Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

He

6 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

IRepDC didn't you used to be a Skins fan? 

I have made my feelings clear on the subject but if you switched that's fine but why are you here though if you did?

He said the Chase trade was the final straw.  

Bye.

Since Josh hasn’t hired his Gm and head coach; we have no clue yet how things will go.  I expect more trades next offseason.

Is it going to be easy, no. Could be a couple of lean years if they do a true rebuild. Could they mess up, sure. Only the Bills of teams with new owners last decade has had sustained success and even they initially messed up.

We’ll have wait and see how things fare but I do sense,if they make mistakes; they  will move on quickly.

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

IRepDC didn't you used to be a Skins fan? 

I have made my feelings clear on the subject but if you switched that's fine but why are you here though if you did?

I have talked football on this site nearly 20 years, and I'll continue to. I'm in the Around the NFL forum which doesn't violate rules. Yes, I was a Skins fan, but I got tired of rooting for a league chump. Everywhere else I talk football Commanders fans are fed up. Only here is everyone pretending Washington didn't just get worked over.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He

He said the Chase trade was the final straw.  

Bye.

Since Josh hasn’t hired his Gm and head coach; we have no clue yet how things will go.  I expect more trades next offseason.

Is it going to be easy, no. Could be a couple of lean years if they do a true rebuild. Could they mess up, sure. Only the Bills of teams with new owners last decade has had sustained success and even they initially messed up.

We’ll have wait and see how things fare but I do sense,if they make mistakes; they  will move on quickly.

That kinda petty culture is part of your losing. You can't be one of the sorriest franchises in sports and carry a condescending petty spiteful attitude, but somehow that's Washington.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IrepDC said:

I have talked football on this site nearly 20 years, and I'll continue to. I'm in the Around the NFL forum which doesn't violate rules. Yes, I was a Skins fan, but I got tired of rooting for a league chump. Everywhere else I talk football Commanders fans are fed up. Only here is everyone pretending Washington didn't just get worked over.

That kinda petty culture is part of your losing. You can't be one of the sorriest franchises in sports and carry a condescending petty spiteful attitude, but somehow that's Washington.

You're quitting being a fan because when the team moved on from an overrated, underperforming player, the coaching staff and front office that will get fired at the end of the season said mean things?

The staff taking shots at Chase is petty, yes. But I don't get quitting over it when the staff that's taking the shots is 2 months from getting nuked. After living a full lifetime of being a fan of a joke team, it's foreign to me to see the light at the end of the tunnel and decide that NOW it's gone too far.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

You're quitting being a fan because when the team moved on from an overrated, underperforming player, the coaching staff and front office that will get fired at the end of the season said mean things?

The staff taking shots at Chase is petty, yes. But I don't get quitting over it when the staff that's taking the shots is 2 months from getting nuked. After living a full lifetime of being a fan of a joke team, it's foreign to me to see the light at the end of the tunnel and decide that NOW it's gone too far.

He has alternated between saying he used to be a fan and referering to them as "our" and "we" throughout the thread so he's all over the map..  I made no secret that I pulled back from the team but that was because of one person, Daniel  Snyder.  To leave a team you followed for 20 years, with new ownership in place and everything being different, is just so bizarre to me.  

I really don't feel like engaging with him anymore.  If he continues to throw insults at posters (well mostly me actually) when it's pretty clear that the cap ramifications have to be factored in when evaluating the trade, or when his reply is Harris will buy a new team with the cap savings instead of actually addressing the point, it kind of tells me who I'm dealing with.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/3/2023 at 1:31 PM, NickyJ said:

I suffered through a lot more than this. Like you and others, I have endured the past 30 years of chaos. My fanhood has been declining for years and several times I've taken a break from watching the team all together. It is like living in another world watching other teams and how they go about doing things. I know Chase got push back for comments about San Fran bring different, but deep down, even the most die hard fan knows he's telling the truth. Washington just has to slander and bad mouth players on the way out to feel better about themselves. I have a few players on the team I'll always root for, but to me, Harris is showing signs that he will continue the chaos so I'm jumping ship. Still my hometown team, but there's better football out there to follow. 

