Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would love Diggs on the field, but his diva attitude off the field concerns me.  Especially the effect it would have on an extremely young WR corps. He complains about targets, he complains about his contract, he seems to complain about everything. That’s a headache I’m not sure Rivera will want to deal with. 

I’d wager Rivera would love to have Diggs here. I think he knows how to handle with the diva mentality.

I don't think I would want Diggs. I see him doing exactly what we want Terry to be doing. Diggs is a little speedy guy and while you can never have too much speed it's good to have players who can do different things on the field. In a way, that's why the potential of McLauren, Simms, and Harmon excite me. Harmon is the big, tough position guy. Simms is the electric jitterbug, and Terry is the speedster who scares the hell out of defenses.

The other thing is, by the end of the season, despite bad quarterbacking and a season of iffy playcalling they became a credible unit in their rookie years. Each, hopefully, will be better in their second year. Each has room to grow.

8 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This literally makes no sense.

Elite CBS fall off fast. Assamuah, Revis. While Norman isn’t elite he fits the fall off as well. Was solid his 28/29 year old seasons then began to struggle big time. 

I’m just hesitant to add a CB who is already 30 to a big deal for a team that’s not immediately going to compete. By the time the Skins are tooled up in 2021-2022 Chris Harris will be exciting his prime and probably costing us an arm and a leg. 

34 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Elite CBS fall off fast. Assamuah, Revis. While Norman isn’t elite he fits the fall off as well. Was solid his 28/29 year old seasons then began to struggle big time. 

I’m just hesitant to add a CB who is already 30 to a big deal for a team that’s not immediately going to compete. By the time the Skins are tooled up in 2021-2022 Chris Harris will be exciting his prime and probably costing us an arm and a leg. 

Agreed. I'm hesitant to pay high dollars to any CB, let alone a 30 year old one. Even if they don't fall off a cliff, their play ebbs and flows with the team built around them. I'd rather pay 2 good players in the secondary than 1 elite guy in the secondary.

43 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

You said under though not over.

He could have just realized it was most likely a brain fart on your part but decided to point it out as though it was intentional.  

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would love Diggs on the field, but his diva attitude off the field concerns me.  Especially the effect it would have on an extremely young WR corps. He complains about targets, he complains about his contract, he seems to complain about everything. That’s a headache I’m not sure Rivera will want to deal with. 

Diggs is a mini AB. I'd pass. Watch some vikings locker room videos, he's the guy everyone says they wouldn't want their sister dating, and he's a hell of a diva. He complains about literally everything.. throws temper tantrums on the sideline.. the guy is a timebomb waiting to happen. I guarantee he won't play his contract out without demanding a new one in a year or two.

25 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You said under though not over.

He could have just realized it was most likely a brain fart on your part but decided to point it out as though it was intentional.  

Ah. I completely missed that. Thanks. Yep, I meant OVER 28 haha. The reason being I wouldn’t want to be paying elite money for more than 1 year of a CB at or over 30 unless that’s a cut-able low guarantee year ala Norman

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Is he emotional?  Yes. Is he a diva?  In respects to his teammates and coaches thinking he is a selfish son of a **** who is all about "me?" Not at all.   He is super, super competitive and hates to lose, more then any player I have seen in a long time.  His teammates LOVE him.  I watched way to many Vikings games last year, watched interviews after games.  At first I thought he was super selfish but after listening to other players. and what they said about him, some of his complaints were legitimate.  Also he took responsibility for his stuff as well.  He had a few of his own drops last year, that hurt Vikings at times.  He is super close with Thielen who know that Diggs just wants to win.  Ask any of the Vikings players,  any of the coaches, and to me that is what counts most he does not bother any of them. 

We would be lucky as **** to get him. But I do not believe he would come here. He wants to win. He will be too expensive. But boy would he be great for Haskins.

I think Seattle, or the Packers will go after him.  

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

we actually agree. Sorry to be chirpy. Rough night last night. You usually make good sense and I should have assumed it was a typo.

I’ll add that I think the slower length based QB’s don’t age as well. If you already run a 4.6, you can’t afford to lose that tenth of a second when you get older. 

18 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Is he emotional?  Yes. Is he a diva?  In respects to his teammates and coaches thinking he is a selfish son of a **** who is all about "me?" Not at all.   He is super, super competitive and hates to lose, more then any player I have seen in a long time.  His teammates LOVE him.  I watched way to many Vikings games last year, watched interviews after games.  At first I thought he was super selfish but after listening to other players. and what they said about him, some of his complaints were legitimate.  Also he took responsibility for his stuff as well.  He had a few of his own drops last year, that hurt Vikings at times.  He is super close with Thielen who know that Diggs just wants to win.  Ask any of the Vikings players,  any of the coaches, and to me that is what counts most he does not bother any of them. 

We would be lucky as **** to get him. But I do not believe he would come here. He wants to win. He will be too expensive. But boy would he be great for Haskins.

I thought he was under contract at a average of 12m per year, at that price you've got to sign him in my opinion. 

HTTR 

8 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I thought he was under contract at a average of 12m per year, at that price you've got to sign him in my opinion. 

HTTR 

You are right. The contract is new but I was thinking he may try to negotiate a better deal with another team in a trade. Players do it a lot now.

The Vikings desperately need cap relief and the wide receiver class is very deep this year, so they literally need to trade players for picks IMO, to get more cap room.

