Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

22 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Are these doctors checking industrial companies and supplier for N95 masks? Drywall guys, concrete, etc all have to use n95 masks to protect against the inhalation of silica and other harmful particles. They should have some to spare to our medical people.

They are sold out in the hardest hit areas, specifically NYC area. Mentioned earlier that I bought some at my hardware store and shipped them to a family member who is an ER Nurse in NYC.

They’re available, just not where they are needed the most. 

Sure would be nice if we had an effective govt response to get the needed PPE and get it to the right place. 

edit- reiterating my request that if anyone else can get their hands on them and doesn’t mind chipping in $100 or so worth of supplies (these damn masks aren’t cheap), let me know via PM and I can get you an address to send them 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

They are sold out in the hardest hit areas, specifically NYC area. Mentioned earlier that I bought some at my hardware store and shipped them to a family member who is an ER Nurse in NYC.

They’re available, just not where they are needed the most. 

Sure would be nice if we had an effective govt response to get the needed PPE and get it to the right place. 

I feel you.

I'm sending emails to my suppliers who have access to warehouses across the nation to see what their doing to help out with hard hit hospitals.

If the govt. won't do ****, then we have too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, visionary said:

It all started when Alexander asked Trump if his “impulse to put a positive spin on things” could be giving Americans a “false sense of hope” amid the pandemic. The president explained he had a “good feeling” about possible solutions the FDA is working on.

“Let’s see what happens, we have nothing to lose,” Trump said.

Alexander interrupted the next reporter who was called on and shouted, “What do you say to Americans who are scared?”

“I say that you’re a terrible reporter. That’s what I say,” Trump fired back.

“I think that’s a very nasty question and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people,” Trump said. “The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope. And you’re doing sensationalism and, the same with NBC and Con-cast. I don’t call it Comcast, I call it Con-cast”

Trump then pointed at Alexander and said, “That’s really bad reporting,” and urged him to “get back to reporting instead of sensationalism.”

“You ought to be ashamed of yourself,” Trump said before moving on to the next reporter.

NBC News did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-spars-reporters-coronavirus-briefing

Edited by ClaytoAli

I’m hearing rumors of national guard deployment with total lockdown again. 

I pointed out I heard the same earlier in the week and was told 24-48 hours and it didn’t happen. Response was: yeah, some other things had to happen first. They’ve happened. Order to gear up for 30 days has been issued. 

idk what to think. Comes from a usually credible source. Idk

ive heard it from multiple sources and the story is the same except timeline is sorta not definitive. Most say “soon” 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m hearing rumors of national guard deployment with total lockdown again. 

I pointed out I heard the same earlier in the week and was told 24-48 hours and it didn’t happen. Response was: yeah, some other things had to happen first. They’ve happened. Order to gear up for 30 days has been issued. 

idk what to think. Comes from a usually credible source. Idk

ive heard it from multiple sources and the story is the same except timeline is sorta not definitive. Most say “soon” 

If it's another one of those "my cousin's neighbor's grandfather's niece's best friend's server at Morton's" rumors, that agency is the LOL, the BSA, or IDK.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

There is no reason to lock down states with small numbers of the virus. Like sub 500... the nation can’t sustain itself without workers....

It’s a very good thing that someone like you has no role in public policy. And that’s accounting for the monumentally stupid people currently in charge. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

in va they did about 2000 tests on people they thought had it but only around 100 have it thus far...  it doesn’t seem that wide spread in some states...

Half a percent may may not sound like a lot, but looking at just applied to Virginia total population of about 8,500,000 that would average out to 42,500 if that's where it stopped at. 

Apply the death rate to that, that's why these small percentages against large numbers are taken so seriously.  We've gone from hoping its not a global pandemic to hoping the numbers don't overwhelm every states health care system vs a handful.

Edit:checked math, your still wrong for saying this doesn't matter @CousinsCowgirl84

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If it's another one of those "my cousin's neighbor's grandfather's niece's best friend's server at Morton's" rumors, that agency is the LOL, the BSA, or IDK.

it’s not. 

but yeah, your point stands and I’m aware... 

that’s why I called it a rumor 

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Half a percent may may not sound like a lot, but looking at just applied to Virginia total population of about 8,500,000 that would average out to 450,000 if that's where it stopped at. 

Apply the death rate to that, that's why these small percentages against large numbers are taken so seriously.  We've gone from hoping its not a global pandemic to hoping the numbers don't overwhelm every states health care system vs a handful.

It makes no since to apply the numbers to the state like that though, since most of the people tested were people who were sick without the flu...

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It makes no since to apply the numbers to the state like that though, since most of the people tested were people who were sick without the flu...

This is why I'm glad you aren't in charge.  The economy doesn't matter if too many people start dying.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why I'm glad you aren't in charge.  The economy doesn't matter if too many people start dying.

I’m glad I’m not in charge as well... I just keep coming back to what is the mortality rate of a globally depressed economy. People keep saying it doesn’t matter, the economy will be weak either way.  I’m not sure people are incapable of doing more damage than is necessary. 

We will see it play out, that’s the most frightening thing about it.  People like to feel like they have control over things, even when they don’t.

ultimately so far all I got to do is talk about. Some people here have to live it.... 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1