Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

16 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Bosa got hit with the same block in the same game. If you just want to operate in groupthink and make empty posts encouraging one another, leave me out of it. 

You have a weird obsession with him. Since you don't want to talk actual football, because we both know you can't, I have nothing else to say. Enjoy trashing a player who is across the country playing in the NFC Championship game. A game you now hold the record for not seeing in the longest time.

Because they will get the 3rd for him back that the spent. They are playing chess. I can't debate with you all because you don't even understand what's happening in the real NFL.

Washington getting a third rounder for Young = bad

SF getting a third rounder for Young (they won’t) = good!

Got it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Washington getting a third rounder for Young = bad

SF getting a third rounder for Young (they won’t) = good!

Got it.

Yes, because that's what I said. This board used to have some really good discussion...... I won't reiterate my point anymore. You guys make talking about football a chore. 

11 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Yes, because that's what I said. This board used to have some really good discussion...... I won't reiterate my point anymore. You guys make talking about football a chore. 

Every piece of evidence we have shows that Chase Young did nothing in SF and it was a smart move.  It's OK to be wrong, others in the thread were man enough to do that.  But when you can't admit it and continue to lecture others on their football knowledge, well that's where come off looking like a clown.    

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Every piece of evidence we have shows that Chase Young did nothing in SF and it was a smart move.  It's OK to be wrong, when you can't admit it and continue to lecture others on their football knowledge, that's where come off looking like a clown.    

You are literally ignoring the evidence of the Commanders replacements. If it was such a great move, you wouldn't be literally STALKING Chase Young and watching every snap of his, while ignoring your own DE's, trying to prove it. At this rate, I expect you to bump this thread every week with a breakdown of every Young snap. After a breakup, the one obsessing and claiming to be over the other person, while stalking them, is lying to themselves. If Young was so terrible, why does it seem like he's your favorite NFL player? If he's so trash, move on. But you can't, because your team is trash and has to trash players on their way out like the bottom feeder NFL team that they are.

13 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Bosa got hit with the same block in the same game. If you just want to operate in groupthink and make empty posts encouraging one another, leave me out of it. 

I didn't bring up or comment on one particular play, though. I'm talking about his tenure with two different teams and how it'll reflect on his next contract. His worth compared to his draft position and career production. 

1 hour ago, IrepDC said:

You are literally ignoring the evidence of the Commanders replacements.

His replacement, as far as I'm concerned, isn't even on the Commanders, much less San Francisco. It isn't even necessarily the third that was traded for him, which now belongs to the Commanders. It wouldn't shock me if Shen said to Harris "Take a ham sandwich for this guy and run" knowing there was no interest in a big contract, especially with the starting DT's making so much money and Chase having plateaued his rookie year. The team was in full-blown tank mode by then. I get wanting to compare Chase to Toohil, but the team had become sellers at that point.

I really like the Niners.  Love the way they play on both sides of the ball, they have a great defense and they don't throw 30 five yard passes.  They have receivers on 10-15 yard patterns between the numbers which results in bigger, more exciting  plays. I want Kyle to finally get a ring.  How can you not root for Brock Purdy?

But I hope it's next year. Chase Young with a ring will be insufferable.  He will prance around like he's Michael Phelps when we all know he had little to do with it. 

2 hours ago, IrepDC said:

You are literally ignoring the evidence of the Commanders replacements. If it was such a great move, you wouldn't be literally STALKING Chase Young and watching every snap of his, while ignoring your own DE's, trying to prove it. At this rate, I expect you to bump this thread every week with a breakdown of every Young snap. After a breakup, the one obsessing and claiming to be over the other person, while stalking them, is lying to themselves. If Young was so terrible, why does it seem like he's your favorite NFL player? If he's so trash, move on. But you can't, because your team is trash and has to trash players on their way out like the bottom feeder NFL team that they are.

if you think they won't add edge players for next season, when it really matters, you would be wrong.  Again.  Games in November when you are 3-5 and going nowhere don't really matter now do they?

You continue to claim I am ignoring  your comments as you  continue to ignore the main point of this trade, points I have been making that you have ignored.  Keeping an unproductive player that you will lose at the end of the year in a lost season makes zero sense. You continue to live in the present or recent past and not the future. And that is really the most important part.. For you somehow it was important to have a player who can set the edge (even though Chase Young can't do that).  For what exactly in a lost season?.  .

What are you basing that on?  Surely not his play in SF where he hadn't done dick. Then what?  Again as I have carefully explained they would either lose him for possibly nothing or overpay for a DL who is not even good enough to be called a JAG.

• Like 1

Nobody is obsessed with Chase Young. This is literally a Chase Young thread. There are a dozen other threads to talk about Maye vs Daniels or Ben Johnson or who we should sign in FA.