54 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

He wants to win but if I'm not mistaken Diggs grew up a Redskins fan so there is a chance he wants to play for us.

I could see him wanting to come if he was indeed a Redskins fan.  The QB would probably target him a lot which should make him happy on a personal level.  If being on a winning team is very important to him, signing with the Redskins will depend on how he sees the team going forward.  Does he see them having a chance at success in the near future?  If he doesn't, then the Redskins are probably not an option.  But if he does...

Reading some of these posts about Diggs, be very careful what you wish for because this team does not need a diva WR when attempting to change the culture if he is, in fact, a diva.

Solid no on diggs.  That is not the mentality we need.  I really like our group.  Let them grow with Haskins.  Focus on getting TEs and Oline.  Ok with getting a lower cost veteran to give advice and replace any injuries.  But not interested in a big bane FA. Let terry and company get those touches.  See what we have before spending huge resources.  

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't think I would want Diggs. I see him doing exactly what we want Terry to be doing. Diggs is a little speedy guy and while you can never have too much speed it's good to have players who can do different things on the field. In a way, that's why the potential of McLauren, Simms, and Harmon excite me. Harmon is the big, tough position guy. Simms is the electric jitterbug, and Terry is the speedster who scares the hell out of defenses.

Diggs can function as both a deep threat and possession guy.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

The bigger issue is that we don’t have a second round pick and I doubt we want to use our first 3rd round pick + something to get him.  

If the team wants/needs to move on from Trent or Dunny, those are pieces you could use in a swap.  

However, I kinda see both guys back here next year.  

I think you’re right, I also think if Brady goes back to NE, that would be a spot also. My read is he’s going to sit down with Bob (NOT BILL) and give him a list of demands or he’ll either play for another team or just retire and spend more time screwing Gisele. (FWIW, I’d take option B regardless. He’s already the GOAT, has nothing to prove to anybody including himself, and Gisele already out earns him.  Just retire and enjoy life.)

The one good thing is it puts another top end WR on the market.  I always thought Cooper was going to NE or Dallas. If the Pats trade for Diggs, then there’s a better chance we could go after cooper.  It add supply to a situation without a lot of supply and a lot of demand. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The bigger issue is that we don’t have a second round pick and I doubt we want to use our first 3rd round pick + something to get him.  

If the team wants/needs to move on from Trent or Dunny, those are pieces you could use in a swap.  

However, I kinda see both guys back here next year.  

I think you’re right, I also think if Brady goes back to NE, that would be a spot also. My read is he’s going to sit down with Bob (NOT BILL) and give him a list of demands or he’ll either play for another team or just retire and spend more time screwing Gisele. 

The one good thing is it puts another top end WR on the market.  I always thought Cooper was going to NE or Dallas. If the Pats trade for Diggs, then there’s a better chance we could go after cooper.  It add supply to a situation without a lot of supply and a lot of demand. 

Man i was so thinking that a minute ago. Yup we do not have a second round pick and that to me is an equivalent trade.  I think your spot on there.  

I would like to have Trent back and Dunny back.  Not sure Dunbar helped himself with his public conversation of discontent but he is underpaid at this point.  Still this is one thing I think Gruden did well if he moved him from WR to the CB position if I am not mistaken. Because he is pretty darn good and with Del Rio he would really be able to maximize his abilities and then get that nice contract or move on.   But I know it is a very short career in the NFL and you want to maximize your dollars.

I wouldnt put Diggs and AB in the same sentence.  I think it's become abundantly clear AB is on a whole other shelf.  To me, Diggs is in the upper end of the normal diva WR spectrum.  You probably got your Larry Fitzgerald types on one end.  Your model citizen types that dont complain and quietly do their job regardless of anything else.  

Then you got people like Keenan Allen and OBJ in the middle, who speak their mind, but otherwise arent disruptive. 

Then you got Diggs on the other end with the dudes who are mouthy, but throw tantrums on and off the field, make demands, etc.  AB has a whole other scale that only he's on.

And frankly, Kirk isnt the kind of QB to nip that in the bud and keep his WRs in line.  I dont know if anybody's noticed, but he seems to have a problem meshing with his WRs.  So Diggs and Thielen not loving their QB seems expected.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying I wouldn't be anti-Diggs on his attitude.  Especially in an environment of discipline and adults in charge.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I am stunned that people wouldn’t want Diggs here.

We have one player under contract who I would expect to get over 500/600 receiving yards next season.

I'd be very happy to have Diggs here.  Rivera had Steve Smith and navigated him to 3300 yards over 3 seasons.... and Steve Smith RIPPED that franchise apart, including Rivera, when they decided to move on... Smith now has pretty good things to say about Rivera, other than the removal of the ping pong table. 

Rivera also worked with Cam Newton, who is about as dramatic as you can get on camera.  He doesn't seem to be a malcontent, but that is not a personality that's easy to contain.  I would love to see what Diggs / Mclaurin / Hooper / Sims Jr would look like in a passing game.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Smith tearing apart Carolina isn’t a positive in the Diggs conversation, sir.

I think what they're saying is, Rivera kept Smith in line and kept it together.  All we care about is how they behave when they're with us.  We could care less what they do when we get rid of them.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Smith tearing apart Carolina isn’t a positive in the Diggs conversation, sir.

It was me acknowledging that it happened, not trying to hide something just to fit my narrative, then the follow up point that he now has positive things to say.  It makes me believe that Smith likely was frustrated at the time, and Rivera was caught up in the blast.  

Archived