Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Tedskins 21 said:

What is the likeliness Scherff moves back to Tackle?  Moses is horrible and Brandon played some tackle at Iowa.  Maybe he and Wes can hold down the right side?  

Scherff was a Tackle in college. He was pegged as a pro bowl guard or a good tackle. Not sure he’d benefit from a switch at this point but he’s flexible to play there if needed I guess. Though I don’t think we’ve seen him play OT even with injuries 

I still think with TW having the year off, resting his body from the grind of an NFL season helps.  I think they can get at least 2 good years out of him.  But I just do not think we will get a 3rd good year because of his age, and stepping back into the grind of an NFL season.   I have wanted him back since they signed Rivera and with him wanting $17 mil per year, for 3 years, is too much.  I would rather give him a 2 year contract at $17 mil because I think he can be steady for two more years.  

I think we are best signing Scherff and keeping him at his position.  Really want to lock him down if we can.

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Olsen made no sense to me other than having ties to RR. He has been old and injury prone for years now. It would just be more of what we had.

That's basically how i felt. Honestly, I wished Vernon would have stuck around for one more year at 3 mil and we draft someone. 

17 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

And who is the random internet person claiming Bryce Love might not play again? I may do the unreasonable thing and wait for somebody with credibility to chime in before I take that as gospel.

He said he heard it listening to Finlay's podcast.  But it looks like he deleted the tweet, so probably not true.

We have recent reports of Chris Harris wanting to be done in Denver, with ties to Del Rio. We have Bradberry ready to move on from Carolina with ties to Ron. Give me those 2 guys along with Anthony Harris from the Vikings and we arguably the best secondary in the league.

Starting Corner's. Bradberry, C. Harris, Monroe

Starting Safety's. L. Collins, A. Harris

Eagles declined LB Nigel Bradham's option today making him a free agent. Skins should take a look at him. Bradham was a key piece to the Eagles Super Bowl defense.

7 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

We have recent reports of Chris Harris wanting to be done in Denver, with ties to Del Rio. We have Bradberry ready to move on from Carolina with ties to Ron. Give me those 2 guys along with Anthony Harris from the Vikings and we arguably the best secondary in the league.

You trading Dunbar in this plan?

11 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Most of the players getting cut will say whatever they can and find whatever ties they can with teams to bump up their desirability. 

17 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

lol. Like 50% of our salary cap would be tied up in the secondary. Hilarious but terrible use of resources. I'm sure it would be fun given our front 7 talent mostly being on rookie deals, but it's Madden video game thinking. We aren't signing the top FS and arguably 2 of the top 3 CB's all to huge deals, on top of Collins and his contract lol.

LB: NICK KWIATKOSKI

The Chicago Bears have some decisions to make at linebacker this offseason, as Kwiatkoski, Danny Trevathan and Kevin Pierre-Louis are all unrestricted free agents. Trevathan is the surest bet of that group given his experience and the several solid seasons that he has put together in Chicago, but Kwiatkoski might have the most upside. He doesn't have a season of full-time work under his belt yet, but in his two most recent seasons as a partial starter (2017 and 2019), Kwiatkoski has earned overall grades of 80.5 and 72.6 with well-rounded efforts across run defense, tackling, pass-rushing and in coverage. Those numbers came on 382 snaps and 512 snaps, respectively, so it remains to be seen how he handles a full season with a starter's workload. However, Kwiatkoski has shown enough to be intrigued by what he would look like in that role. 

https://www.pff.com/news/viable-low-cost-options-at-each-position-in-free-agency

Lots of speculation on moves we may make but we should keep in mind that we have no idea how Ron will work free agency. He’s not Bruce Allen and was not calling the shots in Carolina. I hope he’s not like a kid in the candy store and goes after the big names like we used to. Give me some mid level free agents with high upside rather than the Amari Coopers of the world. I’m okay with Bradberry at corner and possibly a higher tier TE but we don't need Cooper or AJ Green. If Olsen is gonna sign with Seattle that’s a good sign that Ron didn’t promise the world to bring in an often injured past his prime TE. 

Yeah Chris Harris would be, IMO a stop-gap on a 2-3 year deal at most. And he makes the most sense for a contender. After seeing how quickly Norman fell off, I would be hesitant to go after any DB under 28.

So Diggs took all Vikings stuff off his Instagram account I guess. All references to the Vikings and it's creating a stir. Assume he's getting dealt soon. Wonder what it would cost.

Looking at the Diggs contract ... he signed a 5 year $70 million extension in 2018. If the Vikings trade him they swallow the remaining $9m guaranteed he is owed (was a total $16m guaranteed at signing).

He would have 4 years left on his deal:

2020: $11.5 million + $600k Roster/Workout Bonus

2021: $12 million + $600k Roster/Workout Bonus

2022: $12 million + $600k Roster/Workout Bonus

2023: $12 million  + $600k Roster/Workout Bonus

That's a pretty great contract for a 26 year old WR ... just sayin' ... I'd offer Dunbar for Diggs straight up. Vikings are in a terrible cap situation ($11m over the cap). They'd only net $1m savings by trading Diggs for Dunbar in 2020 but they are also looking at losing all 3 of their starting CBs.

4 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’d be more interested releasing Sprinkle, signing Olsen, then trading for OJ Howard or Njoku than signing Hooper. 

I remain unconvinced Njoku will actually be that good. He reminds me of a Jared Cook. Physical freak, but a guy that took a long time to really get it. And even then, it wasn't that great. At the right price, I can see it. But Njoku would have to come dirt cheap. I like Howard far more, but suspect he'll cost decent assets too. Which is part of the appeal of a Hooper or a Henry. No draft picks have to be traded. And Njoku and Howard will need to get paid soon too, so money won't be radically different.

Sprinkle is uninspiring, but I see no point in cutting him.

Would love Diggs on the field, but his diva attitude off the field concerns me.  Especially the effect it would have on an extremely young WR corps. He complains about targets, he complains about his contract, he seems to complain about everything. That’s a headache I’m not sure Rivera will want to deal with. 

Archived