Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yesterday, the girlfriend and I went to Leesburg for lunch to pick up sandwiches, there's a deli there we both really like.  Anyway, driving through on Loudoun Street, if you're familiar with the area...there was a protest going on.  When I first saw it, I figured it was a BLM protest.  

Nope.  It was a Covid/mask protest.  Dip****s on either side of the street holding up signs that were saying Covid is a hoax, personal freedoms, etc, not wearing masks.  ****ing unbelievable.

Reading this at first I hoped the protest woulda been about removing the Confederate statue in front of the courthouse. Figures it was a covid is a hoax masks are for sheeple nutter gathering. 

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Freddie Freeman and three other Braves players have tested positive.

I love sports as much as anyone, but they need to shut all this down before somebody dies. 

I've been saying it. If singles tennis is a problem, team sports are off the table. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As Coronavirus Slams Houston Hospitals, It’s Like New York ‘All Over Again’

The death toll is lower, but there are echoes of March as cases spike, doctors fall ill and supplies run short. Now, Texas is trying to adapt hard-won lessons while addressing a new set of challenges.

Over the past week, Dr. Aric Bakshy, an emergency physician at Houston Methodist, had to decide which coronavirus patients he should admit to the increasingly busy hospital and which he could safely send home.

To discuss questions like these, he has turned to doctors at hospitals where he trained in New York City that were overwhelmed by the coronavirus this spring. Now their situations are reversed.

Thumbing through a dog-eared notebook during a recent shift, Dr. Bakshy counted about a dozen people he had treated for coronavirus symptoms. His colleagues in Houston had attended to many more. Meanwhile, friends at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens told him that their emergency department was seeing only one or two virus patients a day.

“The surge is here,” Dr. Bakshy said.

As Houston’s hospitals face the worst outbreak of the virus in Texas, now one of the nation’s hot zones, Dr. Bakshy and others are experiencing some of the same challenges that their New York counterparts did just a few months ago and are trying to adapt some lessons from that crisis.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Coronavirus: Florida reports 10,059 new cases of COVID-19, Broward County sets another record

The Florida Department of Health reported 10,059 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, a day after breaking the state’s one-day record of 11,458.

For the third consecutive day, Broward County set a single day record with 1,664 new cases, continuing a surge in numbers. Miami-Dade’s increases were 2,282, a day after marking a new county high with 2,418 new cases.

The state is now up to 200,111 confirmed cases. Florida also reported 29 new deaths on Sunday with a total of 3,832 resident deaths associated with COVID-19, according to the latest data released by the health department.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

I really wish reporters, interviewers, and moderators would simply cut mics after 5-10 seconds once it became clear that the person wasn't going to answer the question and was basically just filibustering, then turn it back on and give them another chance with a warning that they'll do it again if need be. I'm SO goddamn sick of that ****. I want it to happen at debates too. I don't want to ****ing hear your bull**** ****footing around, thinking you're being clever; you're not. Answer the goddamn question. That goes for anyone, regardless of party. 

• Like 9

On 7/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, visionary said:

The fact that he emphasized death and mortality rate, makes me wish someone would double check the records and reporting in red states.  Make sure there isn’t a mysterious spike in pneumonia related deaths that are simply not being called corona virus.  Misreporting first political gain wouldn’t be new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1