Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I don't mean to obsess over the clown, he is gone and someone else's problem. But damnit almost every day there is more news. LOL that he is being described as a superstar.  

RUMOR: 49ers Coaching Staff Is Considering Benching Superstar Player For Super Bowl After His Pathetic Effort

The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly considering benching a defensive star for their Super Bowl showdown vs. the Kansas City Chiefs next month.

According to the NFL Notifications account on X, defensive end Chase Young is in danger of missing out on the game following his performance on Sunday night. The former Ohio State star was exposed by Detroit Lions running back Jahmyr Gibbs on a touchdown run, having made a pathetic attempt to stop the rookie on his way into the end zone during the Niners’ comeback win. 

The lethargic effort did not go unnoticed by fans, who ripped the player online.

Per the aforementioned account, the Niners have realized that the player has made a habit of taking several plays off during games and now consider him a liability.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/rumor-49ers-considering-benching-star-player-super-bowl-pathetic-effort/

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't mean to obsess over the clown, he is gone and someone else's problem. But damnit almost every day there is more news. LOL that he is being described as a superstar.  

RUMOR: 49ers Coaching Staff Is Considering Benching Superstar Player For Super Bowl After His Pathetic Effort

The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly considering benching a defensive star for their Super Bowl showdown vs. the Kansas City Chiefs next month.

According to the NFL Notifications account on X, defensive end Chase Young is in danger of missing out on the game following his performance on Sunday night. The former Ohio State star was exposed by Detroit Lions running back Jahmyr Gibbs on a touchdown run, having made a pathetic attempt to stop the rookie on his way into the end zone during the Niners’ comeback win. 

The lethargic effort did not go unnoticed by fans, who ripped the player online.

Per the aforementioned account, the Niners have realized that the player has made a habit of taking several plays off during games and now consider him a liability.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/rumor-49ers-considering-benching-star-player-super-bowl-pathetic-effort/

I'm pretty sure that's a BS report but they probably are frustrated with his effort. What professional coaching staff wouldn't be? He barely plays 50% of snaps now anyway and the only reason he's listed as a starter is because they have two other DEs on IR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm pretty sure that's a BS report but they probably are frustrated with his effort. What professional coaching staff wouldn't be? He barely plays 50% of snaps now anyway and the only reason he's listed as a starter is because they have two other DEs on IR.

It wasn't just one report, it's all over the internet.  

• Like 2

What justifies that insane lazy reach on the Detroit TD?

The only thing I can think is that Chase is trying not to get hurt for his next contract.  But if people see that film, you know that he's going to dog it (which isn't good for any reason). Like, if this were a meaningless TD in a romp in the regular season, maybe you get a talking to and you move on.  But this was in the NFC Championship game. If you're going to lack effort here, when are you not going to decide to be lazy (or scared)?

You're better off with almost any other player at the DE spot right now. Like even the last guy in the depth chart will give you more effort than this.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2024 at 12:14 PM, Ghost of said:

What justifies that insane lazy reach on the Detroit TD?

The only thing I can think is that Chase is trying not to get hurt for his next contract.  But if people see that film, you know that he's going to dog it (which isn't good for any reason). Like, if this were a meaningless TD in a romp in the regular season, maybe you get a talking to and you move on.  But this was in the NFC Championship game. If you're going to lack effort here, when are you not going to decide to be lazy (or scared)?

You're better off with almost any other player at the DE spot right now. Like even the last guy in the depth chart will give you more effort than this.

We obviously won that trade, most everyone knows this.  Now we will watch Chase Young bounce around the league signing small "prove it" deals.  And like Lavar he will never get it that he was never as good as the hype. 

• Thumb up 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:23 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not to mention the team trading the 3rd lost the trade. 

And it's really a 4th because there are so many comp picks now. It may just be the same as a mid 4th pick. But they still lost the trade. 

On 1/30/2024 at 12:25 PM, Riggo-toni said:

nsfw(language)

I love JankyRondo, I highly recommend watching his reaction videos to our game highlights. I especially recommend the one from last year where we punked the Eagles.

The injury killed him mentally. Say what you will but his rookie year the guy always put on full effort. He looks like a guy who is scared of getting hurt and is going through the motions to make sure he gets paid.

I can't see anyone offering him more than a vet minimum to be honest. I think he'll wash out completely and retire by 2026.

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The injury killed him mentally. Say what you will but his rookie year the guy always put on full effort. He looks like a guy who is scared of getting hurt and is going through the motions to make sure he gets paid.

I disagree that Chase is scared and that's the reason for his drop-off. 

The injury didn't help, but I think the money he got in the NFL and the endorsements changed him.

We saw that in the offseason after his rookie year where he freely admitted spending most of that time chasing endorsements and going after the dollar. 

The money and the new lifestyle it brought changed him, robbed him of the strong work ethic he had in college, and most importantly,  he just has no heart for the game.

Just what he can make. 💲💰💲💰💲

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The injury didn't help, but I think the money he got in the NFL and the endorsements changed him.

We saw that in the offseason after his rookie year where he freely admitted spending most of that time chasing endorsements and going after the dollar. 

The money and the new lifestyle it brought changed him, robbed him of the strong work ethic he had in college, and most importantly,  he just has no heart for the game.

I really didn't notice a lack of effort, just production, from Chase until this season.  Then he started quitting on plays here and obviously continued that pattern. In a game to get to the Super Bowl.  Just wow.  It makes me sick that he is at the Super Bowl and I will have to root for him to get a ring because I'm rooting for the Niners.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:38 AM, SkinsGuy said:

That was a factor as well. He didn't work to improve his game between year 1 and 2. Even before the injury his second year, he had no production to speak of(like what half a sack before he got hurt?). He is/was definitely immature. 

Such a shame. All the talent in the world held hostage as Doc Walker would say.

• Like 2

Chase gonna either be the Devin Thomas of former redskins that did nothing on the game but still won a superbowl or Desmond Howard, clinching a game winning sack and becomes mvp of former skins to win a superbowl 

• Like 1

Chase Young will never come closer to a Super Bowl. One sack, one intentional grounding. That's it. He saved himself all season riding a team's better players into a post-season, and all it earned him was 30 seconds of praise. No hardware, no importance, no value to a team looking for someone to contribute all season.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Chase Young will never come closer to a Super Bowl. One sack, one intentional grounding. That's it. He saved himself all season riding a team's better players into a post-season, and all it earned him was 30 seconds of praise. No hardware, no importance, no value to a team looking for someone to contribute all season.

No I have to give him love for those plays. That's the great thing about being a DL. You can make 2 plays and suck the entire rest of the game and come away looking like you had a good game.  He did make an impact. For a change.  The saving grace is Chase Young did not get a ring, he would have been insufferable if that were to happen.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 6:38 AM, abdcskins said:

Skins will draft him and he will tear his ACL first day of mini-camp.

Reading old posts....I was pretty close on this one.  People flamed me for that comment, but dude was a disaster waiting to happen.  Weight room player.

• Thumb down 1

On 4/23/2020 at 8:35 PM, Poindexter said:

I'm so glad we didn't screw that up

Are you sure?

:rofl89:

On 4/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

The most premature thread in the history of ES doesn’t jinx the Skins. 

Deep sigh of relief.  

Are you sure?

:rofl89: