Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

He’s stopped downplaying the situation and started acting closer to what people expect from their President.  It don't think it means people have forgotten what he did last week, but we’re in crisis right now. 

Right, I don't like how the question is phrased, a lot of people in his defense will jump to how he's handling it right this very moment.  An overall critique will still be skewed by this reality.  This poll should've been done right around his primetime address.

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

They'll give him credit for providing transportation

For their own bodies or that of their family/friends?

We have such low standards

This is key, too much is being looked through the prism of "ah, he can spell his name in crayon now".  F this dude.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 4

What the **** is the Orange Turd doing? 

From the Bllomberg article:

Trump Told Governors to Buy Own Virus Supplies, Then Outbid Them

President Donald Trump’s directive for governors to buy their own medical supplies to fight the coronavirus has run into a big problem -- the federal government.

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker told Trump during a video conference on Thursday that his state three times lost out to the federal government on purchases of critical supplies, creating an awkward moment during the made-for-TV event at Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters in Washington.

“I’ve got a feeling that if someone has the chance to sell to you and to sell to me, I am going to lose on every one of those,” a sheepish-sounding Baker told Trump, who chuckled at the remark.

The president replied he still wants governors to seek out their own medical equipment, like protective gear for doctors and nurses as well as respirators, but acknowledged the federal government has greater buying power than any state.

Edited by EmirOfShmo

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

What has happened in a week that could possibly make people feel better about this situation? 

We have such low standards

He's been on TV every day doing empty rambling incoherent yet self-congratulatory press conferences. If you aren't paying attention you'd think he was on top of it And he is graded on a massive curve. Basically if he isn't shoving sharpies up his nose, that's the equivalent of this **** face being presidential

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Question for the medical people here...

If someone in my house gets the virus and needs medical attention, what is the best way to go about this without calling an ambulance? Call the hospital and let them know we’re coming? How would this work?

I’m just trying to fill in the details of my plan. I’m responsible for my aunt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If someone in my house gets the virus and needs medical attention, what is the best way to go about this without calling an ambulance? Call the hospital and let them know we’re coming? How would this work?

Some localities have a call-in line that allows you to ask in place of calling 911. May want to check with your local County health department.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

call the facility or EMS , that allows proper precautions for responders and reduces your exposure....most cities are setting up hotlines

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would start with calling your primary care provider.  They may direct you to a particular location/hospital.  They may also be able to best direct you in how to deal with the situation and whether it is worth leaving.

edit:  having seen the other replies, if there is a hotline, I would use it.  I just know my over stressed sister-in-law still gets paged from patients to direct them the best she can because she knows the situation at different treatment centers near her.

Edited by gbear

20 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

There is not a simple answer.  If you feel she is in imminent danger, then certainly call 911.  If it is less urgent, then I would call primary provider.  Different areas are taking different approaches to testing for COVID19.  In my area, we have a phone triage system for the sick (but not critical) patients that routes people to controlled drive-through testing.  I'm not sure what the approach in your area would be, but I would expect the primary physicians in the area to know.  

• Thanks 2

Close-up photograph of Donald Trump's printed remarks at the press conference yesterday shows "Corona" crossed out in black sharpie and "Chinese" handwritten in.

image.png.f33283497869d9e6f476707caf8220cc.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-takes-direct-aim-at-china-as-known-us-infections-double-and-criticism-mounts/2020/03/19/6df10828-6a06-11ea-abef-020f086a3fab_story.html

Edited by Dan T.
  • Sad 2

Experience re: my wife.

99% certain she has atrocious allergies. But she's never had seasonal allergies this bad, and she feels like crap. There was a point on Wednesday when she had back aches and felt warm ... she looked like crap. Def. looked like she had the flu. She called her primary (she's very healthy, never goes to doctor) ... and answered a bunch of questions ... and basically they said she didn't qualify for the drive-through testing because she didn't have a cough or a fever. Her biggest concern is she is in health care (she's closed down for the time being) but that she would want to know if she was exposed. She hasn't seen patients since last Thursday. I've been teleworking ... she's been closed down, and neither of us have left the house since Sunday to be safe.

But I assume if you called your PCP and said your aunt was 65, had a fever and a cough and flu symptoms, that they would have signed her off for a test.

28 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Call your doctor and follow their advice. It’ll be to quarantine and get tested and monitor symptoms. 

if things get bad they’ll tell you to report to the local hospital. 

keep away from others. Including other members in the household. 

im not a medical professional. That’s just my current understanding. Call your doctor. 

Nevada ex-beauty queen Katie Williams, proud MAGA person and a candidate for local school board, tweeted a response to AOC's exhortation to practice social distancing:

The responses are probably not what she expected.