Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL some trump supporter that I’m fb friends with shared a fb post that says “the Spanish flu has been called the Spanish flu for 107 years, why is it suddenly racist to call the China virus the China virus?” 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

How do people think this is ok? How? HOW?

Co-worker of mine in a work group chat decided to tell us how stupid it is for people to call it racist blah blah blah. 

I ask why they can’t just call it by it’s name. Crickets. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL some trump supporter that I’m fb friends with shared a fb post that says “the Spanish flu has been called the Spanish flu for 107 years, why is it suddenly racist to call the China virus the China virus?” 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

How do people think this is ok? How? HOW?

perhaps by the time it’s done it will be named the the italian flu or the american flu...

15 minutes ago, visionary said:

https://theintercept.com/2015/05/07/congress-argues-cant-investigated-insider-trading/

https://investmentu.com/why-congressional-insider-trading-legal-profitable/

By the letter of the law, it is. In 2012, President Obama signed the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act.

This law sought to crack down on white-collar crime in Washington. Among other provisions, it instituted strict disclosure requirements for congressmen who were buying and selling securities.

At first, the law worked like a charm. The number of stock transactions made by congressmen plunged more than 50% from 2011 to 2012. Those who kept trading had to post their trades to a searchable online database.         

But then, just a year after the STOCK Act was passed, Congress amended it in a quick procedural vote. Surprise, surprise – it got rid of the online disclosure requirement.

@Nerm is correct. They can legally do this. 

• Sad 1

Isn't coronavirus a family of viruses?  Isn't influenza and the common cold not in that family, but also their own families as well?

I can see calling it all flu season if he spikes every winter with the others, but it does different things and needs different treatments. 

What's makes it different is it's different, most of us don't have antibodies for coronaviruses at all, right?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't coronavirus a family of viruses?  Isn't influenza and the common cold not in that family, but also their own families as well?

I can see calling it all flu season if he spikes every winter with the others, but it does different things and needs different treatments. 

What's makes it different is it's different, most of us don't have antibodies for coronaviruses at all, right?

It’s a new variant of the same old same old, if i understand your question right. We don’t have immunity to it because we haven’t been exposed, it makes us good carriers. For most people, our bodies can figure out how to defeat the beast...

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Co-worker of mine in a work group chat decided to tell us how stupid it is for people to call it racist blah blah blah. 

I ask why they can’t just call it by it’s name. Crickets. 

I think it is stupid and juvenile for Trump to be calling it the Chinese Virus.  I also think that he did so for the exact purpose of gas-lighting people into discussing the issue.  He very much wants a bunch of tweets and oped articles expressing outrage about his racist language.  I believe he already has his future stump speeches ready to talk about how "when I was trying to save American lives while battling the  biggest crisis facing this country in decades, all the media could focus on was saying I was racist for stating where the virus originated".  He has used this tactic so many times, but it keeps working.  Getting people who hate him to start arguing about his language is exactly what he wanted to happen when he chose to use those words.

This is a youtube video that is extremely popular with Trump supporters right now.  They love this stuff:

• Like 4