Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

KDawg

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I have no idea why O'Connell can't come up with 3 step-drop and out passes for Haskins.  Remember when RG3 was drafted, the Shannahan's basically told him to drop back, find your #1 guy, or find the bail out option in the flat.  I don't understand how one one hand Haskins is not ready to play according to the coaches, but then once he is forced to play they don't even design a particularly rookie/inexperienced type of game plan for him.    It's almost as if they don't think much of him and just want the front office to see it as much as possible for the remainder of 2019, that way they can move on ASAP. 

Well, the simple answer is the Shanahans are much better at this than O'Connell is.  

3 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

I would say it's the worst coached team I have ever seen. Truly appalling. A culture of people who are truly crap at their jobs. It's almost politician level ignorance.

Wowwwww!!!!!  You really scraped the bottom of the barrel in search of a comparison to the coaching staff.  Point well made and taken!!!!!

Just now, justice98 said:

Well, the simple answer is the Shanahans are much better at this than O'Connell is.  

The nasty secret which nobody wants to admit is that not only are they better at it than Callahan and O’Connell are, the are just really good at it in general.  

Dan blew it when he chose Griffin over Mike. 

I will say they allowed Haskins to go out of shotgun. The problem is, its a tell. A rookie QB cannot afford to have tells. You run everything out of shotgun IMO. 

Or you run some boots. They didn't do much IMO because they got caught focusing on the run (even though the run was working). The mix just didn't come together. Overall, the offense is just to damn complicated. And to that point, every QB that has played in the offense has struggled. And they all speak to the complication of the offense. If you're thinking, you're not playing fast. The play itself may not be complicated. I'm thinking its how the play needs to be called. Even Colt has said that this offense is complicated. Again, if you're not comfortable at that position, it affects your entire game. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Larry Michael as despondent as I’ve heard him.  Suggesting this is as bad of an offense as he’s seen covering the team.

As the Minister if Propaganda, Larry has about the hardest job in the world now.  Because there is just about no way to polish this turd. 

If he wasn’t such a pretentious jack ass I’d feel sorry for him. 

Just now, mistertim said:

Uh oh. Sounds like someone's not going to be getting his Christmas bonus this year.   :ols:

Yeah I was surprised because Larry is typically the big time optimist.

Larry, Cooley, and Doc were all really negative talking about the game and the team in the 4th quarter.  And they typically aren’t that negative 

Here’s what I would do with Haskins: I would ONLY run hurry-up.  They are easier to call, you don’t have long play calls,  you keep the defense simple.

Id also run a TON of quick game on first downs.  WR screens, slants, quick ins, outs whatever.  

1 minute ago, Santana_89 said:

Good then we can get a new beat reporter.

I like JP.  Not as much as Kiem. But I like him. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Larry, Cooley, and Doc were all really negative talking about the game and the team in the 4th quarter.  And they typically aren’t that negative 

They don’t want to sit through this crap anymore than we do.  And I bet at least Cooley thinks he could do better. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe wearing down Larry is what smacks some sense into Snyder.  lol

Archived