Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

52 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m hearing rumors of national guard deployment with total lockdown again. 

I pointed out I heard the same earlier in the week and was told 24-48 hours and it didn’t happen. Response was: yeah, some other things had to happen first. They’ve happened. Order to gear up for 30 days has been issued. 

idk what to think. Comes from a usually credible source. Idk

ive heard it from multiple sources and the story is the same except timeline is sorta not definitive. Most say “soon” 

My wife heard this from a friend of a friend who's parents or someone works high up in the government.  But she heard this LAST TUESDAY while we were in St. Thomas.

It is all just a bunch of bull****.  There is so much fake news out there and people just eat that **** up and it spreads like wildfire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Half a percent may may not sound like a lot, but looking at just applied to Virginia total population of about 8,500,000 that would average out to 42,500 if that's where it stopped at. 

Uh, 100 out of 2000 is 5%.  Not 0.5.  Multiply your scenario by 10.  

42 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It’s a very good thing that someone like you has no role in public policy. And that’s accounting for the monumentally stupid people currently in charge. 

39 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

well a nation lock down hasn’t happened yet... 

So, your point is that someone like you does have a role in public policy?  

I agree with you.  

Which is why this epidemic is probably going to kill 5-10 times as many people as it could have.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I just keep coming back to what is the mortality rate of a globally depressed economy.

. . . and them just announcing that it's worse than what may be (I don;t know, myself) the deadliest disease since the invention of antibiotics.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m glad I’m not in charge as well... I just keep coming back to what is the mortality rate of a globally depressed economy. People keep saying it doesn’t matter, the economy will be weak either way.  I’m not sure people are incapable of doing more damage than is necessary. 

We will see it play out, that’s the most frightening thing about it.  People like to feel like they have control over things, even when they don’t.

ultimately so far all I got to do is talk about. Some people here have to live it.... 

Honestly, I don't have no problems with you, we just disagree on stuff, is what it is.

What I can say is I don't believe we can't save the economy until we resolve the pandemic first. 

Ebola has a much higher kill rate, but it's not everywhere.  We got a glimpse of what that looks like in the last two outbreaks this century, we would lose the economy anyway if we tried to prioritize the economy first over lives first, we have to get this virus resolved first. The lives are the economy.

The risk you are worried about doesn't cease whether we take this approach or not.  People are going to be scared to go outside regardless of the bodies start piling.  I wouldn't go do Disney World even if they were open right now, would you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techboy said:

Bloomberg's team has already said they're going to be pouring all those resources into supporting Biden in the general. Those ads will be BRUTAL.

YAAAASSSSS!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761119fb979bedbf188a13

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Is that supposed to make Trump look good?

It does to his cult, which is all he really cares about.

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

people are so stupid, and proud of it

Yeah, now is the worst time in modern history for "Teens to be teens"

The price to pay might be their life (as in such behavior might get them murdered)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

The way some dumbasses are acting, I honestly wouldn't mind a national lockdown.  FFS....

I agree.

If the data coming out of China now is to be believed, it took draconian measures to get there. That population is used to it, though.  

I’ve also heard from a family member that is a director for DHS that there is a lot of talk amongst the higher-ups of a nationwide lockdown.  That was on Tuesday of this week. He said within a week.  

I saw some photos from Baltimore today of an abundance of national guard vehicles posted up downtown.  

Hard to say what is BS and what is not.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve also heard from a family member that is a director for HLS that there is a lot of talk amongst the higher-ups of a nationwide lockdown.  That was on Tuesday of this week. He said within a week.  

I saw some photos from Baltimore today of an abundance of national guard vehicles posted up downtown.  

I dont have **** to do except telework, watch tv shows and talk on the phone. I'm not sweating anything until I see tanks and other military vehicles rolling down the street

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve also heard from a family member that is a director for HLS that there is a lot of talk amongst the higher-ups of a nationwide lockdown.  That was on Tuesday of this week. He said within a week.  

Can I ask what department is HLS? Are you talking about DHS?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont have **** to do except telework, watch tv shows and talk on the phone. I'm not sweating anything until I see tanks and other military vehicles rolling down the street

I'd jus have to convince myself they aren't for me, but then I'd start thinking about if I can even go to my parents or sister if they are in trouble.  That's all I ask, I can keep myself busy as well.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd jus have to convince myself they aren't for me, but then I'd start thinking about if I can even go to my parents or sister if they are in trouble.  That's all I ask, I can keep myself busy as well.

Well I guess it's less stressful for me because I know I can't reach my sister or mother (they're both in Miami). Thankfully I have plenty of family down there to look out for them but I can't say I'm not antsy at times thinking about them.

• Like 1