Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Over on Breitbart and Gateway Pundit the RWNJs are seizing on the fact that Letlow died of cardiac arrest during/after a procedure related to COVID-19 to claim that he didn't actually died from COVID. Even though in the exact same article they reference, the doctor who attended him is literally quoted as saying he had no underlying conditions and his death was from COVID.

Seriously.

Sick ass people. Just really mentally ill.

We need to start teaching this in grade school:

FLICC_taxonomy_1080_CONSPIR-1024x1024.jpg.a60c994226888ebd93f2e0496a6c0da7.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Universal Orlando hits capacity just 10 minutes after opening despite Florida reporting a record high COVID-19 positivity rate of 26.29 per cent and nearly 287,000 infections this month

The Universal Orlando Resort theme park reached capacity just 10 minutes after opening on Wednesday morning at 8am despite the surge in COVID-19 cases that has been reported in Florida and nationwide.

Photographs taken from inside the theme park on Tuesday show large crowds gathered inside the resort.

The theme parks have not released figures showing the exact number of visitors, and DailyMail.com has asked Universal Orlando Resort for information on its precise capacity levels both before and after the pandemic.

Click on the link for the full article

13 hours ago, tshile said:

The cdc website wording suggests that the current thought is you’re good for 3 months after infection, beyond that it’s unclear. 

which jives with the data I have access to. Which is that when research was being conducted in this area in September, people who were infected in March/April had no antibodies left in their system. I don’t know the overall test results, I just know of a group of 5-8 people that fell into this category. 

Most studies I've seen are saying at least 3 months for some people for the Covid specific antibodies (IgM and IgG).  And importantly for most everybody the immune memory cells are lasting even longer.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/immunity-to-sars-cov-2-lasts-at-least-six-months-data-show-68179

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/12/two-studies-find-covid-19-antibodies-last-8-months

As long as you have the memory cells, you should have some protection from a re-infection.  That's a situation where you'd potentially be able to get it again, but the 2nd illness wouldn't be very severe.  Potentially.  Clearly, some people are getting again.  I haven't seen anybody address whether it was less bad the 2nd time or why/how those people got it again.

(And in terms of evolution of the virus, that's less than ideal.  If you've had it, simply saying I don't need to worry about getting it again isn't something I'd suggest, especially given the amount we have currently.  The more people that have it the more evolutionary points it has.  Minor infections of people that have some immunity offer opportunities for it to evolve to resist that immunity.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thanks 1

Operation Warp Speed at a crawl: Adequately vaccinating Americans will take 10 years at current pace

The Trump administration's Covid-19 vaccine distribution program needs a major shot in the arm because at the current rate, it would take almost 10 years to inoculate enough Americans to get the pandemic under control, a jarring new NBC News analysis showed Tuesday.

The goal of Operation Warp Speed, a private-public partnership led by Vice President Mike Pence to produce and deliver safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines to the public, is to ensure that 80 percent of the country's 330.7 million people get the shots by late June.

To meet that goal, a little more than 3 million people would have to get the shots each day, the math shows.

But so far, only about 2 million people — most of them front-line health care workers and some nursing home residents — have gotten their first shots of the 11.5 million doses that were delivered in the last two weeks, a review by NBC News of data from federal and state agencies showed.

"I don't think we're going to be able to distribute the 20 million doses that were promised" this year, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration under President Donald Trump and a Pfizer board member, said Tuesday on CNBC.

Public health inspectors targeted and doxed by GOP leader

The leader of the Parker Republicans was posting the names and home addresses of public health employees online with veiled threats of retribution for COVID-19 restrictions.

Mark Hall, lead co-chair of the Parker Republicans, began publishing the names and home addresses of public health workers Monday, adding, “Take this information and make your own decisions.”

“We will publish the names/addresses of these people with no law enforcement abilities,” Hall posted to the Facebook group. “If they want a war, we can give them that but it is time for a revolution.”

Hall outlined his intended targets while announcing the new effort on his own Facebook page.

“If you work for the state, CDPHE, Tri-County or other agencies, you are on the radar, at your homes and elsewhere," Hall wrote. "You want to be Anti-Americans, Patriots are going to show you the errors of your ways. We didn’t ask for this but you brought it on."

The group dedicated to doxing public health workers does not appear to violate any laws, according to Douglas County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Deputy Cocha Heyden.

