Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m surprised it was only nine

Out of 35 tested.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's hard to believe that one person caused our great nation's downfall. We were actually starting to make just a little bit of progress. 

One extremely vain person did this. 

It's hard to believe that one person caused our great nation's downfall. We were actually starting to make just a little bit of progress. 

One extremely vain person did this. 

No, one person didn't.  

This is the result of a conspiracy of thousands, working diligently for at least 3 decades.  (And continuing to do so.)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Larry said:

Out of 35 tested.  

No, one person didn't.  

This is the result of a conspiracy of thousands, working diligently for at least 3 decades.  (And continuing to do so.)  

Mr. Sinister already pointed that out. 

Thanks, your consolation gifts are behind curtain #2. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Unfortunately,  we all did this. Through hate, indifference,  laziness, naivety,  etc.

One man will definitely go down as the symbol for all of it. But it was us. All us.

I reject the idea that it was "we". A lot of us have been fighting the good fight and we aren't the reason for Trump and Foxnews and McConnell. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I reject the idea that it was "we". A lot of us have been fighting the good fight and we aren't the reason for Trump and Foxnews and McConnell. 

You're right, I was being too dark/harsh. We were either tought **** the right way from the jump, or evolved and grew to see the error of our ways (certainly in my case, seeing as much as I've changed over the last 12 years).

Sometimes it gets to be too much (when you think this **** through on a global, outside-in view), knowing that if this thing goes further South in November, history likely will not give a damn who stood for what. We'll all just be retarded Americans, who dove with glee into that oncoming train of stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You're right, I was being too dark/harsh. We were either tought **** the right way from the jump, or evolved and grew to see the error of our ways (certainly in my case, seeing as much as I've changed over the last 12 years).

Sometimes it gets to be too much (when you think this **** through on a global, outside-in view), knowing that if this thing goes further South in November, history likely will not give a damn who stood for what. We'll all just be retarded Americans, who dove with glee into that oncoming train of stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Bet you guys didn’t think fighting the good fight meant you’d have to be defending things like science, medicine, and the mail.

I will say that I was naive to how many people are susceptible to complete and total nonsense/bs and how many crazy, ****ed up people there are. (Trump's base)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Man, this just ain't your night.   :ols:

Damn, I ****ed up totally. 

54 minutes ago, Larry said:

Out of 35 tested.  

No, one person didn't.  

This was meant to have my previous comment of: 

56 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, one person didn't.  

And what I I didn't place in the right post. 

I should just stfu. Permanently. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I left Larry's post out of the middle, it was so late as to the topic, and it was HIM, not you, that I meant needed the consolation prize. 

Ahem. Just so we're clear and I'm not misunderstood. Again. 

Damn. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Bet you guys didn’t think fighting the good fight meant you’d have to be defending things like science, medicine, and the mail.

I think we've known for a while that the GOP was courting the anti-science types when it came to denying evolution to cater to the religious right and denying global warming when it came to getting in the way of their donors' profits. The medicine thing is a bit new, though they were sorta headed in that direction anyway I think. The war on the post office thing is definitely novel though. 

• Like 2

This is absolutely heartbreaking.  From the Navajo Res.

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/2020/08/09/coronavirus-impact-navajo-elders-alone-without-food-despair/3328147001/

Other than a ripped couch, the home has little furniture. The girl has few toys. Her prized possessions are a few notepads, which are completely covered with drawings, one on top of the other, because she’s used up every last page.

The grandmother said she and her son have taken care of the child since she turned four. When her son is away at his job, which is often, she is responsible for the girl.

“She’s the only one that takes care of me,” the grandmother said. “We take care of each other.”

Edison Johnson, a man in his 60s, lives in a dirt-floored shack with no running water, toilet, sink, kitchen — or electricity. He stores food in plastic coolers; he has no access to ice, so they keep nothing cool. Eating fresh food is almost impossible because there is no way to keep it from spoiling. He lives off of processed foods that keep without a refrigerator.

When he needs electricity, he runs a series of extension cords from his son’s house to his own, at the top of a hill. “I wish I had an oven so I can make biscuits,” he said.

More at link

• Sad 7

Americans are still paying for sex in Mexico despite the pandemic

Stay at home, be safe, but go hungry. Go out, earn a living, but risk your life. For so many in Mexico, this has been the pandemic's impossible choice.

And it's a difficult enough choice if you're a shopkeeper or a cab driver. But it's on another level if you're a sex worker.

"I'm so scared for my health," said Alejandra, a sex worker in Tijuana, who asked we only use her first name. "I don't know if the person I'm with has the disease or not."

Tijuana, Mexico's famed red-light district, called Zona Norte, sits a stone's throw from the US-Mexico border. Calle Coahuila, the area's main strip, is normally teeming with a frenetic action bathed in neon light.

Women in short dresses and the highest of high heels stand along the sidewalks, beckoning groups of men to spend some time and money with them. Massive strip clubs, some with hotels attached, act as de facto brothels.

Many specifically cater to the thousands of Americans who cross the border from California each month, looking for a kind of fun that can't be found legally in the United States, except maybe in some Nevada counties where prostitution is permitted.

All of it is legal here -- or, at least, it was until the pandemic descended.

Mexico's government shuttered its economy in late March. Non-essential businesses were forced to close, including in the state of Baja California, where Tijuana is the largest city.

That meant that all the strip clubs, bars, sex hotels and even the sex workers on the sidewalks were forced to close up shop, restrictions that remain in place today.

Reopening his business would be illegal, but in Tijuana, it's clear other business owners don't care. "People are opening, certain places are open, certain [sex] hotels are open," he said.

Although the border is officially closed to non-essential travel, there are exceptions for dual citizens and few vehicles are stopped for checks by Mexican officials. So it's relatively easy to make the short trip.

And some Americans are still coming here to have sex.

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

..undercount?  Didnt they jus "pass" 10k deaths the other day?

This is what I get coming in here hoping for good news again. Jeez...

The undercount came from a computer glitch that delayed processing nearly 300,000 tests.

First email I read this morning at work was her farewell email (I work for CDPH). 

I suspect that this was an excuse to leave though as she had only been on the job since October.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1