Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

there is no such thing as HLS lol.  national guard vehicles were in baltimore because they were driving to fedex to set up a testing center there.  holy **** you post some bad info. 

Catch up, chief.  I realize you got pumped to call me out and probably quit scrolling, but I posted it was a typo and was in no way trying to act as if it’s some top secret, solid information in the first place.  Nor would I call it info, considering I was not passing anything as fact.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Catch up, chief.  I realize you got pumped to call me out and probably quit scrolling, but I posted it was a typo and was in no way trying to act as if it’s some top secret, solid information in the first place.  Nor would I call it info, considering I was not passing anything as fact.

the fact that you though there was something called HLS is real is funny.  There is no spelling mistake between DHS and HLS

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I saw some photos from Baltimore today of an abundance of national guard vehicles posted up downtown.  

Hard to say what is BS and what is not.

FedEx Field Could Become COVID-19 Testing Site; National Guard Helping Set Up

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-latest-national-guard-caravan-baltimore-fedex-field/

https://www.gamestop.com/preventive-measures.html

Updated March 20 @ 9:00am CDT

While GameStop is best known as a provider of gaming and home entertainment systems, we also offer a wide array of products and devices that are important to facilitate remote work, distance learning, and virtual connectivity. As millions of Americans face unprecedented challenges adapting to virtual learning, working and interaction, there is significant need for technology solutions and we are one of many providers of these products that are remaining open at this time. Schools, businesses and families are now suddenly dependent on being able to connect through technology. While there are many businesses and organizations far more critical than ours, we believe we can have a positive impact during this very challenging time. The health and safety of our employees and customers is of utmost importance and we have and will continue to take extensive precautions consistent with CDC guidelines. We are complying with all state, county, city and local ordinances and we will continue to adjust to any future developments.

GameStop is working diligently during this unprecedented time to provide our customers and associates with the safest environment possible. We are implementing changes to our retail operations so that we may continue to provide products to our customers that allows them to stay connected, and provide products that allows business and consumers to work remotely.

Specific actions we have taken include:

• Instituting multiple social distancing practices in our stores, up to 10 people in the store, including store associates.
  • Following CDC recommended guidelines to adopt in-store line management practices that creates a 6-foot parameter between customers in checkout lines.
  • Reducing our store hours of operation to 12 – 8 p.m., which will be in place until Sunday, March 29th.
  • Rolling out delivery @ door service to allow customers to pick up their purchases at the front door of our U.S. store locations.
  • Suspending temporarily our video game and consumer electronics trade-in practices until further notice.
  • Postponing all gaming events and midnight launch activities until further notice.
  • Disabling temporarily all interactive gaming stations in our stores.
  • Encouraging customers to leverage our online ecommerce capabilities and direct deliveries to their homes from our warehouses or stores.

We are all in this together. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic closely and adjusting our business practices to align with CDC recommended guidelines.

Dear GameStop Customers:

The customer is at the core of everything we do, and in light of the World Health Organization declaring the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic, our top priority is keeping our customers, associates and communities safe as we continue to closely monitor the situation.

We have assembled an internal COVID-19 taskforce dedicated solely to this issue and have instructed our associates to follow the procedures and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stem the spread of COVID-19.

In response, GameStop is taking the following steps:

• We are providing all our stores with the necessary supply of disinfectant materials and hand sanitizer to frequently clean high-touch surfaces to kill germs and ensure our stores are a safe environment for both our customers and store associates.
  • All associates have been instructed to stay home if they are sick and are experiencing any flu-like symptoms related to COVID-19, no matter how mild, and until they have been cleared by a medical professional to return to work.
  • We want to remind all customers to consult the CDC for COVID-19 symptom information and request that you follow recommended self-quarantine guidelines if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, no matter how mild. You can visit GameStop.com or the GameStop mobile app to make your video game purchases from the comfort of your home.

As we all adjust to the new precautionary measures that everyone is taking to help prevent the spread of this virus, we want to reassure you that your safety and well-being continues to be our top priority.

At GameStop, we take great pride in having the most passionate and knowledgeable store associates in the video game industry. We welcome you to visit any of our more than 5,400 global locations, but if you have any concerns, please know that our associates are only a phone call away to answer any gaming or collectible questions you may have.

To help simplify your shopping experience, we want to remind you to also visit GameStop.com or the GameStop mobile app, which offers Buy Online Pickup at Store to make your digital shopping experience seamless, personal and faster.

We are all in this together. That’s what makes the gaming community so strong and special. Thank you for being a valued customer and doing your part in helping our communities be a safer environment – game on.

Sincerely,

george_signature

George Sherman

Chief Executive Officer, GameStop

• Like 2

Trump is doing more harm than help.  Trump doesn't have the authority to clear a drug, and in fact declared chlorquine approved when it is not.  But anyway:

Drug cleared by Trump, FDA for coronavirus testing also found in fish tanks -- and prices online are soaring

President Trump announced in a press conference Thursday that chloroquine phosphate -- a substance found in drugs used to treat malaria and severe arthritis -- was cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to test as a treatment for the coronavirus.

That same substance, outside its pharmaceutical form, is used as an additive in aquariums to kill microscopic organisms that might harm fish and other aquatic animals. And, the prices for chloroquine phosphate have surged online in late February and early March, according to a study published Thursday, sparking fears that people may be ingesting the fish-tank additive in the hope it will combat COVID-19 illnesses.

The study, conducted by Storyful before Trump named the drug publicly Thursday, analyzed three identical listings from the same eBay seller, “thechemicalsource,” who opened bids on bottles of chloroquine phosphate used in aquariums for one week. Between February 25 and March 2, the price paid for a single 25-gram bottle of chloroquine phosphate skyrocketed from $9.99 to more than $500, the study said. The seller warned in each listing that the substance was not for human consumption.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1