Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Chase fan here but I do agree with the trade. We have for what seems like forever been holding on to players too long. At some point we have to run the team as a business, and this seems to be a starting point. Gotta keep getting picks and younger players. I hope Chase stays healthy and performs well in SF. Same goes for Sweat.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here's the thing... I don't know if it is admitting that.

I think it's admitting that we weren't probably going to re-sign either of them...

But, I know some folks think I'm crazy... I think our defensive end play is going to improve and you're going to see a noticeable difference in the defense minus Sweat and Young. Moreso Young than Sweat, as Sweat had improved his contain/run discipline a good portion (though he still did it a few times this year).

Toohill, JSW and the rookies should be more than okay as schematic players... and Toohill is actually a pretty decent pass rusher. 

We also can't just rely on the front four anymore. We started to see more blitzing last week. I would hope that trend continues. Allowing Jamin Davis to pass rush is a major win for us, too. 

We'll see what happens, but I honestly think we have potential to be better now... as crazy as it sounds.

(For the record, I think 99 is going to do well in SF and Sweat will bring some semblance of a pass rush to Chicago)

I may not be remembering correctly but didn’t an element of our run in 2021 coincide with both Sweat and Young being out?

I am really excited to see what Toohill can do as the lead EDGE rest of year. I think he may be a long term starter given that he can drop into coverage and play the run well in addition to providing just enough pass rush juice

Edited by method man
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, method man said:

I may not be remembering correctly but didn’t an element of our run in 2021 coincide with both Sweat and Young being out?

Yup. When Toohill and JSW were in during the 2021 season the defense played better. Sweat and Young were both hurt in games during the four game winning streak mid season.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Plus1Hdcp_ said:

Chase fan here but I do agree with the trade. We have for what seems like forever been holding on to players too long. At some point we have to run the team as a business, and this seems to be a starting point. Gotta keep getting picks and younger players. I hope Chase stays healthy and performs well in SF. Same goes for Sweat.

They have the same agent....

They were going to get squeezed like a Zit..!!

Both will attempt to get the franchise tag to be overpaid.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, TheShredder said:

They have the same agent....

They were going to get squeezed like a Zit..!!

Both will attempt to get the franchise tag to be overpaid.

SF is not giving Chase the franchise tag no matter what. They can't afford it. The comp they gave up also shows what they generally think about giving him a long term deal. Chase is going to have a rude awakening in FA

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

SF is not giving Chase the franchise tag no matter what. They can't afford it. The comp they gave up also shows what they generally think about giving him a long term deal. Chase is going to have a rude awakening in FA

I agree, that's why I said 'attempt'. Bears will overpay Sweat and Young will get to free agency imo.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Its all Dans fault. This is the fallout from his Haskins infatuation. Otherwise we would have had Herbert or Tua. 

and wasted their talent, too.

Get this mother****er to the ATN and lets move on.

We'll probably get to watch another HoF career from afar, but change is finally here.

This kinda of waste won't happen again.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Its all Dans fault. This is the fallout from his Haskins infatuation. Otherwise we would have had Herbert or Tua. 

IDK bro, Herbert costs 55M per year and Howell's stats are comparable at a fractional cost.

Tua is having a great year but not sure how much of that is Hill and Mike McDaniel's. If Tua goes somewhere else, does he move the needle? IDK

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

IDK bro, Herbert costs 55M per year and Howell's stats are comparable at a fractional cost.

Tua is having a great year but not sure how much of that is Hill and Mike McDaniel's. If Tua goes somewhere else, does he move the needle? IDK

Lets not go crazy. Herbert is a better QB than Howell. The volume stats aren't a fair comp because Herbert has already had his bye.

• Like 1

Somehow Washington believes devaluing their own good players and creating new holes on the roster is rebuilding. Even the Madden video game would have gotten better value for their players. Trading away premiere pieces without a GM in place tells me all I need to know about Harris. Washington is still the chump of the NFL. Fans saying Washington invested too much in the DL while the top 2 teams in the NFC continue investing in their DL in our faces is peak cluelessness. Why fix weaknesses when you can "fix" strengths? If you don't win games, blame the strength of your team for not compensating. Creating more weaknesses on your roster is rebuilding! Even though that's exactly how the Washington OL fell apart, they should do it again with the DL! Do I have it right? Washington has zero idea how to rebuild correctly and this is just another embarrassing example. Worst organization in football. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Somehow Washington believes devaluing their own good players and creating new holes on the roster is rebuilding. Even the Madden video game would have gotten better value for their players. Trading away premiere pieces without a GM in place tells me all I need to know about Harris. Washington is still the chump of the NFL. Fans saying Washington invested too much in the DL while the top 2 teams in the NFC continue investing in their DL in our faces is peak cluelessness. Why fix weaknesses when you can "fix" strengths? If you don't win games, blame the strength of your team for not compensating. Creating more weaknesses on your roster is rebuilding! Even though that's exactly how the Washington OL fell apart, they should do it again with the DL! Do I have it right? Washington has zero idea how to rebuild correctly and this is just another embarrassing example. Worst organization in football. 

Ah, this take is super flawed. The d-line is hardly a strength, especially at d-end. When the talent at, say, LB and o-line is weak enough that correcting it brings for more than the drop off between starting and backup d-ends, you do it. Especially when these guys will eat up oodles of salary cap space.  

• Like 1

I called this guy a bust like 18 months ago and people got angry (or maybe just one guy). Can't find the post but I recall it vividly with vexation.

🙄

Huge bust. Goodbye. Worthless player. No ill will but.....sort of. 

And watch him turn his career around and come back to crush us. Because.....you know....that's what the Commanders do.

2 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Trading away premiere pieces without a GM in place tells me all I need to know about Harris. 

lol, what was suppose to happen Harris would get a gm before the year was over just to trade these two? We got value for two players who would have been gone in January…then the new gm will pick two new players with the new draft picks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:25 PM, zCommander said:

Chase is a bust. There I said it! 

Two years ago I saw the writing on the wall that many didn't see it coming or wanted to believe. Well at least San Fran give us a 3rd for him so there is that... a nice parting comp pick. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IrepDC said:

These 2 were not "premium pieces", they were pretty good and nothing more. The only time to trade them was now, if they waited until after the season they were not under contract.  Montez never had more than 9 sacks in a season and averaged 7.25.  Chase has 14 sacks in 34 games.  These are not premium players, they are actually very replaceable with far cheaper players, but they will be paid like they are premium players.  We should be thankful that our team will not be the one to overpay and have too much invested in a DL that has never been great.  

• Like 2