Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Conservative work roomie and me had our first day together in about 4 months yesterday and he started with telling me that COVID is no big deal and spent the rest of it exclaiming that the only bump in numbers Maryland had was because of BLM and that PG country is all the ghetto. 

God I missed him. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Conservative work roomie and me had our first day together in about 4 months yesterday and he started with telling me that COVID is no big deal and spent the rest of it exclaiming that the only bump in numbers Maryland had was because of BLM and that PG country is all the ghetto. 

God I missed him. 

Bro. My boss. He came into work yesterday and was talking Nats baseball. His theory as to why they are underperforming is that they're focusing too much on BLM.

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

God I missed him. 

Spend some time at the range, work on your aim

😆🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Bro. My boss. He came into work yesterday and was talking Nats baseball. His theory as to why they are underperforming is that they're focusing too much on BLM.

Next time he says something reckless like that just respond "It is what it is" and see how many times you can say that before it ticks him off. Im doing the same. I will report back if I ever get results. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

God I missed him. 

I find it odd that he feels so comfortable saying this stuff to you. 

While I'm white, I'm also taken aback sometimes with what white folks say to me, as if I'm just like them when it comes to this type of stuff.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I find it odd that he feels so comfortable saying this stuff to you. 

While I'm white, I'm also taken aback sometimes with what white folks say to me, as if I'm just like them when it comes to this type of stuff.

I've mentioned this before, because I am an older white guy I hear **** that would make your eyes bleed- there is this automatic assumption of "you're one of us so we agree on this" and they are stunned, shocked and angry when I cut them off in no uncertain terms "No pal, that's NOT who I am and you're a POS for even thinking so"

And that to me is a huge thing, people of good heart, decent people HAVE TO speak out and speak back at the ****. I know that as that old white guy I CAN say **** that others wouldn't dare, and I need to. And I need to encourage others in my cohort to do the same.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I've mentioned this before, because I am an older white guy I hear **** that would make your eyes bleed- there is this automatic assumption of "you're one of us so we agree on this" and they are stunned, shocked and angry when I cut them off in no uncertain terms "No pal, that's NOT who I am and you're a POS for even thinking so"

And that to me is a huge thing, people of good heart, decent people HAVE TO speak out and speak back at the ****. I know that as that old white guy I CAN say **** that others wouldn't dare, and I need to. And I need to encourage others in my cohort to do the same.

This is truth.  Happened to me on a flight to Germany when I was stuck sitting next to a big fat white South African guy (a leg of his trip back home).  He assumed I had an interest in hearing about how the blacks ruined "his" country and he had to work in the US as a result.  When I shut him down he was fuming.  I just felt creeped out.  I see it on a less blatant basis frequently among people I've known forever but only see occasionally.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 3

Putin apparently didn't even go thru the final trials; he just rushed his countries vaccine out there.

I fully expect Trump to do the same thing.  Some Trump leaning pharmaceutical company will rush out a vaccine in October.

See, vote for me and you can have the vaccine.  Joe will delay getting any vaccine to you.  The Trumpsters will eat it up

and it's possible desperate people will too.

23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Putin apparently didn't even go thru the final trials; he just rushed his countries vaccine out there.

I fully expect Trump to do the same thing.  Some Trump leaning pharmaceutical company will rush out a vaccine in October.

See, vote for me and you can have the vaccine.  Joe will delay getting any vaccine to you.  The Trumpsters will eat it up

and it's possible desperate people will too.

And if it starts killing people will make it harder to make it mandatory (let alone anyone trust it).  In waiting for the one from Europe unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I had one of those "white" moments when in the grocery store about a month ago.  It was the day the Redskins officially changed their name.  I was wearing a Caps shirt and Nats hat and he asked me if I liked football and what I thought about it the name change.  I said I didn't care at all and am fine with it after he was ranting about how he hasn't watched the NFL since Kaepernick took a knee, then said this was the final nail in the coffin and he will not even pay attention to the NFL at all.  It was kind of awkward because I told him none of that bothered me and I can't wait for the NFL to start.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I had one of those "white" moments when in the grocery store about a month ago.  It was the day the Redskins officially changed their name.  I was wearing a Caps shirt and Nats hat and he asked me if I liked football and what I thought about it the name change.  I said I didn't care at all and am fine with it after he was ranting about how he hasn't watched the NFL since Kaepernick took a knee, then said this was the final nail in the coffin and he will not even pay attention to the NFL at all.  It was kind of awkward because I told him none of that bothered me and I can't wait for the NFL to start.  

Similar experience on Saturday.  I bought the 'Football Team' shirt from Barstool and wore it Saturday to the grocery store.  Ran into a neighbor, "man, I figured you'd be decked out in Redskins gear, protesting that stupid football team crap".  I said "well, I bought the shirt for the novelty/joke factor".  He proceeded to tell me that liberal infringing on our rights was not a laughing matter.  I proceeded to tell him that at one point I felt pretty strongly about the name, but Dan's tenure had all but beaten my care about the name out of me anyways and a fresh start is actually appealing, even if Dan still owns the team.  From there I pretended my wife was calling me.  It's just not worth it for me to tell some mid 50's white guy how dumb he is, while standing in the produce section.  Nothing I can say to him is going to change his mind.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3

A fitted N95 mask, which is used most commonly by hospital workers, was the most effective, Warren said, noting that the mask allowed “no droplets at all” to come out. Meanwhile, a breathable neck gaiter, well-liked by runners for its lightweight fabric, ranked worse than the no-mask control group. The gaiter tested by the researchers was described in the study as a “neck fleece” made out of a polyester spandex material, Warren said.

“These neck gaiters are extremely common in a lot of places because they’re very convenient to wear,” he said. “But the exact reason why they’re so convenient, which is that they don’t restrict air, is the reason why they’re not doing much of a job helping people.”

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

it’s interesting isn’t it?

i always wonder if it’s because I’ve somehow indicated that I’m like them, or if they literally just assume that because I’m white I must be like them. 

• Like 1