Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Noted idiot Jemele Hill was caught on social media criticizing Robert Kraft for giving masks away to people in need. "HE's a trump fan"

Who cares?

Why does his political affiliation matter?

Arsonists who lit the fire don't get accolades when they show up with a fire extinguisher.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

there is at least one doctor in Italy claiming this was first seen in Italy in November. 

I expected that piece of information to take off but it never did. 

would fit with what you’re saying

I've got a friend who's a nurse out in our area, she says she thinks this came through our area in January.  She works in the ICU.  Told me that they had a bunch of people come through that were sicker than **** but none of them tested positive for the flu.  No one could figure out what it was.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Arsonists who lit the fire don't get accolades when they show up with a fire extinguisher.

Bob Kraft intentionally caused the pandemic?  

Analogies are like farts.  If you have to force it, it's probably crap.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Noted idiot Jemele Hill was caught on social media criticizing Robert Kraft for giving masks away to people in need. "HE's a trump fan"

Who cares?

Why does his political affiliation matter? Can't the guy do a good deed without being called out on social media?

Jemele, this is why nobody likes you. You take any opportunity you can to bash Trump almost like a life obsession. I don't like Trump. I've made it clear. But I have other things to do with my life than bring up Trump when Robert Kraft is donating for a good cause. 

I follow her on twitter, she has many reason to not be liked and one of them is not trying to be liked. That's why she had to get of ESPN.

I don't agree with everything she says, but I don't agree with your assessment of her on this situation either.

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

there is at least one doctor in Italy claiming this was first seen in Italy in November. 

I expected that piece of information to take off but it never did. 

would fit with what you’re saying

Professor Giuseppe Remuzzi. He said he had observed very strange and very serious pneumonia, especially among elderly people already in December and even in November.

Milan professor says he is 'CERTAIN' that coronavirus emerged in Wuhan first after Chinese state media linked the origin of the pandemic to Italy

Edited by FrFan

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Bob Kraft intentionally caused the pandemic?  

Analogies are like farts.  If you have to force it, it's probably crap.  

Bob Kraft intentionally supported and elevated a dangerous buffoon to a position of power. And that buffoon spent critical months spreading a bunch of BS rather than planning for what every expert on pandemics was warning.

So maybe he's not the arsonist himself. He's just the arsonists friend who gave him tools and resources the arsonist needed to cause a crisis.

I am from the Anand Giridharadas school of thought, where filthy rich influential people don't get accolades for putting out fires caused by their own hubris and intentional negligence.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No, I understand that some people get sick and even a small percentage of the population requiring more than usual medical care stops the system from functioning.  

@KAOSkins post about the media being responsible for the lock downs kinda of proves my point about the media, even if the lockdowns were necessary (which I agree they were, unfortunately).  I didn’t need to be cynical but we both agree they have a lot of power.

There have been several models and statements by scientists they suggest a lot of people may have it and be asymptotic. That decreases the concern level for me. I’m concerned for the people who are in hospital, but as far as me personally getting it or someone I know getting it, there isn’t a huge reason to be concerned based on what what the CDC has said.  I follow the cdc recommendations because I’m concerned about other people.  But I’m not personally concerned.  They won’t even test you unless you need to be admitted to the hospital in VA.... 

The first amendment speaks to such things, makes it a very powerful part of the equation and does so for the reason that bad as they (the press) might be (and they were bad back in colonial times too) transparency can't be left to the politicians.  That's always orders of magnitude worse.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Bob Kraft intentionally supported and elevated a dangerous buffoon to a position of power. And that buffoon spent critical months spreading a bunch of BS rather than planning for what every expert on pandemics was warning.

So maybe he's not the arsonist himself. He's just the arsonists friend who gave him tools and resources the arsonist needed to cause a crisis.

Donald Trump didn't set the fire, either.  

Your analogy of "Kraft = Arsonist" is a lot closer to "Kraft helped elect an incompetent fire chief.  (Who stopped maintaining the fire engines, appointed his golfing buddies as commanders of every fire station, and then when the alarm came in, sat around and claimed that the fire didn't exist.  And is still doing so.)"  

• Like 1

Six Flags Charging Season Pass Holders During Coronavirus Pandemic

Just pointing out, I bought a Disney annual pass on installment payments, and I'm still making payments on it.  (Made one two days ago.)  

Now, Disney has already told me that, when the parks reopen, my pass will be extended by however many days the parks were closed for.  So, I will have a period when I'm not making payments, but my pass will still be good. 

Similarly, they also offer a discount to people who renew their pass within, I think it's 30 days of when their previous one expires.  And they've said that, if my pass had expired before the shutdown, but I was still within my renewal window, then the renewal window will be extended by however long the parks stay closed.  And there's other things they're doing, for people who booked rooms or cruises, or multi-day park tickets, and similar things.  

And they shut down before the state did anything.  And announced that they're paying their cast members during the shutdown.  (I don't know if they still are.  The initial shutdown they announced was only for two weeks.  I also don't know if that's only some of their workers, and others are "contractors" or some such.)  

I suspect they probably should have shut down sooner.  But I do think they've done a vastly better job of this than any other corporation I'm aware of.  

(Maybe I'm biased.  A little.)  

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Biggest bunch if snakes I've ever seen.

Could someone explain to me like I'm 5 what the difference in wording actually means? Both said that the stockpile is for use when local supplies run out. The government has done a terrible job of replacing those supplies, but don't both still say that's the goal?

• Thanks 1