Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

7 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Because any fan that does not respect a win for their home team (a home team that happens to specialized in losing), should probably reevaluate their allegiances.

I hope this helps..but it's his/her choice.

Drop it. Every week with this ****. No one who is here on ES in 2019 needs to hear you trying to put a value on their fanhood. Some are rooting with long-term interests in mind rather than just this week. And it's fine. Stop policing peoples' fanhood and rooting interests.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you don’t need to re-evaluate your allegiances because you are rooting for the long term success over a literal meaningless victory in a lost season 

Long term success always start with a winning culture.  

Check KC, Check NE and what happened to be an excellent 6 round draft pick surprise, Check the Steelers who have won consistently for 5 decades.

If high draft picks equate to winning, then we would have been winning for the past 5 years.

Hope this helps.

To those that worry this win will save Bruce, I am guessing that Snyder has already made his decision on whether he retains or fires Bruce.  At least I hope so.

As for the draft, I wouldn't worry to much about that at this point.  When we had a shot at number 1 and Tua didn't hurt himself it would have been great to get that first pick just for the options that would open up.  At this point I don't think we will get number 1, and short of 1 player there is no one that other teams will be giving up draft capital to get.  So may as well enjoy the win and hope we continue to see some positives from the team for the rest of the season. 

For me I was glad to see the building blocks of a good offense today. Haskins was not special today. But he took steps. Guice is a straight up monster if he can stay healthy. And we have a very good young WR corps. A LOT to like about todays win. Shows last week wasnt a fluke and we can have an actual winning streak:

Image result for that's called a winning streak

Just now, Birdlives said:

My first impression of Haskins is that he can’t play, but I’m actually surprised at the skills he does have. Great pocket awareness, good movement, shiftiness. He’s started what, 20 games since high school? He might be good enough to win with and I’ll take that.

meanwhile, the draft pick tankers are still ridiculous. Lots of teams pick 1st with no success and tanking has never been a proven workable philosophy. Unless I’m missing an example? My best counter argument is Michael Jordan. Does anyone have an example of when tanking worked?

also, in case I’m mistaken because of tie breakers, we actually just went from 4th to 3rd in spite of the win.

I don't want the high pick from tanking - I'd want to use it to stack picks and re-tool the roster with the multiple picks. Unless Chase Young was there, then I'm only interested in a high pick for a trade down.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

My first impression of Haskins is that he can’t play, but I’m actually surprised at the skills he does have. Great pocket awareness, good movement, shiftiness. He’s started what, 20 games since high school? He might be good enough to win with and I’ll take that.

meanwhile, the draft pick tankers are still ridiculous. Lots of teams pick 1st with no success and tanking has never been a proven workable philosophy. Unless I’m missing an example? My best counter argument is Michael Jordan. Does anyone have an example of when tanking worked?

also, in case I’m mistaken because of tie breakers, we actually just went from 4th to 3rd in spite of the win.

you have to hit the pick obviously. But the higher the pick, the better the selection of players not to mention the potential for trading back a bit and stockpiling more picks. 

but sure, really happy we beat a 5 win panthers team. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Drop it. Every week with this ****. No one who is here on ES in 2019 needs to hear you trying to put a value on their fanhood. Some are rooting with long-term interests in mind rather than just this week. And it's fine. Stop policing peoples' fanhood and rooting interests.

I get it, but God knows this team can screw up a top-2 or 3 pick. There’s no guarantee they’ll get a difference-maker.

Haskins is being praised for finally becoming a game manager and he was 15th. This team’s first-round record isn’t awesome.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

For me I was glad to see the building blocks of a good offense today. Haskins was not special today. But he took steps. Guice is a straight up monster if he can stay healthy. And we have a very good young WR corps. A LOT to like about todays win. Shows last week wasnt a fluke and we can have an actual winning streak:

Image result for that's called a winning streak

Well said.  Keeping it real.

Just now, UKskins said:

I don't want the high pick from tanking - I'd want to use it to stack picks and re-tool the roster with the multiple picks. Unless Chase Young was there, then I'm only interested in a high pick for a trade down.

I don’t know, it just never seems to work; and quite frankly can we honestly trust this bunch to make effective use of a high pick?

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

I get it, but God knows this team can screw up a top-2 or 3 pick. There’s no guarantee they’ll get a difference-maker.

Haskins is being praised for finally becoming a game manager and he was 15th. This team’s first-round record isn’t awesome.

I'd contend he was better than a game manager today. He had some nice throws. Some bullets.

If Sprinkle can catch just a little bit, the kid has a hundred more yards and at least a TD.

8 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Seattle won the West at 7-9 earlier this decade.

That was the "Beastquake" win over NO.

8 minutes ago, thamajinforte said:

its 7-9. twice. 2010 seahawks 2014 panthers

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

7-9 by the Seahawks in 2010. Charlie Whitehurst ftw, and Beast Mode with the KO for the Saints in their first playoff game.

lol Im sorry I thought he ment our division...my bad

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope, the question was “does anyone know what the worst record ever to win A DIVISION was” (and then that person added that the NFC East is a joke. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

He said "a division", not the NFC East.

Yes I made a mistake. I read it quickly.  

Just now, Gibbit said:

Players are definitely not thinking about picks. Transition coaches are not thinking about picks. A little gelling and smiles on the sidelines is good

On top of that, I kind of want prospective coaches that we want to recruit... hot commodities to look at this roster and think... Okay, I can do something with that. The team needs to show some life to get an interesting next head coach.

Archived