Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

28 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Update on FB from Texans for Change page

It took four months for Texas to hit 100,000 #COVID19 cases - the next 100,000 came in 17 days. Gov. Abbott has completely failed us.

100k in the last 17 days isn’t good.

100k in the next 17 days would be a small miracle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Florida hospital ICUs near Miami, Orlando and Tampa have hit capacity

In Florida, 43 hospital ICU’s in 21 counties have hit capacity and show zero ICU beds available, according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). This includes hospitals in the following counties:

- Miami-Dade (which includes the city of Miami)
- Broward (which includes Fort Lauderdale)
- Hillsborough (which includes Tampa)
- Orange (which includes Orlando)

Another 32 hospitals show ICU bed availability of 10% or less, per the AHCA data.

In addition, 14 hospitals have hit capacity of non-ICU hospital beds and another 54 hospitals have 10% or less non-ICU hospital beds available.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

How will we know that these vaccines are for real? That the trump administration didn't get people to falsify results? And yes, I do think he is that evil!

Fauci has said if the science isn't there to prove efficacy and safety he will publicly denounce any approved vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We’re all gonna get it. 60-70% at a minimum.

Texas and Florida can go first, tho.

Yeah I wonder if, by the time that a viable vaccine becomes widely available, a large majority of people in this country will have had it. Even if we take a possible mortality rate on the somewhat lower side of the spectrum of between .5% and 1% that's still between 1.6 and 3.3 million people dead. 

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Fauci has said if the science isn't there to prove efficacy and safety he will publicly denounce any approved vaccines.

I have heard that also but is it enough to stop trump from having people falsify results? Sorry I just have so little trust in this administration I see no bounds on what he may do. 

And the longer this goes on, the more disruptions from the stupid mother punchers who don’t realize they’re creating the problem. We have a long, long way to go in this joint.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I have heard that also but is it enough to stop trump from having people falsify results? Sorry I just have so little trust in this administration I see no bounds on what he may do. 

You can get away with a lot but distributing an unsafe vaccine to hundreds of millions of people will seal your fate. Of course, he'd make the FDA head fall on the sword.

The odds of getting away with that are basically zero. In this era of social media, not sure you can get away without a whistleblower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We’re all gonna get it. 60-70% at a minimum.

Texas and Florida can go first, tho.

That level is herd immunity.  Better hope that the mortality rate is lower than the current 5% because that would mean 10 million dead.  A mortality rate of 1% would still be 2 million dead.

I can only hope our dear leader leads by example and succumbs sooner rather than later.  At least we can hope that those endangering themselves and everyone else with their stupidity are Trump supporters that kill themselves off without hurting the rest of us, so that there are fewer of them at the ballot box.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hooper said:

This is all so insane. Keep hoping 2020 will somehow get better, knowing that simply won't be the case. 

Which pretty much summarizes our national response to this disease.  

• Like 1

It is becoming more obvious that the NBA resuming activities in Orlando, where there is reportedly 0 ICU beds available, is negligent and without basis.

Knowing how hospitals operate when resources are scare, I certainly wouldn't be rushing thousands of people to that locale for entertainment. 

We all know DeSantis doesn't give a crap, so leadership is of no help.

People always mock Mickey Mouse when it comes to poorly run organizations, maybe he could step up and lead the way. It is his backyard

Edited by Bonez3

9 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

It is becoming more obvious that the NBA resuming activities in Orlando, where there is reportedly 0 ICU beds available, is negligent and without basis.

They are going to keep trying to make this money until someone worth a lot of money to the NBA dies from it. More likley that wont stop them either. 

• Like 1

Coronavirus updates: US sets another grim record with over 60,000 new cases in a day

It's the highest daily number of cases in the U.S. since the pandemic began.

A pandemic of the novel coronavirus has now killed more than 544,000 people worldwide.

Over 11.8 million people across the globe have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new respiratory virus, according to data compiled by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. The actual numbers are believed to be much higher due to testing shortages, many unreported cases and suspicions that some governments are hiding the scope of their nations' outbreaks.

Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

The personal protective gear that was in dangerously short supply during the early weeks of the coronavirus crisis in the U.S. is running low again as the virus resumes its rapid spread and the number of hospitalized patients climbs.

A national nursing union is concerned that gear has to be reused. A doctors association warns that physicians’ offices are closed because they cannot get masks and other supplies. And Democratic members of Congress are pushing the Trump administration to devise a national strategy to acquire and distribute gear in anticipation of the crisis worsening into the fall.

“We’re five months into this and there are still shortages of gowns, hair covers, shoe covers, masks, N95 masks,” said Deborah Burger, president of National Nurses United, who cited results from a survey of the union’s members. “They’re being doled out, and we’re still being told to reuse them.”

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I don't understand why they don't just do this in a remote location like the Virgin Islands or Hawaii, Florida is a horrible choice. 

No island on the planet is gonna let 500+ Americans jet in from the mainland right now.  It was Florida or bust.

They can pull it off.  It’s not like the “bubble” is in downtown Miami.

• Thanks 1