Your argument is that the Commanders got ripped off because they only got a 3rd rounder for such a "talent" like Young.  But that was literally the best offer they got. The Ravens nearly offered a 2nd but were turned off by his medicals. Considering how much of a non factor Young has been for the 49ers, I would say the trade has worked out for us. The 49ers don't really lose anything, they'll probably get that 3rd round pick back a year later, but its not like it was some kind of highway robbery. You're making it sound like the 49ers pulled off the coup of the century. The reality is, they rented a bad player for half a year who hasn't really done anything and we got a little something for a guy we had no interest in bringing back and wouldn't be worth bringing back.

As far as your other argument "what about Young's replacements? they were worse!" I'm not 100% sure they were. Our defense sucked with Young. When we lost Young in 2021, our defense didn't really miss a beat. And Young sucks at setting the edge. I think the bigger issue was that we traded Sweat at the same time and THAT is what hurt our pass rush(although lets be honest our pass rush wasn't really that effective even with both Sweat and Young, but that was more of a coaching/scheme issue). Now if you wanna argue that we got ripped off in the Sweat trade, yeah you have an argument. Sweat balled out for Chicago and completely turned their defense around and got a huge contract out of it. We were not gonna pay Sweat that money after already paying Allen and Payne. Is that bad thinking? Maybe. But at the end of the day we received a top 40 pick for a player that we we knew for sure we weren't going to bring back. Not really the worst trade in the world.

Yes, Young is playing in the NFC Championship game this week. Good for him. But he's still pretty much been a non factor for them. Its like arguing we made a mistake letting Devin Thomas go back in 2010 or whenever because he won a ring with the Giants a year later.

And then you argue that we're some kind of awful organization because we traded an overrated non factor with an injury history for a decent draft pick. The Rivera regime made a lot of boneheaded moves but this one was actually one of the few good ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

if you think they won't add edge players for next season, when it really matters, you would be wrong.  Again.  Games in November when you are 3-5 and going nowhere don't really matter now do they?

You continue to claim I am ignoring  your comments as you  continue to ignore the main point of this trade, points I have been making that you have ignored.  Keeping an unproductive player that you will lose at the end of the year in a lost season makes zero sense. You continue to live in the present or recent past and not the future. And that is really the most important part.. For you somehow it was important to have a player who can set the edge (even though Chase Young can't do that).  For what exactly in a lost season?.  .

What are you basing that on?  Surely not his play in SF where he hadn't done dick. Then what?  Again as I have carefully explained they would either lose him for possibly nothing or overpay for a DL who is not even good enough to be called a JAG.

Ironically, the Packers were 2-5, but again, losers usually have a loser mentality. Also ironic, your new GM was in the group that traded for Young. The regime that traded Young is likely done in the NFL. I have given a few examples of how you go about moving on from Young, if you are a legit NFL franchise. The Commanders, up until this point, do not make any decisions with foresight. It's all in the moment and over reaction. This move was another erratic over reaction that created more holes on the 2nd weakest roster in the league. It doesn't seem you all are understanding what I'm saying about the myriad of better ways to move on from a player, but whatever. If you were so confident, why do you all feel the need to prove it to me? Nothing you all say will change my mind so to continue bumping this thread is fruitless. 

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yes, Young is playing in the NFC Championship game this week. Good for him. But he's still pretty much been a non factor for them. Its like arguing we made a mistake letting Devin Thomas go back in 2010 or whenever because he won a ring with the Giants a year later.

Devin Thomas didn't start for the Giants. Young still would have led the Washington DL in every important stat this year. This convo is silly, because if you all really believed it was a good trade, why are you watching San Fran so hard to nitpick Young? 

Real NFL teams have contingency plans when replacing players so that they don't immediately create more holes. Look at how the Eagles have continued to draft OL in preparation for Cox and Graham moving on. Look at how the 49ers keep replenishing their DL. Those teams have strengths that have remained strengths. 

The Packers did something similar with Jon Runyan this year. They started rotating OL, something innovative in itself, and getting reps for Sean Rhyan to get ready. Now we can let Runyan walk, if need be, we don't create a hole on the roster, and we can still get a comp pick depending on free agency. You won't see Packer fans trashing Runyan despite him maybe underperforming either. We will just honor his contribution and go forward.

Meanwhile amateur hour over here is rationalizing creating huge holes on an already TERRIBLE roster. It's hilarious you all think that was so clever of a trade when you're aware of how the rest of the league operates. You are a farm team. Nitpicking Chase Young's play in the NFC Championship game, like Commanders fans will do this week, when your team hasn't been there in 30 years, is what losers do. 

Give yourself a moral victory because Young doesn't have to play hero ball in San Fran, though, like he was expected to here, I guess.

