Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Word on the street is both Texas Senators starting to call Trump out publicly for his position on testing.  

Sounds like we might of finally found a line with those folks, their own lives.

Until the next equilibrium dosage. I jest, but that is the most sensible description of Repubs behavior since he took Office

Just now, justice98 said:

I wonder how much people make who all the sudden got in the mask business.  Now, the market is flooded, but back in Jan/Feb when there was a run on them and they started to be hard to come by, somebody probably made some nice coin.

Not as much as "Essential Item" horders, I bet. Can't remember the last time I saw a bottle of spray

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Until the next equilibrium dosage. I jest, but that is the most sensible description of Repubs behavior since he took Office

If I'm not mistaken, Bale started skipping doses after realizing how wrong he was after accidentally missing one.

Some of these GOPers aren't stupid, they just play stupid on TV.  It remains to be seen if GOP will turn on Trump before November to save as many seats as they can. I hope they do to crater the support of the remaining die hards of their base.

I wish it was as simple as Texas government wanting to save lives, but their credibility is shot on that and needs to be earned back (which I don't think it can, leading to possibility for double downs).

As long as that base is shrinking instead of growing, it's going to become more about waiting them out.  This convo is already happening with the Police bill house just signed, it's about to be July, and already talking about waiting until GOP is out the way to pass what they want.

I don't agree with waiting until GOP is swept out of office to try and get anything passed.  We need bills passed more then ever right now, so my hope is this blue state problem red state problem stops and looked at as an every state problem finally. Which is where we needed to be months ago, better late then never, now im sounding idealistic again.

PhonyPepperyBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Renegade7

Moscow Mitch isn't bringing any bill from the House into the Senate. As long as they can stack the courts, that's all they care about now. That also means that Democrats need to pass all these relevant bills now.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Moscow Mitch isn't bringing any bill from the House into the Senate. As long as they can stack the courts, that's all they care about now.

Not if he keeps being safe in his own election, I agree with you.

If ever there was ever a reason to get rid of political parties, it would be to get rid of positions like Senate majority leader. 

I just went to the clinic because I have had this headache for like 3-4 days that won't go away really even with various medicines.  Other than that I feel like fine.  I have taken my temp often throughout these and once had 99 temp and then today had a 99.1.  I then tried my left ear and it was 99.7.  I was getting different readings depending on which ear.  But this thermometer like first 2 times are always like 98.0 or 98.2, like it has to warm up.  So I don't know how reliable it is.  

Then I went to the clinic and they took my temp and it was 98.8.  This was taken orally.  When I got home I took it and it's still showing like 99.0 in right ear and 99.7 in left ear, then 98.8 immediately after in left ear.  So who knows.

Anyways it feels A LOT like when I had lyme disease the first time in 2018 so I'm wondering if it's like a flair up.  They took a lyme panel today but also asked if I wanted a covid test too since I was there.  I opted to take one.

It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I kind of psyched myself out and then when I took it, it was uncomfortable but not nearly like I expected.  I thought it would be like a 10/10 as far as uncomfortable but was more like a 2/10 or 3/10.  And they hold it there for like a 10 count.

I will hear back early next week about both of them.

• Like 11

On 6/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, techboy said:

Fabulous. IF your mask is N95, and IF you have a bunch of them (they're supposed to be single use, generally), and IF you know how to wear it properly (it requires training), and IF you also cover your eyes with something, like a face shield, then it will "probably" keep you safe.

And yet, there are still lots of people that are too untrained, too poor, and/or too unable too access a sufficient supply of N95 masks (especially if everybody suddenly tries to get them), and lots of them still have to go out (especially the poor). They don't deserve to get sick/die because some won't wear a simple cloth face mask.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that your position is naive.

Naive? Don't think so. The conversation was about the efficiency between N95 and N100. I said I happen to have one, well actually 4. I rotate them. The way to get more use out of a mask is to spray rubbing alcohol at 70% strength. You can use it again the next day. 

As for the poor, yes it is a damn shame that Trump didn't sent a box of N95 masks to everyone's house along with the money. He was too busy trying to figure out how to save his ass in the polls ratings and the stock market. 

Edited by zskins

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Naive? Don't think so.

I was referring to your cavalier sentiment that we can let people not wear masks and die because everyone else can just wear a mask and be safe, so they're not hurtng anyone but themselves.

Naive is me attempting to view your comments in the best possible light.

Edited by techboy

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

PhonyPepperyBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Thanks for that.  I had to look up where that image came from.  I had forgotten about Equilibrium .  I watched it again.  Good flick, with Batman (Christian Bale), Robert the Bruce (Angus McFayden), Winston Shakespeare (Taye Diggs), Boromir (Sean Bean), Cassius from Gladiator (David Hemmings), and more (William Fichtner, Emily Watson).  

• Like 1

'I told you so' is not really a good tact. But when lives are on the line and the economy that we all are concerned about depends on it, 'I told you so' might be appropriate. 

Gov. Cuomo did give 'I told you so' today. Florida, Arizona, Texas and other governors (maybe even the president) should offer a 'yea, you were right'. 

We're all 1 team, lets get the best playbook out there.

Edited by Bonez3
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, techboy said:

I was referring to your cavalier sentiment that we can let people not wear masks and die because everyone else can just wear a mask and be safe, so they're not hurtng anyone but themselves.

Naive is me attempting to view your comments in the best possible light.

Those people have already decided they don't want to wear a mask and it goes against their freedom and rights. Are you going to hold a gun to their head and tell them to wear one? I didn't like their stance and said in that case just let them get infected and die and there will be less idiots on this planet while the rest of us wear a mask (N95 was just an example in that conversation). 

Do you want me to shed a tear for those assholes? You are not going to get any sympathy from me on that. 

The only people who are naive and cavalier are the ones who refuse to wear a mask.

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t think any of the major sports are going to successfully complete a season this year. 

Nope. They actually look desperate trying to pull it all off.

Too many road blocks. People are in denial.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1