Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

They can cancel it, last I checked turn over of power still occurs.  Basically needs an election to stay in power.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/what-if-trump-tried-to-cancel-the-november-election.html

Basically if Trump tries to cancel the election, it would make Pelosi the next president at the end of his first term next Janurary.

Yet the house is up for re-election also so wouldn’t Pelosi’s term end too if no election 

Edited by maxiumone
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, maxiumone said:

Yet the house is up for re-election also so wouldn’t Pelosi’s term end too if no election 

I mean, this really should be in another thread. If dems control the house, her replacement will be as well...

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, this really should be in another thread. If dems control the house, her replacement will be as well...

Agree and last post on this. The whole Congress is up for re-election all of their terms will be up. I need to read more on it was just a question and a scary one

• Like 1

I posted few days ago that my fear out here was that this thing has been in this part of the state for awhile now. That,as with everywhere else,not enough testing had been done,(the parameters were so far behind as to what was going one everywhere else,and this would allow this little ****er to sneak up on folks up here.  There are reports of people showing all the symptoms of COVID-19 but they are not getting tested for various reasons. Most recently,(today),because the fever wasn't high enough. This person was in the hospital as a patient. Let's just say they're now scrambling behind the scenes. Add to that what I heard from a friend who was at the ER of one of the hospitals early Monday morning and what I saw yesterday at work. Guy walking around,(employee),wearing a hoodie and heavy lined coat over that.  Went outside a lot,(it's still winter here),and kept his distance as much as possible from people. No cough,but clearly trying to stay warm. I put this in my keep a close eye category. Lot's of folks in this neck of the woods still not buying into this thing. :) 

Oh.  And I appreciate the self policing on the whole government what if topic. 

• Like 5

I find it odd that you hear reports from one source that the symptoms are generally mild and usually most severe in 70+ aged patients... then from an different source that you hear that 20% of the hospital cases are 20-40 year olds and people in their 40’s are on respirators.

It seems like we are either Severely underestimating what we’re up against or certain sources are hyping things.

• Like 2

Had one person last night now 2 people tell me today that people they know that are high up told them a shutdown for Maryland is coming this weekend. I’m still skeptical until it happens, but 3 people telling me basically the same thing deserves a little thought.

5 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Had one person last night now 2 people tell me today that people they know that are high up told them a shutdown for Maryland is coming this weekend. I’m still skeptical until it happens, but 3 people telling me basically the same thing deserves a little thought.

Heard from 2 different people (in completely different states) with military ranks they may be sending national guard and instituting military law for a quarantine of the country soon and that it was supposedly discussed In A meeting this am but nothing set in stone yet

56 minutes ago, bearrock said:

How much will they charge the government for use of those ships? ....

It's there way if ensuring a bailout.

If they are serious and load it up with supplies, this could be top 10 smart to help isolate folks and move these "floating hospitals" to where they are needed.

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Heard from 2 different people (in completely different states) with military ranks they may be sending national guard and instituting military law for a quarantine of the country soon and that it was supposedly discussed In A meeting this am but nothing set in stone yet

It would probably be for the best. Regular law and order wont be sufficient in a few weeks as cabin fever sets in. People are already getting their houses broken into in one of my friends neighborhood

• Sad 1

I wouldn't call Elko a wide spot in the road even if it is basically in the "middle of nowhere". Little over 4 hours from Reno and about 4.5 to 5 from Salk Lake City. I80 goes right through it. Decent sized mining town.  Beatty however,well now that's a wide spot in the road about 2 hours North of Vegas.  Honestly,if it wasn't for the fact that 395 is the main drag there and down to just 2 lanes at 25 mph,you could almost blink and miss it.  This thing is getting around. :( 

• Sad 1