Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

The team we lost to in the playoffs, we’d beaten the past two years. I’m my team’s captain, so their captain came over to me after the game all friendly and sportsmanshippy and said, “ah, we finally got you.”  I said “we had 8 players” and walked away. :ols:

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The dark side really just gets a bad rap.  It's fun though.  Come give it a try. 

I’m typically a very nice and good person. But man i have that voice in the back of my head that just points at people an is like “**** that guy” or “that is a stupid person who you should dismantle.”  The team captain tonight was (awkwardly) really trying to be cool, and I pretty much told him to **** off. 

I don’t feel bad per se, I just recognize that sometimes the devil on my shoulder wins. 

image.jpeg.5f1b9fa25c171e28c66fd6266f89d235.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’m typically a very nice and good person.

Why do people frequently pair being nice with being good?  I know a lot of good people that are generally not nice..hell...some are flat out unpleasant.  Just like I know a lot of useless selfish asshats that are invariably nice.

**** 'em.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Why do people frequently pair being nice with being good?  I know a lot of good people that are generally not nice..hell...some are flat out unpleasant.  Just like I know a lot of useless selfish asshats that are invariably nice.

**** 'em.

I didn’t pair nice with being good like they are the same. I said I am nice and good. Separately. 

• Thumb up 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:47 PM, Thinking Skins said:

Just as a follow up. I think this is called graph paper programming. I've been doing it with my kids the past few nights, not book related, just random images and trying to recreate them (like a smiley face or something pixel art) but the main thing is the limitation of being able to go up down left or right and doing everything before being done. So these are dune if the images I did with them. 

fourByFours.png

I'm going to follow up with this because it's really cool. I may actually post about it on my blog. This post above was a first version. I have some later versions that help at least from my point of view get some things across. 

From one point what if we had the image and wanted to tell the computer to finish it? How could we do that? That's actually what I've been doing with my boys off and on and it's been fun.

The labeling helps with the talking about which cells to go to. Before we were taking about loops which is important but might be too much for preschoolers. 

(Off comment, I've always hated coloring because I've never found a use for it, then my masters work was on coloring and now I'm teaching my kids to program using coloring)

picture-reflection-educational-game-for-kids-learn-to-complete-symmetry-worksheets-for-preschool-activities-coloring-grid-pages-visual-perception-and-pixel-art-finish-the-colorful-ice-cream-vector.jpg

20231015_084928.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

(Off comment, I've always hated coloring because I've never found a use for it, then my masters work was on coloring and now I'm teaching my kids to program using coloring)

I used to have so many unfinished assignments sitting in my desk in elementary school because you had to color them at the end for some inane reason.  (Think connect-the-dots with math problems telling you which dot to go to next)

18 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I used to have so many unfinished assignments sitting in my desk in elementary school because you had to color them at the end for some inane reason.  (Think connect-the-dots with math problems telling you which dot to go to next)

I was gonna post this same thing!  In 1st grade, we had to do the 2+2 stuff and then color the page.  I'd turn the page in uncolored and say, "Well, just give me 5 extra pages to work out.  I already know how to color." 

• Haha 1