Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

16 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I have a feeling the Brazilian president is faking his diagnosis. This is hjs chance to "prove" that drug works. 

i dunno, but i accept the speculation as "the kind of thing to keep in mind as quite possible" 

with creatures of that ilk (ala  trump, trump family, and gop trump helpers) it's reasonable to assume if they're not doing some foul, crooked, dirty, inhumane, etc. thing that negatively impacts millions in service to a personal desire it's because they hadn't thought of it, or they're doing something of the same basic nautre already :) 

• Like 8

The result of opening schools is predicable as was opening states too early and ignoring masks and having campaign rallies as was the virus itself blah blah blah 

And then once it happens they will say they learned so much and we will find out how much money some old rich guy made off of getting a bunch of children sick. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

my sentiment on the above is to hope as many vitale-types as possible experience this pandemic with maximum impact on their personal lives

I initially landed on this page, and without the additional context, I thought you were aiming this at Dick Vitale, which really took me aback for a second.😄

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

What in the actual **** is up with hydroxychloroquin?! Out of ALL of this craziness, that makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills (which might be more effective). Do the manufacturers have blackmail on Trump and Bolsonaro?! I just don't. get. the. obsession.

Trump has money in one of the producers if I remember correctly. It always comes back to money with them. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, techboy said:

I initially landed on this page, and without the additional context, I thought you were aiming this at Dick Vitale, which really took me aback for a second.😄

well hopefully you don't think the comment is somehow ok now---i need you....i traded my moral compass for a lighter

and don't get me started on dick vitale too

i have a list you know---i'm in "that" developmental stage

jerry stiller.jpg

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Trump has money in one of the producers if I remember correctly. It always comes back to money with them. 

Wasn't Rudy really involved in getting Trump hooked on the hydroxychloroquine angle? We all know he's knee deep in some shady **** too. I wonder if it wasn't so much that Trump has money in it, but that Rudy does and he convinced Trump that it was some miracle drug that would fix everything and bring the economy roaring back to life forthwith. And we all know that Trump can't let anything go or admit he was wrong, so he just kept it up.

• Like 3

Deaths are going up.  Deaths were peaking in the 700's the last few weeks.  Guess the situation this week.  Over 900 yesterday.  More than 800 today. 

The way Texas is going, they may end up with more hospitalizations than even New York.  Texas is currently at 9000+.  New York peaked at slightly above 18,000.

Edited by redskins59
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, redskins59 said:

Deaths are going up.  Deaths were peaking in the 700's the last few weeks.  Guess the situation this week.  Over 900 yesterday.  More than 800 today. 

The way Texas is going, they may end up with more hospitalizations than even New York.  Texas is currently at 9000+.  New York peaked at slightly above 18,000.

Yikes, I didn't realize it was over 900 yesterday. But this follows the trend of infections skyrocketing, then 2-3 weeks later hospitalizations skyrocketing, then 2-3 weeks later deaths skyrocketing. ☹️

• Thanks 1

From the "Wow, I didn't see that one coming" files:

Tulsa sees Covid-19 surge in the wake of Trump's June rally

The city of Tulsa is experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases, a little over 2 weeks after President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in an indoor arena there.

Dr. Bruce Dart, Executive Director of the Tulsa Health Department, said in a press conference on Wednesday there are high numbers being reported this week, with nearly 500 new cases in two days and trends are showing that those numbers will increase.

There had been a 20% decline in new Covid-19 cases the week of June 28 through July 4.

Edited by mistertim

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

From the "Wow, I didn't see that one coming" files:

Tulsa sees Covid-19 surge in the wake of Trump's June rally

Everywhere “it” goes it leaves devastation in it’s wake.

Yeats was inspired by the 1918 pandemic when he transformed his magnificent fever dream to words:

”...And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?”

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1