Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fox News:  Please welcome John Doe who was deathly sick with Coronavirus, took Chloroquine and is about to be released from the hospital tomorrow because he's recovered.  

CNN: Please welcome Dr. John Doe to tell you why Chloroquine is incredibly dangerous.

Murica.

im just never going to leave my house. I trust my house and my dog. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

It appears to even be an open question as to whether you can get it more than once.

I think I've read reports of three people getting it a second time, like 2-3 weeks after being cleared.  (Not one report of three people.  Think I've read a report of two people, and a different report of one.)  

I observe that the close recurrence might indicate somebody who didn't fully recover the first time.  And also observe that there's always a few people who just don;t develop immunity, or for whom a vaccination doesn't work.  They might just be outliers.  

Hope so.  Cause if there just isn't any immunity for this thing, then things are really bad.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Really?  Then try mixing in some posts that aren’t solely about Chloroquine and “macrony”.

Cause right now you’re just a one-trick pony...and it’s a really crappy trick.

Read my posts I did, You don't like my posts, fine,  just don't bother reading

Does your comment applies to (in your own words not mine) the "one-trick ponies" talking about how Trump is handling this situation ?

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

China did report good results, but if that's coming out of India that's not so good.

(I trust the people in India to get it right more than China.)

The abstract that I posted above actually is a Chinese study, not Indian.  

6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Read my posts I did, You don't like my posts, fine,  just don't bother reading

Does your comment applies to (in your own words not mine) the "one-trick ponies" talking about how Trump is handling this situation ?

What about other people’s posts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Political narrative confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What about other people’s posts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Political narrative confirmed.

Every body is entitle to its opinion. If you care to read just a few of my posts you'll find facts and reliable links. If you're looking for positivity yoi'll find (#weapplaud, Prof. Raoult, Gilead, good news from china, etc...). When I bring good news (chloroquine updates from here) some people express their doubts (which is their right), go figure ? I just see you're not answering my question. I leave it at that, have a good day and stay safe.

Christian Christensen, Professor of Journalism in Stockholm, argues that the accusation of whataboutism is itself a form of tu quoque fallacy, as it dismisses criticisms of one's own behavior to focus instead on the actions of another, thus creating a double standard. Those who use whataboutism are not necessarily engaging in an empty or cynical deflection of responsibility: whataboutism can be a useful tool to expose contradictions, double standards, and hypocrisy.

Link

Edit: last but not least today i'm going to enroll to help our farmers (government decision allowing to help them run their farms)

Coronavirus: Government Calls on Those "Who Have No More Activity" to Help Farmers

Edited by FrFan

Not posting much because life doesn’t allow for it at the moment. 

just wanted to say that the toll this is taking on healthcare workers is hard to imagine if you’re not somehow connected to one that can talk to you about it. 

if you know one take a few minutes to send them a message. Doesn’t really matter what you say. Just say something nice. It helps. It’s a stressful situation and most of them don’t really know any more about it than the rest of us. In addition to everything we have to deal with (work, child care situation, general fear and concern) they actually have to work harder than ever and know they’re being relied upon by everyone around them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Mind posting the highlights?

Not much so far.  The main highlight was that he just took a shot at the Redskins lol.

Saying they are using Fedex Field for this big testing facility because Redskins are shut down anyways since they are a non-essential business, but the Redskins would win the same amount of games whether they are shut down or not.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I found the original Chinese paper here:

http://subject.med.wanfangdata.com.cn/UpLoad/Files/202003/43f8625d4dc74e42bbcf24795de1c77c.pdf

There is a table there that seems interesting, but it's in Chinese.

Journal of Zhejiang University (Medical Edition) March 2020 JOURNALOFZHEJIANGUNIVERSITYMarch2020http: //www.zjujournal.com/medDOI: 10.3785 / j.issn.1008-9292.2020.03.03 hydroxychloroquine sulfate for patients with common coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Preliminary study Chen Jun, Liu Danping, Liu Li, Liu Ping, Xu Qingnian, Xia Luling, Huang Dan, Song Shuli, Zhang Dandan, Qian Zhiping, Li Tao, Shen Yinzhong, Lu Hongzhou, Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, Shanghai 201508, China. [Abstract] Objective: To evaluate the treatment of hydroxychloroquine sulfate in the treatment of common 2019 coronal Efficacy and safety of patients with viral disease

