Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Negative on covid which is good, so even if I feel kinda of crappy I can at least be in the hospital for my sons birth.  Hopefully it clears up over the next day or so.  I want to talk to the doctors there too though like if I should keep a distance from my son when he's born because I don't want to give him anything.

The kid comes with its mother’s immunities

i realize covid is a different animal, just speaking in the general sense 

there’s been some nasty colds going around. I got it too and also wound up taking a test and was negative. 

good luck :) :cheers:

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The kid comes with its mother’s immunities

i realize covid is a different animal, just speaking in the general sense 

there’s been some nasty colds going around. I got it too and also wound up taking a test and was negative. 

good luck :) :cheers:

Yeah it's just strange because like 5-6 weeks ago I had these strange headaches that would come and go with a low grade fever too, and that lasted like over 2 weeks and I finally went to the doc and he thought it was a sinus infection.  I was put on antibiotics and after like 2 days I felt fine, and ever since then (I finished the 10 day cycle of the medicine) I have felt perfect and was back to working out and everything (with my bands, not in the gym).  But then this past weekend I started to get headaches again with low grade fever, but this one felt more "normal" like a normal bug I've had before, than the stuff I had a few weeks ago. 

I'm sure the stress of everything right now in my life isn't helping either.  New baby on the way during a pandemic and I got called back to work 4 weeks ago, and now I'm working from home.  Just a lot of change happening around these parts of town!

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/coronavirus/coronavirus-state-testing-compact/2020/08/04/8b73bed8-d66f-11ea-9c3b-dfc394c03988_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_virustesting-110pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

In the absence of a national testing strategy for the novel coronavirus pandemic, six governors have formed a first-of-its-kind purchasing compact they hope will pressure companies that make rapid-detection tests to quickly ramp up production.

The governors, three Republicans and three Democrats, say other states and cities may join them and that talks have already begun with one of the two companies approved by the FDA to sell point-of-care antigen tests that can detect the virus in less than 30 minutes.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) negotiated the deal during the final days of his tenure as chair of the National Governors Association. His office said the Rockefeller Foundation is willing to act as the financing entity if needed.

Each state — Virginia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan and Ohio, in addition to Maryland — would request 500,000 rapid tests, for a total of 3 million that could be deployed to address outbreaks.

Having access to that many rapid tests would reduce the need for states to rely on traditional testing infrastructure, which primarily involves private labs that have been beset by long delays.

“With severe shortages and delays in testing and the federal administration attempting to cut funding for testing, the states are banding together to acquire millions of faster tests to help save lives and slow the spread of COVID-19,” Hogan said in a statement. “We will be working to bring additional states, cities, and local governments on board as this initiative moves forward.”

Ridiculous that this has to happen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Larry Hogan's farts show more leadership than Trump has ever had in his entire life

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't even have a reddit account, but I got an alert with that school pic above. 😧 

And you know I took it straight to my GM, whose kids must be in school or he wouldn't have been there during the day, hasn't been for months cuz his wife is a housekeeper who has been fortunate enough to keep her clients. 

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Thanks for the congrats!

Wife and I were just talking how weird it's going to be every time we think about his birth year and how f'ed up everything was when he was actually born.

And God willing, it will just be a story you tell him when he’s a teenager.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Well baby came earlier than expected and came last night!  Can't leave the hospital until we are discharged thanks to covid! 

Congrats!

If you haven't decided on a name yet, you can use "New Washington Baby, est. 2020" for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

On 8/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, purbeast said:

Negative on covid which is good, so even if I feel kinda of crappy I can at least be in the hospital for my sons birth.  Hopefully it clears up over the next day or so.  I want to talk to the doctors there too though like if I should keep a distance from my son when he's born because I don't want to give him anything.

Wear a mask. ;)