is that’s advising her, that she could draw him with or without an umbrella but that she must always draw him smiling. Otherwise they’d think she was a negative sort of person and be less inclined to give her a job.

for whatever reason I find this hilarious. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Any of guys ever had to do draw something in a job interview? My cousin is in town from Chile and she saw my daughter drawing something and said “that looks like the psychology section of a job interview.” My sister and ai looked at her like she had said something insane. So she went on saying “you know the drawing you have to do, of the man in the rain?” 

ok so apparently on recent interviews over there she was asked to draw a man in the rain, and she was counseled by whoever it is that’s advising her, that she could draw him with or without an umbrella but that she must always draw him smiling. Otherwise they’d think she was a negative sort of person and be less inclined to give her a job.

for whatever reason I find this hilarious. lol

The "psychology" part of the job interview is where the interviewer who doesn't have a background in psychology tries to pull some psych **** in the interview to test me and I tell them that I'm not interested in the position anymore.

Neighbors out there blowin' leaves.  I'm literally watching my magnolia leaves coming down. 

I think I'll be smart and wait until the end of the day, blow the pine straw and cones out of the bed of the truck, etc. 

Oh, and another one of the trees that the county killed to put in the sidewalk next to my house came down on my fence and bent it.

If it's not one thing, it's another.  🙄

• Sad 1

Although I want to learn Spanish first I now want to learn Italian out of spite.

My grandfather is from Italy, but when he came here he felt Americans were still racist towards Italians, calling them WOPs and stuff...

So he changed his last name to that of his step-father and refused to teach Italian to my mother to help protect her.

Goal would be conversational by time Wife and I finally go to Venice, not to show off, but the feeling of righting a generational wrong. My gut telling me them both being romantic languages will help a lot learning Spanish first and frankly im going to interact with it more first as well here in the States.

• Thumb up 1