Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

GOP is scared they are going to lose big in elections cause the economy. Seems to be a coordinated effort of Trumpers to get people back to work to have a better chance to win. The negative side effects will be dismissed for the greater good. 

That only works if you think the GOP honestly believes that sending people out into a forest fire gets them votes.  

I have trouble believing that the people making the decisions are that delusional.  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

That only works if you think the GOP honestly believes that sending people out into a forest fire gets them votes.  

I have trouble believing that the people making the decisions are that delusional.  

Then why? It's either to win elections or to get back to making money. Which they use to gain power and advantage by winning elections.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

The Trump administration is set to use the Defense Production Act for the first time in the coronavirus pandemic for about 60,000 coronavirus test kits, as health workers face severe shortages 

Kinda surprised there.  

Would have assumed that part of the strategy for spinning the number of people they're about to hospitalize/cripple/kill would be to accidentally restrict testing, so we can go back to having artificially low numbers of infections/deaths.  Every dead person who couldn't get a test kit is a dead person who didn't die of this disease.  

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

GOP is scared they are going to lose big in elections cause the economy. Seems to be a coordinated effort of Trumpers to get people back to work to have a better chance to win. The negative side effects will be dismissed for the greater good. 

I think the GOP is screwed no matter what.  Economy will not recover in time for the election.  On top of that, they allow the virus to spread, it kills a significant proportion of their base.

• Like 1

Yay, got a first confirmed covid19 positive infection on Hunter Army / Fort Stewart in Savannah, GA where I'm stationed..... Civilian contractor.... City of Savannah instituting a shelter in place starting midnight...... We have been doing shift work 8-12 and 12-4 at Division HQ where I work at anyways, but about to start working from home with my Govt computer anyways..... I'm ready

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Yay, got a first confirmed covid19 positive infection on Hunter Army / Fort Stewart in Savannah, GA where I'm stationed..... Civilian contractor.... City of Savannah instituting a shelter in place starting midnight...... We have been doing shift work 8-12 and 12-4 at Division HQ where I work at anyways, but about to start working from home with my Govt computer anyways..... I'm ready

Respect, and stay safe sir 💪

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Idk, I'm really confused as to whether they truly believe in this or if Trump just got riled up in hopes to put some steam back back in the market.  It's not like he hasn't backed down from his bold proclamations before.  But it felt quite real yesterday when he was running his yap, and then you have one of his minions talking about he'll sacrifice himself for the economy.  These people are nuts, there is no telling what they will actually do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Larry said:

What's Jerry Junior's motive, here?  

Does he personally profit enough from reopening the school to make the money enough to justify knowingly spreading disease worth it?  

Is it just loyalty to Team Red?  

He's got to know that his actions are going to kill people.  (In fact, his actions are quite obviously intended to start a wave of evil, that will kill thousands.)  What's he get out of the deal, that makes it worth that?  What's his "pro" that's worth that "con"?  

His personal fortune depends on the err...."university" doing business with his various businesses. 

He also runs a closed empire. A few people die, he can cover that up.

Additionally. it's doing Trump a proper and he loves having Trump's orange ear.

50 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I recall 8-10 days ago there was a belief that cases would double every 6 days. Based on that theory, we've seen a 667% increase from March 16th to March 22nd:

3/16    4,466 cases with 87 deaths (1.95% death rate)

3/22   34,276 cases with 413 deaths (1.20% death rate)

The next 6 day period shows:

3/17    6,135 cases with 111 deaths (1.81% death rate)

3/23  42,663 cases with 541 deaths (1.27% death rate)

A 595% increase.

So, yeah, open your university, dumbass. Things are getting better. Just make sure you don't use the healthcare available in Lynchburg. Maybe have a prayer circle jerk to cure the sick. Oh, and don't forget to charge them an entry fee for it.

Lynchburg General Hospital, the largest in the city, has 358 beds, 50 of which are ICU.  They’ve designated 6 for COVID patients so far. They serve an area with 300k residents including the surrounding communities, with higher than average rates of obesity, diabetes, and smoking, as well as an older population than the national average. 

In short, sending thousands of students back into this town from all over the country, many traveling by plane, is ****ing insane. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Idk, I'm really confused as to whether they truly believe in this or if Trump just got riled up in hopes to put some steam back back in the market.  It's not like he hasn't backed down from his bold proclamations before. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sometimes he just says stupid **** because he wants the media to fixate on the stupid **** he said, instead of the evil thing he's done.  

But I may be giving him too much intelligence or forethought.  

I also wouldn't be amazed if it's a trial balloon.  

Say something stupid.

Then watch Hannity and Fox & Friends, and see what they say about it.  

If Fox & Friends are supporting the stupid ****, then that's a green light to go ahead with it.  

If Fox & Friends aren't supporting it, then attack the Fake News for publishing rumors that were never true.  

But again, that would require him making a plan that takes longer than 10 minutes and one sentence.  

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Lynchburg General Hospital, the largest in the city, has 358 beds, 50 of which are ICU.  They’ve designated 6 for COVID patients so far. They serve an area with 300k residents including the surrounding communities, with higher than average rates of obesity, diabetes, and smoking, as well as an older population than the national average. 

Maybe his family owns a chunk of the hospital?

Edited by Larry

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Maybe his family owns a chunk of the hospital?

Nah it’s a Centra facility.

One thing interesting I read is that hospitals aren’t exactly making a lot of money on this. They’ve had to cancel or postpone a ton of surgical procedures, which are the real cash cow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

One thing interesting I read is that hospitals aren’t exactly making a lot of money on this. They’ve had to cancel or postpone a ton of surgical procedures, which are the real cash cow. 

Yeah, assume most of the ICU/dead patients are Medicare/Medicaid.  Which they get paid for, but just barely.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, assume most of the ICU/dead patients are Medicare/Medicaid.  Which they get paid for, but just barely.  

Uninsured people are going to absolutely slam them too. Rural hospitals are desperately going need financial help. 

46 minutes ago, Larry said:

Have you seen this administration in action?

They absolutely are that delusional.   And they think they CAN be that delusional because their base doesn't challenge the delusion, but embraces it.

This is going to be a bloodbath.

But some of the...more...head-on-shoulders people in the admin must see the futility of this, right?

Like if the economy crashes, he's done.  If he tries to push people back out and it spreads, untold #s will die.

You'd think someone whose biggest group of support is older folks and who won a number of states by razor thin margins would recognize that allowing a disease to circulate that is probably going to kill 65+ people at about a 2:1 rate of people under 65, at probably no less than a 2% rate (possibly much worse if/when hospitals are overrun), is absolutely political suicide.

Not to mention, Trump himself is in a high risk category.  If he just ends social distancing given the sheer # of contacts he makes with people, he's bound to get it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twa said:

by the feds and states in our system.

but looking at why emergency reserves were not replenished during all the stimulus spending might be good when we have time

Yeah and it’s sort of like other systemic problems - didn’t start this year or last. 

I expect the response to this to be on the level of 9/11. A full report of systemic failures and probably the creating of a new agency to oversee it all

we’ll see. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hooper said:

42 year old health worker with no underlying health issues died from the virus.

Yikes.

People make the assumption that because it's more deadly to the elderly or those with compromised health that they are safe.  The reality is it can and will kill MANY in neither of those categories.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PCS said:

"There will be no functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses lay dying"

"But maybe they'll die quickly, and we can reopen the bars and restaurants."  

• Haha 1