Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 hours ago, Skintime said:

They want to distract trump's failures to manage this for the first 3 weeks. Language is easy to deal with, the deaths because of his inaction will not be.

No, those are easy too when you have a country of mostly moron voters...in key states. He’ll spin it to show how Dear Leader’s epic heroics saved us from an even worse fate.

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Of course they can. Why do you think we call ‘em devils?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't coronavirus a family of viruses?  Isn't influenza and the common cold not in that family, but also their own families as well?

I can see calling it all flu season if he spikes every winter with the others, but it does different things and needs different treatments. 

What's makes it different is it's different, most of us don't have antibodies for coronaviruses at all, right?

The common cold is a coronavirus. It is a milder version of it. Covid-19 is a new strain of a coronavirus not seen in humans before. Your immune system does make antibodies to fight off infections like it is doing with people who are getting infected with covid-19. Your body makes 2000 antibodies per second to find the right key to the lock so to speak and kill it.  People with weaker immune system or underlying respiratory system issues are the one that need special treatment and hospitalization because their body can't fight the virus on its own. 

The seasonal flu virus is a totally different family of viruses which also cause respiratory infections as well that sometimes leads to pneumonia. Flu can also kill people as well. 

More at this link here: https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

The following is pretty informative on antibodies for covid-19. 

Johns Hopkins Experts Are Trying a Clever Antibody Method From The 1890s on COVID-19

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-classic-therapy-from-the-1890s-could-help-protect-against-coronavirus-experts-say

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bcl05 said:

I haven't slept well in days.  The stress level at my hospital is palpable.  Next few weeks are going to be rough.

I wish you all the very best lots of courage and stay safe. I have a nurse girlfriend who told me yesterday that her surgery unit has been transformed into a resuscitation unit to treat people sent by the main local hospital. She is very exhausted and under a lot of stress. In some parts of eastern France meds have to choose who's going to live or not because they are running out of respiratory units.

We faced more dangerous plagues in the past, been through terrible wars, and we survived them. We must hang in there and I'm sure we're going to beat it.

Until then take care of yourselves

Edited by FrFan

STATE CASES DEATHS
New York 4,152 29
Washington 1,228 75
California 1,044 19
New Jersey 742 9
Florida 438 8
Illinois 422 4
Louisiana 392 10
Michigan 334 3
Massachusetts 328 0
Georgia 288 10
Colorado 277 3
Texas 234 3
Pennsylvania 187 1
Connecticut 159 1
Wisconsin 155 2
Tennessee 155 0
Ohio 120 0
Maryland 108 1
North Carolina 103 0
Nevada 99 1
Virginia 95 2
Minnesota 89 0
Oregon 88 3
South Carolina 81 1
Utah 80 0
Alabama 78 0
District of Columbia 71 0
Arkansas 62 0
Indiana 56 2
Maine 52 0
Mississippi 50 0
Arizona 47 0
Nebraska 47 0
Kentucky 47 2
Rhode Island 44 0
New Hampshire 44 0
Oklahoma 44 1
Iowa 44 0
Kansas 35 1
New Mexico 35 0
Missouri 33 1
Delaware 30 0
Hawaii 26 0
Idaho 23 0
Vermont 22 2
North Dakota 19 0
Wyoming 18 0
Montana 15 0
South Dakota 14 1
Alaska 12 0
Guam 12 0
Puerto Rico 6 0
West Virginia 5 0
Virgin Islands 3 0

HOW VIRUS WAS CONTRACTED CASES
Personal contact in U.S. 185
Cluster connected to a community in New Rochelle, N.Y. 113
Travel overseas 112
Travel within the U.S. 86
Nursing facility in Kirkland, Wash. 59
Travel in Egypt 48
Diamond Princess cruise ship 43
Long-term care facility in DuPage County, Ill. 42
Travel in Italy 39
Business conference in Boston 30
Senior living facility in New Orleans 24
Grand Princess cruise in February 21
Grand Princess cruise in March 21
Travel in China 15
Veterans Home in Lebanon, Ore. 14
Senior living facility in Colorado Springs 6
Connected to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 4
Hospital in Vacaville, Calif. 3
Nursing facility in Stanwood, Wash. 3
Travel in South Korea 2
Travel in Iran 2
Connected to Episcopal church in Washington, D.C. 2
Unknown 11,518
Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It'll probably flip when they start carting off bodies in trucks like they are in Jtaly right now.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/italy-military-coronavirus-dead-bodies-bergamo-cremated-funerals

Wait until a Jenner or a Kardashian gets it and dies from it, that'll be the wakeup call.

Not hoping for that, btw, but the amount of dumb kids out there who were still partying on spring break was alarming.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It'll probably flip when they start carting off bodies in trucks like they are in Jtaly right now.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/italy-military-coronavirus-dead-bodies-bergamo-cremated-funerals

They'll give him credit for providing transportation

What has happened in a week that could possibly make people feel better about this situation? 

We have such low standards

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

What has happened in a week that could possibly make people feel better about this situation? 

He went from claiming the virus doesn't exist, to claiming (falsely) that he's doing something about it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

He’s stopped downplaying the situation and started acting closer to what people expect from their President.  I don't think it means people have forgotten what he did last week, but we’re in crisis right now. 

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

trump is doing what he does best when heat comes his way. "People aren't happy with me? wait, $1,000 is coming your way so shut up".