Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Packers

TK

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You think anyone else would’ve been better as interim HC with this trash team at 0-5....? 😂😂😂

Jay shouldn't have been coach to begin with, he should have been fired in January 2017 after his team collapsed down the stretch and he had shown that he was Norv II as a HC.  

Then he shouldn't have been extended.

Then he should have been fired after 2018 when they should have known they were going into a reboot mode with a new QB. 

And Callahan should never have been part of any equation.  Ever.

You can't blame Jay for being a crap HC.  You can blame Bruce for not realizing it when he hired him, and then taking 6 years to figure out what just about everybody paying attention already knew.  

1 minute ago, TommyWilson said:

I think we should have stuck with Jay and fired him at the end of the season.  At least he can conceptualize what a modern, balanced offense is supposed to look like.  Callahan is stuck in 1987

I'm incredibly happy that we are out of the Jay business.

No matter how you cut it, Jay's conceptualization was worth a sub 500 record.  

Although, I wish him well in his future endeavors.

2 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

I think we should have stuck with Jay and fired him at the end of the season.  At least he can conceptualize what a modern, balanced offense is supposed to look like.  Callahan is stuck in 1987

Kind by necessity.  He'd rather not play his QB, so his hands are kinda tied.

12 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

He’s the assistant manager of this particular Burger King. Blame the manager for giving him the reigns.

No.  This is a false narrative that needs to end.

BRUCE hired Jay.  Dan wouldn't have even known who Jay Gruden was.  It's completely out of character.  Jay Gruden, a middling OC for a Cincy team that couldn't win a playoff game isn't a Dan move.  Marty, Gibbs, Shanahan, those are Dan moves.  Zorn was Vinny, and it got him fired.  Jay was Bruce, and it should have gotten him fired already.  

EDIT: This is my last post on this subject. Bruce is an incompetent fool is the last I will say about it.  

12 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I'm incredibly happy that we are out of the Jay business.

No matter how you cut it, Jay's conceptualization was worth a sub 500 record.  

Although, I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Right, but Callahan is even worse is the problem 

It was like curing the disease by killing the patient 

4 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

Callahan has been great..what are you talking about...he is Marty..he is winning with a qb that throws 50% and 150 yds

Just now, OVCChairman said:

He's really gotten better with his bull rush.. I REALLY want to see us line him and Sweat up on the same side, potentially setting up a TE or RB to try and block Sweat .

I mean that takes innovation. You're asking for a lot. Maybe Manusky mumbles both cover and they mistake that for blitz from the same side

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  This is a false narrative that needs to end.

BRUCE hired Jay.  Dan wouldn't have even known who Jay Gruden was.  It's completely out of character.  Jay Gruden, a middling OC for a Cincy team that couldn't win a playoff game isn't a Dan move.  Marty, Gibbs, Shanahan, those are Dan moves.  Zorn was Vinny, and it got him fired.  Jay was Bruce, and it should have gotten him fired already.  

And DAN gave him that power. That’s my point. Did you really just gloss over that?

Bruce should’ve gone with Shanahan but he didn’t. DAN gave him the team and here we are.

Just now, TommyWilson said:

Right, but Callahan is even worse is the problem 

It was like curing the disease by killing the patient 

Actually it's like curing the disease by stopping drugs, detoxing, then hopefully addressing the illness instead of living with the symptoms. 

Archived