Journal of Zhejiang University (Medical Edition) March 2020 JOURNALOFZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY March 2020 has comparable efficacy and low toxicity. As a traditional "old medicine", hydroxychloroquine sulfate has higher safety, so it is one of the drugs with potential curative effect on COVID-19. This study is a single-center, prospective, randomized, and open-label study designed to provide a data base for exploring the next step in the study of the effectiveness and safety of hydroxychloroquine sulfate in the treatment of COVID-19. 1 Subjects and Methods 1.1 Subjects Collected 30 COVID-19 confirmed patients who were hospitalized in Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center from February 6 to 25, 2020. Inclusion criteria: Age ≥18 years, COVID-19 was diagnosed according to the "diagnosis and treatment plan" and informed consent was signed. Exclusion criteria: ① Patients who are allergic to chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine; ② Pregnant women; ③ Patients with serious diseases such as heart, lung, kidney, brain, blood and other organs with insufficiency; ④ Retinal disease, hearing loss or hearing loss Patients; ⑤ Patients with severe neurological or psychiatric disorders; ⑥ Researchers who believe that they cannot complete the study as required or are not suitable to participate in the research. 1.2 Grouping and treatment methods Subjects were randomly assigned to the experimental group and the control group according to a ratio of 1: 1. The test group received conventional treatment plus oral chlorochloroquine sulfate 400 mg once daily for 5 days; the control group received only conventional treatment, including bed rest, oxygen inhalation, symptomatic supportive treatment, and the antiviral drugs recommended in the "diagnosis and treatment plan" Such as alpha interferon nebulization, oral lopinavir / ritonavir (clitzhi), etc., if necessary, give antibacterial drugs. All subjects were screened on the day of admission, completed randomization and started treatment (including antiviral therapy). There were no significant differences in general demographics, clinical manifestations, laboratory findings, and chest CT findings between the two groups at the time of enrollment (Table 1). All patients received alpha interferon nebulization, while 12 (80.0%) of the experimental group received abidol; 10 of the control group (66.7%) received abidol, and 2 (13.3%) Received lopinavir / ritonavir treatment. This study was approved by the Ethics Committee of Shanghai Public Health

3 Discussion "Diagnosis and treatment plan" recommends chloroquine phosphate as one of the COVID-19 antiviral treatment plans. As of February 25, 2020, there have been as many as 21 studies on the treatment of COVID-19 with chloroquine in the China Clinical Trial Registry (http://www.chictr.org.cn/). Chloroquine (500 mg, 2 times / d for 10 days) or hydroxychloroquine sulfate (400 mg, 1 time / d for 10 to 14 days) [9]. 80% of patients with COVID-19 are mild or common. All patients in this document are of the common type. The results show that the standard dose of hydroxychloroquine sulfate (400 mg, once per day) treatment has not shown clinical effects in improving patient symptoms and accelerating virological suppression. It is worth noting that the vast majority of patients in the data in this article returned to normal after 1 (0 to 3) days after enrollment, and virus nucleic acids could not be detected in 2 (1 to 4) days of throat swabs.

I'm copying and pasting a few pages  into google translation. Thanks for the link

Edited by FrFan

9 hours ago, twa said:

I wonder how much states pissed away on alt energy ect while neglecting virus prevention/ preperation?

Seems like that should be an effort lead and directed by the federal government. 

if only we had an agency and task forces for it. Whoops, I mean if only we founded them properly and listened to their warnings. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

Seems like that should be an effort lead and directed by the federal government. 

if only we had an agency and task forces for it. Whoops, I mean if only we founded them properly and listened to their warnings. 

by the feds and states in our system.

but looking at why emergency reserves were not replenished during all the stimulus spending might be good when we have time

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Don't mince words Larry. Just say the guy is a ****ing moron and no one should listen to him.

Still a republican and has to play politics as such. Which is the only thing I dont like about him right now. He has been a good example otherwise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twa said:

but looking at why emergency reserves were not replenished during all the stimulus spending might be good when we have time

Are you actually blaming Obama? 

Just now, Llevron said:

Still a republican and has to play politics as such. Which is the only thing I dont like about him right now. He has been a good example otherwise.  

You can't get elected in Maryland if you're the moronic Republican type that primarily exists in the south. Hogan is a good governor. I like him too.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:
#BothSides

Only one side matters. People with money who are not going to expose themselves to this personally are ready for all the ants to get back to ****ing work and make them money again. And the President is receiving the message. We spent so much time worrying about his Russian masters we forgot about the ones he has here. 

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You can't get elected in Maryland if you're the moronic Republican type that primarily exists in the south. Hogan is a good governor. I like him too.

I hate that I like him but hes good at what he does. Glad he is in charge right now. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, twa said:

I see the morning orders have gone out.  

The Republican cuts to preparedness for pandemic emergencies are not important.  What's important is that somebody else didn't step forward and compensate for the Republican changes that aren't important.  

• Like 3