Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

21 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

This snippet from the Falwell article:

The sold-out conference, hosting speakers like Tim Tebow and Marcus Luttrell, was created to “help man take back their Biblical manhood.” With workshops centered around topics like self-defense, hunting, motorcycles and faith, the event sold more than 5,000 tickets.

631_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg?Size=Small-3x3&AttributeValue=NA&c=True&region=%7B%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:3.25,%22height%22:3.25,%22alignment%22:%22TopCenter%22,%22orientation%22:0,%22dpi%22:200,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:600,%22crop_w%22:600,%22scale%22:0,%22template%22:%7B%22id%22:5862134,%22params%22:%7B%7D%7D%7D&Filters=[%7B%22name%22:%22background%22,%22value%22:%22ddddde%22,%22sequence%22:2%7D]c8aa0296540a5071bcf12be145bb5b22.jpgjpeg

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hey, I live here!

Damn, I'm sorry. I am referring to the people that choose to go to that function, not those that live in that area. Unfortunately, due to misinformation by trump and the GOP, those in the area will be in danger.

• Thanks 1

Infected people without symptoms might be driving the spread of coronavirus more than we realized

(CNN) New studies in several countries and a large coronavirus outbreak in Massachusetts bring into question reassuring assertions by US officials about the way the novel virus spreads.

These officials have emphasized that the virus is spread mainly by people who are already showing symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing. If that's true, it's good news, since people who are obviously ill can be identified and isolated, making it easier to control an outbreak.

But it appears that a Massachusetts coronavirus cluster with at least 82 cases was started by people who were not yet showing symptoms, and more than half a dozen studies have shown that people without symptoms are causing substantial amounts of infection.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Larry said:

You checked Amazon?  

We've bought all sorts of livestock over the years  on Heifer International for other people in other countries. I wonder if they deliver here?

I just need to claim to be a struggling subsistence farmer. Certainly I would struggle if I tried to survive on whats growing in my yard today.

I posted some anecdotal information yesterday. Got some information that might revise those impression. 

Roommate is a respiratory therapist at the teaching hospital. And they're working overtime and things right now. 

But it's not entirely because of COVID surge. There's other factors, too. 

Two RTs entered COVID rooms without donning the required protective gear, and are home on two week precautionary quarantine. 

Two others recently vacationed outside the country, and are home on two week precautionary quarantine. 

And one was outside the country on vacation, and couldn't get a return flight before a sudden travel restriction kicked in. 

So some of their workload is due to temporary personnel shortages, which will be ending in a week or two. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just a reminder that Kirk Cousins spoke at Liberty’s convocation a few years back and said that not signing an extension with the Redskins was “God’s Plan”.

I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Allen's plan, and those two are rarely mistaken.