Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dude we kept Kyle Allen and whoever the Detroit backup QB for Detroit is in check.

And we thought they were better.

Aaron Rodger says ...

image.jpeg.c80b6d4cb6620fc9b480f26c9cc179de.jpeg

Yeah, the idea we could possibly win 5 or 6 was absolutely laughable.  Some special people dont understand that its almost impossible to win less than 2 in the NFL, because no matter how bad you are theres always the chance you catch a bad team on their worst game of the year, or catch a team devastated by injuries.  We beat 2 trash teams playing at their worst for the season, the most we get is 4 wins.

Haskins is just terrible.  Has no business in the NFL.  It’s one thing to be mistake prone as a rookie, another to have extremely slow processing speed (not to mention a low release and accuracy problems).  I’ve got mixed feelings on trying to get a 3rd for him versus holding on to him and going for a 2021 QB.  

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What's actually MORE unreal is not only did they hire based on his brother's reputation and TB Mafia connections, then they kept the fool for 5.25 years and gave him an extention.

While Kyle, as an OC got a team to a SB, McVay, as a HC got a team to a SB, and LaFleur landed one of the best jobs in the NFL: coaching the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

And we held onto Jay then turned to Bill Callahan. 

Again, thanks for nothing Bruce, you ass.  

Image result for the hunt for red october you ve killed us

Wow, way to flush this toilet.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

People all over Haskins for not seeing the field and reading defense all that great (which I don't disagree with), yet the secondary is in Week 14 and still doesn't even understand how to run their own coverages. 

While I agree with you overall, that the criticism for Haskins may be a little hasty because he's literally played 6 more NFL game than I have, but it's a much easier thing for people to criticize when it's the QB because the camera is on him.  It's hard to say who's fault it actually was in the secondary because we have no idea what the schematic playcall was.  

That said, I think we owe Haskins some patience for the same reasons.  People want him to get rid of the ball right away, yet we don't think he's NFL caliber if we need to cut the field in half for him.  He's only going to develop if he see's things.  Hiding him from defenses and expecting him to ONLY develop from film / practice is not fair. 

I don't know why O'Connell doesn't utitlize Guice as a pass catcher more.  It would seem that if you are going to have Haskins throwing shorter passes a lot, get Guice out there and hit the dude while he is moving and let him do the work.  It seems like there is zero design or innovation in how to get an inexperienced rookie project QB into any kind of comfort zone.

Archived