Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

57 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Someone smarter than me, please help it make sense. We traded the #2 overall pick for essentially the same thing we would have received had we lost him to free agency. 

confused-what.gif.5dc8cbb8e414ae4754ed5d95df3269d3.gif

We would have got nothing for him if we spent in FA. And with 100 million in cap space we are going to be spending. So yeah. If he isnt in your long term plans. And why would he be, he did nothing here, than you take the 3rd rounder and run. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Listening to the radio Ben Standig reporting the team said getting rid of Chase Young, is addition by subtraction

There was obviously some tension between him and Allen. I remember one time Allen mentioning something about how Young needing to rush the QB along side him or something along those lines. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Listening to the radio Ben Standig reporting the team said getting rid of Chase Young, is addition by subtraction

I was talking with a friend of mine, and it dawned on me who Young reminded me of: Lavar Arrington. Athletic freak, could not put it all together.

• Like 5

If Sweat got a 2nd from the Bears (who will draft so early in the 2nd it's basically a 1st), Young should have gotten more than a 3rd from the 9ers (who will draft so late in the 3rd it's basically a 4th). That being said, I'm glad the team is trading marginal players for draft picks now because under Snyder it was trading draft picks for marginal players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was talking with a friend of mine, and it dawned on me who Young reminded me of: Lavar Arrington. Athletic freak, could not put it all together.

I've been making that comparison for years.  I also liked the comparison of the 2 to Orakpo. Good players, 6-8 sacks a year, but seldom game wreckers.  I'm just glad my team won't be paying huge contracts to players who just are not elite.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've been making that comparison for years.  I also liked the comparison of the 2 to Orakpo. Good players, 6-8 sacks a year, but seldom game wreckers.  I'm just glad my team won't be paying huge contracts to players who just are not elite.  

Orakpo was a better player than Young. He had multiple double digit sack seasons despite playing in a 3-4. In this scheme next to Payne and Allen he'd be even better.

Young is an overhyped Kenard Lang.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Rack was always busting his butt. Chase’s effort has been trash this year. 

This team is always less than the sum of its parts. I’m glad they pulled the trigger today to move both those guys. 

We just have to cross our fingers that Harris gets the FO hires right. We can’t afford to have the kind of reckless, compulsive nuttery that Tepper has brought here to the Panthers. 

Gotta get these hires right. Keep the core guys and establish a singular vision/culture.

We are due some good fortune. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This team is always less than the sum of its parts. I’m glad they pulled the trigger today to move both those guys. 

We just have to cross our fingers that Harris gets the FO hires right. We can’t afford to have the kind of reckless, compulsive nuttery that Tepper has brought here to the Panthers. 

Gotta get these hires right. Keep the core guys and establish a singular vision/culture.

We are due some good fortune. 

I trust Harris because he has a track record of rebuilding sports franchises. Both the Devils and 76ers, his other two teams, were in that mediocre area when he took over. He bottomed them out and turned them both into quality playoff contenders that can compete for rings.

I'm so mixed on these trades of Young/Sweat. I kind of understand the expense to keep them after this season, but Jack@ss Del Rio and his D system need to go first! Even if we drafted the #1 pick in the draft, being a position on the D-side, Jack@ss would still screw it up!

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

One of these years we are actually going to hit on one of these first round generational 1st round picks. Seems like for the last 30 years most of our hyped up 1st rounds picks have busted. I hope most of that was due to the Snyder curse and lack of competent GMs

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The whole switch to 3-4 when they had Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Haynesworth still bothers me.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Didn’t like picking Young with the #2 draft pick during that draft. Watched his last few college games where he did nothing. Bull rush into a tackle 50 lbs heavier than him over and over, same results. Guy had no moves and seemed slow compared to elite NFL pass rushers like the kid from Pitt. Yes he did OK against division 3 type tackles but against big 10 linemen he did not shine. Wanted one of the QBs or trade down. Wish we could have received a #1 or at least a 2 but he has health issues so I can see what we were offered. He would have wanted a fortune when his contract was up so good luck in San Fran. Let some of our younger guys play, he’ll, can’t be much worse. 

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

One of these years we are actually going to hit on one of these first round generational 1st round picks. Seems like for the last 30 years most of our hyped up 1st rounds picks have busted. I hope most of that was due to the Snyder curse and lack of competent GMs

Until this team can find another Beathard or Casserly, drafting and free agency are gonna continue varying in results.

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There was obviously some tension between him and Allen. I remember one time Allen mentioning something about how Young needing to rush the QB along side him or something along those lines. 

Also I'm fairly certain Daron Payne was talking about Chase when he mentioned "and *someone* needs to remember to cover the weakside" during his mic up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Didn’t like picking Young with the #2 draft pick during that draft. Watched his last few college games where he did nothing. Bull rush into a tackle 50 lbs heavier than him over and over, same results. Guy had no moves and seemed slow compared to elite NFL pass rushers like the kid from Pitt. Yes he did OK against division 3 type tackles but against big 10 linemen he did not shine. Wanted one of the QBs or trade down. Wish we could have received a #1 or at least a 2 but he has health issues so I can see what we were offered. He would have wanted a fortune when his contract was up so good luck in San Fran. Let some of our younger guys play, he’ll, can’t be much worse. 

He was certainly overdrafted.

A top 15 picks yes, 2nd pick no.

We wanted Garrett and got Clowney. 

Herbert and Tua were huge risks at the time though, and both would've been destroyed by this organization. 

We have people comparing Rak to Young? Rak was a great teammate, motor guy who never gave up on plays and virtually every one of his seasons was more productive than 99’s. 

99’s potential was and still is through the roof. Production wise they aren’t even in the same hemisphere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Since ST21

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Searchingforaqb said:

He was certainly overdrafted.

A top 15 picks yes, 2nd pick no.

We wanted Garrett and got Clowney. 

Herbert and Tua were huge risks at the time though, and both would've been destroyed by this organization. 

Agree with a mid 1st rd pick like you said. Do you think CY is as good as Clowney? I wanted Tua but my son talked me out of it because of his hip injury. So I said fine, give me Herbert, at least he has a good arm.