Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

‘Sake man give it up already.

You’re just narking for narkings sake. Which would be hilarious if it was an opposition fan trolling.

But you aren’t. Which make the fume all the more bizarre?

All things considered we played a Hell of a game and won our second in a row. 

Relish it. It’s what being a fan is ALL about.

Hail.

You were the one calling people bitter.  Just saying..

#BitterSkinFanInMinn

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wish people would just let those who want to be happy about the win, be happy about the win, and i also wish people Would let others be unhappy too. 

Let. Others. Be. Fans. The. Way. They. Want. To. Be. Fans. 

Simple enough for everyone? 😂😂😂

This. Those wanting losses for draft position need to stop talking down to those who want to win. News flash the players are never playing to lose. That Miami game was a bad team blowing a chance to win - no forced blowing it. 

And those not agreeing with wanting to lose to get better draft position - stop questioning their fan-hood - a stupid thing to do also. People root the way they root. It's their hobby they get to do it the way they want. 

We all want the same thing - a Redskins SuperBowl victory. Just because we see different paths should not bring condescension and/or questions about how big a fan you are. 

3 minutes ago, dc1 said:

From your fingers to the NFL god's ears.

I think they can win the East next year. Dallas, Philly and the Giants are terrible. Wentz has been less than stellar since the Eagles SB win. Their defense is poor. Dallas is all Ezekiel Elliot and they don't have much of an offense in their passing game. The Giants have a terrible O line and no defense. Daniel Jones isn't that good.

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This. Those wanting losses for draft position need to stop talking down to those who want to win. News flash the players are never playing to lose. That Miami game was a bad team blowing a chance to win - no forced blowing it. 

And those not agreeing with wanting to lose to get better draft position - stop questioning their fan-hood - a stupid thing to do also. People root the way they root. It's their hobby they get to do it the way they want. 

We all want the same thing - a Redskins SuperBowl victory. Just because we see different paths should not bring condescension and/or questions about how big a fan you are. 

Agree with this.  I am hardcore about the draft position.  It would drive me nuts for the Giants of all teams to IMO torture us for years with a Strahan type of pass rusher in Chase Young.  My in laws who are Giant fans are delighted with the Redskins win-Giants loss.   So its bitter sweet for me.  Guice is probably my favorite draft pick of all time, I invested a lot in him on the draft thread, so loved to see him bust out.  And I can't really root for him or any player to play poorly.  I got a hard time period to root in real time for a loss even though in the end that's what I want to happen mainly to get rid of Bruce, the draft pick is the 2nd part of it.

But that's my own quirky way of seeing things.  I got no problem with anyone who sees it 100% different.  It's whatever floats your boat as a fan.  No position is superior.  

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

I think they can win the East next year. Dallas, Philly and the Giants are terrible. Wentz has been less than stellar since the Eagles SB win. Their defense is poor. Dallas is all Ezekiel Elliot and they don't have much of an offense in their passing game. The Giants have a terrible O line and no defense. Daniel Jones isn't that good.

I'm with you and hope it pans out.

We need a TE and continued support on both lines.  Significant experience and growth at several positions.  

By the Daniel Jones is good.  Much better than I thought he would be.

6 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

I am. Haskins will be the next Mahomes.

Man, I wish I saw the football world like that alas I don't.  But you never know.  hope you are right. 😀

Glad to see the team win.

Glad to see the replacement LBs play well.

I hope they build on this win and keep improving and work on the little things that will make them into a good team.

I hope that it translates to a much improved team.

We land wherever we land and choose a player who can help the team. 

Ps., I do miss Jordan Reed. He would've been a great comfort blanket for Haskins. 

Pps., Talking about Haskins, he is getting better. With more games, the game will slow down for him and he will be quicker with making the reads. 

Some additional things. I was impressed with Haskins on that last drive before the half with the pass to Sims and then the pass to Harmon. He slid up in the pocket and found Harmon on the pass that got us into FG range. Then the next to Thompson that gets us inside the red zone. Next few plays stall the drive and then we miss the FG, but I thought that was an impressive 2:00 drive by Haskins

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man, I wish I saw the football world like that alas I don't.  But you never know.  hope you are right. 😀

I remember the 1991 team. Heck that team was probably better than my 96 or 2010 Packers.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@ThePackisback is just buttering ya up so we won’t be TOO mad when they beat us next week :P don’t buy it!!! Don’t fall for this niceness 

No not true. I like seeing you guys do well. We didn't play that well today.

1 hour ago, dc1 said:

I'm not policing anyone.  To each their very own.    By the way, take the time to read the contacts of the exchange before your comment on a side bar conversation.

To answer your question directly, if someone takes the time to post why they believe a win is sub optimal, someone else should have the right to respond respectfully.

Hope this helps man.  

HTTR

Telling people they should probably root for a different team if they want losses and liking other people's posts about who the "real" fans are in this thread is not respectful, and is absolutely attempting to police fanhood. Keep it to yourself. 

Hope this helps. 

3 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Glad to see the team win.

Glad to see the replacement LBs play well.

I hope they build on this win and keep improving and work on the little things that will make them into a good team.

I hope that it translates to a much improved team.

We land wherever we land and choose a player who can help the team. 

Ps., I do miss Jordan Reed. He would've been a great comfort blanket for Haskins. 

Pps., Talking about Haskins, he is getting better. With more games, the game will slow down for him and he will be quicker with making the reads. 

Great post from a username tag!

Another drive that impressed me was the one that got us our second FG. Haskins completed passes of 14, 4, and 13 yards on that drive that set us up for the FG. THat drive impressed me because it was going well until the low ball to Harmon. The drive stalled after that but it was a nice sequence of plays

8 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I'm with you and hope it pans out.

We need a TE and continued support on both lines.  Significant experience and growth at several positions.  

By the Daniel Jones is good.  Much better than I thought he would be.

He has a long ways to go. Coaching too has killed the Giants. With how many offensive firepower that team has and they are 2-10 that tells me it's coaching.

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Some additional things. I was impressed with Haskins on that last drive before the half with the pass to Sims and then the pass to Harmon. He slid up in the pocket and found Harmon on the pass that got us into FG range. Then the next to Thompson that gets us inside the red zone. Next few plays stall the drive and then we miss the FG, but I thought that was an impressive 2:00 drive by Haskins

Very good assessment.  And I agree.  There were several plays were he slide in the pocket to maintain a down field view.

I remember one particular play were he pulled back a throw and took a coverage sack.

The announcers confirmed by commenting that he had no where to go with the ball.

Yes he may have had other options and have likely made a number of bad reads but I like the progression.  We are seeing a little more with each start. 

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

He has a long ways to go. Coaching too has killed the Giants. With how many offensive firepower that team has and they are 2-10 that tells me it's coaching.

Giants got decent DTs, Lawrence is really good, Tomlinson too.  BJ Hill gives them some good depth.  You add Chase Young into that soup and I think their defense will sadly make a nice climb.  I watched a lot of the GB game today, that was my go to game during the commercials. 

Archived