Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

*Preparing mind for incoming psychotic tweets in a few hours*

You should read some of the comments about it on right wing sites like Breitbart. It's too funny...they're screaming their heads off about censorship and civil war.

Of course, they're always screaming about civil war for one reason or another.

But none of them seem to actually understand how the 1st amendment works. Or how a private company's Terms of Service works. Or that "Trump Supporters" isn't a protected class of people who can't be discriminated against (though one could probably make the case that they'd fall within "mentally challenged").

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure most of them understand how much of anything works. It's a minor miracle that they can breathe and walk at the same time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

*Preparing mind for incoming psychotic tweets in a few hours*

He's saving them for tomorrow when the jobs report comes out.  

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Do any of you actually follow him on Twitter (it's like a completely new world at home, since basically everything at work except ES is blocked)?

I feel like his tweets might give me a concussion

I actually muted him so I don't have to read his word salad when other people I follow retweet his nonsense. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

But none of them seem to actually understand how the 1st amendment works. Or how a private company's Terms of Service works. Or that "Trump Supporters" isn't a protected class of people who can't be discriminated against (though one could probably make the case that they'd fall within "mentally challenged").

Come to think of it, I'm not entirely sure most of them understand how much of anything works. It's a minor miracle that they can breathe and walk at the same time.

the 1st amendment doesn’t guarantee your right to spread dangerous medical misinformation.  If it did Kevin Trudeau would still be publishing his “natural cure” books and filming more infomercials.  

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

the 1st amendment doesn’t guarantee your right to spread dangerous medical misinformation.  If it did Kevin Trudeau would still be publishing his “natural cure” books and filming more infomercials.  

Yeah I'm honestly torn as to whether they really just don't understand this concept, or if they truly think that the disinformation Trump is trying to spread is actually the truth.

As usual, it may be a bit of both.

That and they're some of the biggest crybaby victims on the face of the planet. I've never seen so many people who claim to be tough, strong, independent patriots get butt hurt so easily about anything and whine incessantly about it. Then again, that's the way Trump is, and the fish rots from the head down.

• Like 2

Wonder what it would cost to mandate a health/hygiene sort of course in schools.

I'm about 90% positive now that I had it back in February, but without knowing what I had, I still wore a mask outside my room, and isolated for the better part of a month, and my brother did not catch it, nor did my nephew. Wiped down every handle I touched, washing my hands like crazy. But I knew all of this before it became a statewide mandate. Other people need to know as well. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wonder what it would cost to mandate a health/hygiene sort of course in schools.

I'm about 90% positive now that I had it back in February, but without knowing what I had, I still wore a mask outside my room, and isolated for the better part of a month, and my brother did not catch it, nor did my nephew. Wiped d oh wn every handle I touched, washing my hands like crazy. But ai knew all of this before it became a statewide mandate. Other people need to know as well. 

Proper leadership wouldn't have dismissed this a hoax until April.

That said, there are many smart people here who though it was a joke too...until the cases started exponentially exploding. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Do any of you actually follow him on Twitter (it's like a completely new world at home, since basically everything at work except ES is blocked)?

I feel like his tweets might give me a concussion

I do, I have to convince myself its almost over, we made it this far...

Why are the numbers so wildly different across various sources? Worldometers added 1,200 deaths yesterday and 1,300 the day before that with the 7 day average being nearly identical to a week ago. Covidtracking has 1,200 and 1,400. Where did 2,000 come from? 

Edited by Bacon

It was interesting being in the hospital for 2 nights with covid being a thing.  The very first nurse we had was probably in her late 20's or early 30's and one of the first things she told us was about wearing masks in the room.  She was fine with us not wearing masks because she knows that all women giving birth are tested prior and she knew my wife was negative.  When I told her I had tested negative that same day she was even cooler with it.  She also told us that some of the older nurses may be a bit different about it and want us to wear them.

Pretty much every nurse/doctor that came in was fine with us not wearing them, or at least they never said anything, other than the lady who gave our son a bath.  She just asked that we wear them if we are near her watching the baby so obviously we did that.  But even when some other doctors came in and were close to me I would just put mine on real quick while they are there.  I mean it really is not a big deal at all.

If we left the room we had to put a mask on to walk around the hospital.  I was not allowed to leave the premise for 2 days but I asked multiple nurses if I could leave and go get food at a drive through and they said pretty much everyone at security would be fine with that depending on who is there.  But they were now giving meals to the 1 guest allowed with the woman giving birth as well so every meal was provided, although not the best food lol.  It was strange the 2nd day there because I can't remember a day ever in my life where I literally did not step outside.  Not even to take the trash out or something during the quarantine, or to get the mail.  That was literally a day I did not go outside.  My wife didn't leave the room the entire stay until we were discharged.

Not being allowed to have visitors at all was also very nice.  This being our second child, I remember how exhausting it was having all of this family and friends come visit us.  There was never any down time.  So not having to deal with any of that was great.  And when I would walk around the hospital to get snacks or something, it was empty.  I rarely saw anyone else other than nurses.

All in all I felt super comfortable there during this strange time.  Back in March and then April when this all went down and got real bad, we were super concerned about having to be in a hospital in August because we didn't know what was going to be going on at that time.  Thankfully MD has handled this pretty well comparatively.  If we were giving birth in one of the hot spots right now it would have been way more stressful and uncomfortable.

• Like 7