3 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Ironically, the Packers were 2-5, but again, losers usually have a loser mentality. Also ironic, your new GM was in the group that traded for Young. The regime that traded Young is likely done in the NFL. I have given a few examples of how you go about moving on from Young, if you are a legit NFL franchise. The Commanders, up until this point, do not make any decisions with foresight. It's all in the moment and over reaction. This move was another erratic over reaction that created more holes on the 2nd weakest roster in the league. It doesn't seem you all are understanding what I'm saying about the myriad of better ways to move on from a player, but whatever. If you were so confident, why do you all feel the need to prove it to me? Nothing you all say will change my mind so to continue bumping this thread is fruitless. 

Devin Thomas didn't start for the Giants. Young still would have led the Washington DL in every important stat this year. This convo is silly, because if you all really believed it was a good trade, why are you watching San Fran so hard to nitpick Young? 

Foresight is making a move for the future.  And that is exactly what they did.  I am hardly nit picking, I gave his stats for his entire 11 games in SF and they suck.  This was obviously the right move and you have not made one argument that debates that, other then referencing the way things used to be here.  This is a new regime so basing your opinion on what they did in the past shows a lack of football knowledge and common sense.

I'm done with you.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1.  Chase Young was Washingtons best DL and maybe best defensive player when he was here.

2.  If they would have kept him, Washington would have been better.  I'm not sure he would have even made a difference in winning a game, but they would have been better.

3.  Being better wouldn't have mattered to this team and if they were better enough that they would have won a game or 2 that they lost, that would have been bad because they'd be picking higher at very round of the draft.  Being bad this year was the right thing.

4.  If Washington wants to improve, they will need new edge rushers.  None of the guys they have are very good, and even if 1 or 2 does break out next year, they'll still need more depth.

5.  The 49ers are not and never were going to sign Chase Young to a contract before FA.  They don't have the cap space for that to make sense.

6.  Chase Young was and will go where he gets the money.

7.  If the current regime decides (part of) the answer to their problem at edge rusher is Chase Young, they will be able to go out and sign him to a contract as FA.  Which is the same place they would have been if they hadn't traded him.

The net effect is that Washington got a 3rd pick for a rental if they so desire and increased the chances of them drafting a higher at every round of the draft.  That's a win.

(I'll also point out, that comp. picks are based on total dollars in vs. total dollars out in FA signings.  The 49ers are unlikely to have much in terms of dollars in while Washing is likely to have a lot of dollars coming in (i.e. we're likely to sign a lot of players).  So a contract for Chase Young that nets the 49ers a 3rd round pick wouldn't necessarily net Washington a 3rd pick.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb down 1

55 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

1.  Chase Young was Washingtons best DL and maybe best defensive player when he was here.

2.  If they would have kept him, Washington would have been better.  I'm not sure he would have even made a difference in winning a game, but they would have been better.

3.  Being better wouldn't have mattered to this team and if they were better enough that they would have won a game or 2 that they lost, that would have been bad because they'd be picking higher at very round of the draft.  Being bad this year was the right thing.

4.  If Washington wants to improve, they will need new edge rushers.  None of the guys they have are very good, and even if 1 or 2 does break out next year, they'll still need more depth.

5.  The 49ers are not and never were going to sign Chase Young to a contract before FA.  They don't have the cap space for that to make sense.

6.  Chase Young was and will go where he gets the money.

7.  If the current regime decides (part of) the answer to their problem at edge rusher is Chase Young, they will be able to go out and sign him to a contract as FA.  Which is the same place they would have been if they hadn't traded him.

The net effect is that Washington got a 3rd pick for a rental if they so desire and increased the chances of them drafting a higher at every round of the draft.  That's a win.

(I'll also point out, that comp. picks are based on total dollars in vs. total dollars out in FA signings.  The 49ers are unlikely to have much in terms of dollars in while Washing is likely to have a lot of dollars coming in (i.e. we're likely to sign a lot of players).  So a contract for Chase Young that nets the 49ers a 3rd round pick wouldn't necessarily net Washington a 3rd pick.)

You didn't watch him yesterday, did you?

Dude sucks in more ways than can be mentioned here before we all wither into nothingness.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

You are correct, if you had said "1/2 of his rookie season..."  But for the rest of the time he was here he was certainly not the best defensive linemen.

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He was our best in 2020 but that's it. 2021 he was bad before being hurt. He missed basically all of 2022. 2023 I would say Sweat was our best.

Not a big Jon Allen fan but he did put up a Pro Bowl season, something Chase never did and never will do.  Sweat was also better, one could argue Payne as well. Again outside of 1/2 of Young's rookie season where he was their best defensive player.  But that still puts him 4rh on the DL IMO.

I hear from informed Niners fans on another board. They all agree that they didn't get what they expected from CY and although it was a great gamble they agree that we got the better of that trade.