On 11/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, Darrell Green Fan said:

He has alternated between saying he used to be a fan and referering to them as "our" and "we" throughout the thread so he's all over the map..  I made no secret that I pulled back from the team but that was because of one person, Daniel  Snyder.  To leave a team you followed for 20 years, with new ownership in place and everything being different, is just so bizarre to me.  

I really don't feel like engaging with him anymore.  If he continues to throw insults at posters (well mostly me actually) when it's pretty clear that the cap ramifications have to be factored in when evaluating the trade, or when his reply is Harris will buy a new team with the cap savings instead of actually addressing the point, it kind of tells me who I'm dealing with.

I never insulted you. You are the one who attempted making the conversation personal, and you even admitted and apologized. I told the uncomfortable truth about the TEAM, but I never said anything personal. Weird twist you're trying to do, but I've kept it football. Such as Toohill and Smith-Williams generating ZERO pressure last week. Remember I told you that you'll see what soft edges look like now? This is just the beginning, and fans will be clamoring for a big money FA or high draft pick edge rusher sooner than you think.

Edited by IrepDC

27 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I suffered through a lot more than this. Like you and others, I have endured the past 30 years of chaos. My fanhood has been declining for years and several times I've taken a break from watching the team all together. It is like living in another world watching other teams and how they go about doing things. I know Chase got push back for comments about San Fran bring different, but deep down, even the most die hard fan knows he's telling the truth. Washington just has to slander and bad mouth players on the way out to feel better about themselves. I have a few players on the team I'll always root for, but to me, Harris is showing signs that he will continue the chaos so I'm jumping ship. Still my hometown team, but there's better football out there to follow. 

You believe that Harris is showing signs that he will continue the chaos by....... not saying anything about players that have been traded.

Ok. Kudos for knowing what you're looking for.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, IrepDC said:

I never insulted you. You are the one who attempted making the conversation personal, and you even admitted and apologized. I told the uncomfortable truth about the TEAM, but I never said anything personal. Weird twist you're trying to do, but I've kept it football. Such as Toohill and Smith-Williams generating ZERO pressure last week. Remember I told you that you'll see what soft edges look like now? This is just the beginning, and fans will be clamoring for a big money FA or high draft pick edge rusher sooner than you think.

I thought we were done here. Why bring up all of this again?  I went back and reviewed our conversation. I never made it "personal" I simply made fun of your claim at your superior football knowledge. It was you who were throwing the insults with comments such as " Poor Commanders fans talking in circles trying to rationalize getting abused" etc.  And I sure didn't apologize because I had nothing to apologize for.

As I clearly posted if you are going to totally ignore the cap ramifications when evaluating this trade then I see no point in engaging with you on this topic.  

• 2 weeks later...

Young played less than half of te defensive snaps this week for SF, and didn't record a SINGLE STAT on the stat sheet. Yet fans and media are clamoring he has pushed the 9ers defense over the hump into elite territory...

R.gif.89b4c856ed928d0e413c7c0ea4b02236.gif

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The Niners are getting exactly what they need from him. He’s not getting the sacks, but the team is. They were not getting home before he got there. Definitely worth one of their three third round picks.

Causation doesn’t equal correlation.

I think with all their defensive talent, especially Bosa, they were bound to start racking up sacks.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

image.jpeg.af513c815c78249ee329f52aab192253.jpeg

Another.

A couple meaningless pressures. And an "almost" there late in garbage time. Got his hands on Hurts but couldn't bring him down.

Seems to be playing less and less each week.

His highlight vs Philly:

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, cakmoney61 said:

I am elated with the trade of Chase Young for a third-round compensatory pick.  Was the 49ers the only team willing to give up that much?

I was utterly mind blown and exited that they managed to get a 3rd for Chase Young. I couldn't believe the 49ers did that and I've got to wonder if something isn't quite right with that organization.

Edited by seamonster

On 1/1/2024 at 12:57 PM, NoVaSkins21 said:

Chase is quickly approaching Jadeveon Clowney territory, a guy who was also touted as a generational talent who never lived up to his potential and is now a journeyman player

That might be an insult to Clowney at this point. 

Young looks like a solid JAG on the 9ers. It will be interesting to see how he does as a FA. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1