Heyden said Sheriff Tony Spurlock, seen posing with Hall in photos online, was aware of the page. Heyden said the sheriff’s office would monitor the page and respond if anyone called to report a crime.

• Sad 3

^^You gotta be ****ing kidding me!?! The Sheriff, who posed with this **** wit, is going to monitor the website, and respond to reports? Both this asshole Hall, and the Sheriff, should be immediately thrown in prison.

You can couch your words any way you want, but the intentions are crystal clear. This **** is getting real. These people need to be outed, and stopped in their tracks. This can’t be tolerated, not one iota.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, China said:

Operation Warp Speed at a crawl: Adequately vaccinating Americans will take 10 years at current pace

The Trump administration's Covid-19 vaccine distribution program needs a major shot in the arm because at the current rate, it would take almost 10 years to inoculate enough Americans to get the pandemic under control, a jarring new NBC News analysis showed Tuesday.

The goal of Operation Warp Speed, a private-public partnership led by Vice President Mike Pence to produce and deliver safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines to the public, is to ensure that 80 percent of the country's 330.7 million people get the shots by late June.

To meet that goal, a little more than 3 million people would have to get the shots each day, the math shows.

But so far, only about 2 million people — most of them front-line health care workers and some nursing home residents — have gotten their first shots of the 11.5 million doses that were delivered in the last two weeks, a review by NBC News of data from federal and state agencies showed.

"I don't think we're going to be able to distribute the 20 million doses that were promised" this year, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration under President Donald Trump and a Pfizer board member, said Tuesday on CNBC.

mG088Kn.png

Edited by purbeast
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

Over on Breitbart and Gateway Pundit the RWNJs are seizing on the fact that Letlow died of cardiac arrest during/after a procedure related to COVID-19 to claim that he didn't actually died from COVID. Even though in the exact same article they reference, the doctor who attended him is literally quoted as saying he had no underlying conditions and his death was from COVID.

Seriously.

Sick ass people. Just really mentally ill.

Fox and Friends headline this morning: "Rep-Elect Letlow Dies From Heart Attack."

2 hours ago, just654 said:

@spjunkies That has been the rule here in MD for about 7-8 years now. Do 15 mins of CPR, no shock advised. Call it. We were transporting to many dead people. 

I try not to be a grammar nazi but using “to” instead of “too” here is funny.  Sounds like you were delivering dead people to many other dead people.

😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Fox and Friends headline this morning: "Rep-Elect Letlow Dies From Heart Attack."

Yeah it's as disingenuous as saying that nobody has directly died of HIV. They use that reasoning to claim that the actual COVID deaths are a tiny fraction of what is reported when you remove any cause of death that's not solely "COVID-19".

It's like saying a person died of the blood loss and organ damage from a gunshot, not from the gunshot itself.

And of course there are also the obligatory "He was a healthy 41 year old with no preexisting conditions...something is fishy here!! Could it have been that the deep state did a hit on him???" posts. Some of them even involve George Soros and the Clintons (seriously).

So folks, here’s how easy it is to be exposed:

The wife and I needed to go to Hilton Head to check on our home renovation, and decided to make it a long Christmas weekend thing. My youngest daughter was home from college, where she contracted the virus in November, due to one girl not taking precautions, and giving it to many in her friend group, and others, my daughter included. The only others were my older daughter and her partner, my daughter in PA school, her partner in Med school. They both are tested regularly. 

My daughter spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with her partner and her family (parents and brother) in Aiken, SC, before coming down to HHI in the afternoon. Her partner joined us on the afternoon of the following day. That evening, at dinner, her partner received a call letting her know that her uncle had tested positive. We then find out that they had a family dinner Christmas Eve with many family members in attendance, including my daughter. Her partner’s family are all stalwart gopers, of course.

So, the wife and I are home in Charlotte, enduring day 5 of quarantine. My daughter and partner got tested yesterday, and we are awaiting the results. My healthcare provider will not test us until their tests come back positive, or we begin to show symptoms. Luckily, that hasn’t happened yet.

The wife and I are disappointed, to say the least, and upset at my daughter’s partner’s family for eschewing CDC guidelines, not to mention common sense. Also, later find out that the uncle who tested positive, has daughters that are in-person schooling daily in Georgia. Had we known all this prior, no way would I have allowed the girls to come stay with us for a couple nights. 

This is how ridiculously easy it is to get exposed, because of the selfish negligence of  generally bright people. Politicizing this epidemic will be Trump’s legacy of death.

• Like 4